Roll Call Ventura County - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Roll Call Ventura County

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #16
taphorn
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Digging this thread up from the grave. Just moved to Ventura at the beginning of the month. Anyone around this area hit trails on a regular basis or are there any 4x4 clubs that are active around here?

taphorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2012, 01:10 PM   #17
slow_evo
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Not in Ventura County yet, but I will be moving to Thousand Oaks in December. Down to go wheeling or meeting up!!!!
slow_evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2012, 08:14 AM   #18
IH8RDS
2000 TJ Wrangler 

There's a few of us here in town (Ventura) We wheel a lot..usually every 2-3 weeks and camp Fri-Sun when we go. I'm Ex Navy, and I work on base now. I have 3 day weekends every every other week.

Hittin' up Calico with a big group next weekend..wanna come? Easy to difficult runs going...so pick the one that best suits your driving capabilities and rig set up You can always ride with one of us if you're not comfortable but want to do a harder run as well..

My Specs:
2.5 L 5 speed / 4.56 Gears, 33x12.50 M/T MTZ's, Cragar Soft 8's, 3" Black Diamond suspension , 1" JKS Body Lift Savvy Gas Tank Skid, Currie Correctlync Steering Kit, Currie Adjustable Trackbar, Currie Lower Control Arm Skids, Rear CV Driveshaft, Advance Adaptor SYE, RE Control Arms, 30 Spline, G2 HD Cromoly Rear Axles, RockHard Roll Cage, ARB Lockers, XRC8 Winch, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Xenon Sport Flares, XRC Armor Corner Guards, Skid Row Skid Plate, Pro Comp Trail Lights, Custom Sliders, Cobra CB & More

Pics & Video:
http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/269/i96.mp4
http://s1126.photobucket.com/albums/l617/FTIZSXY/
http://404photography.net/_galleries...%20Big%20Bear/

Lorie

**Pics are before last few sets of upgrades!

Also, I'm known as I H8RDS on the other Jeep sites if you're looking for runs..
calicomjr032.jpg   img_1988.jpg  
IH8RDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2012, 09:25 AM   #19
taphorn
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Next weekend sounds great. Let me know where the meet up point is, or we can drive up convoy style.

Most of my upgrades are listed in my profile, next up on the list will be fenders and under armor but my rig is pretty capable as it sits

I'm currently Navy and work at point Mugu, unfortunately the command I work for thinks they are important and we don't get every other Friday off. It isn't big, grey, and floating so it is still better than the alternative.
Unread 03-25-2012, 09:32 AM   #20
IH8RDS
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Im at PH..I used to be an airdale; parked jets on an aircraft carrier back in the day....And being a GS now, I chose to have Mondays off b/c I need to recoup and clean after my wheeling weekends. She's my daily driver..and I only wheel with my top down and doors off..

I took some leave and I'm actually off Thursday and Friday..and then Mon-wed the following week after the big weekend. Just felt like it ya know? So, I'm leaving this Thursday morning around 0700 which will put me there around 1030. Meeting one of my fav wheeling buddies along the way off the 134E. Meeting a few others out there before noon. Let me know if you need directions and what time you'd like us to look for you. I'm assuming you can't leave Thursday AM ;(

Have you been to Calico?
Unread 03-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #21
taphorn
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I've never been out to Calico, used to live in San Diego but got shipped up to WA last year. The wife and I have hit up big bear a few times back then before I put the HP30, lockers, and 35" on the rig.

I wouldn't be able to make it up till later Friday or Saturday morning. What time are the festivities starting sat? Are you staying at a hotel out there or camping? I def will make it out for at least a day of wheeling, maybe two, depends on if I bring the wife and dogs or leave them at home.
Unread 03-25-2012, 12:08 PM   #22
IH8RDS
2000 TJ Wrangler 

You're going to LOVE Calico! We're camping in Mule Canyon.

Ghost Town address: 36600 Ghost Town Road Yermo, CA 92398. Coming in from the 15 N, exit Ghost Town Exit, then go left. Get gas there if you need it...you'll go up the road for a few miles. You'll pass the entrance to Calico Ghost Town on the left. You'll see a huge cardboard cowboy. Pass him. 100 yards up the road on the left is Doran Scenic Drive..there's a ranger sign encased in glass with maps inside..Pass that and Mule Canyon is another 3 miles or so up the road on the left. It has a glass encased sign as well..Hit the dirt road and just go straight..you won't be able to miss us...there's a lot of us. If you're driving a RV and towing the jeep, there's plenty of room for you, no worries.

If you're coming Saturday morning, there's a meet and greet at 0800 at Peggy Sue's Diner ( I don't know if I'm going to hassle with that b/c I'll have been there already for a couple days in a tent; and would need to air up etc.) So I may pass on that, but if you let me know when you're coming, I'll keep an eye out for ya. You can't really miss my rig; white TJ, license plate I H8RDS, American flag flying driver and MyJeepRocks windshield banner. Ch 4 CB.

There's going to be lots of wives, kids and dogs..feel free to bring all of yours!

Advice on getting here: If you're leaving after work Friday, go 5 south, 14 N, PearBlossom, (heading towards Little Rock/Victorville), 138/18 to 15N. If you're coming Saturday morning, I'd go 101S, 134E, 210E, 15N. If you want to chat, I'll shoot you my cell...Calico is Well Worth the drive! If you liked Big Bear, you'll dig Calico. Just wait!

Unread 03-26-2012, 09:04 PM   #23
taphorn
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'll see you there this weekend
Unread 03-26-2012, 09:12 PM   #24
IH8RDS
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Sent ya a PM..we'll look for you!
Unread 04-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #25
IH8RDS
2000 TJ Wrangler 

For my friends here on this site...Had admin change my screen name to IH8RDS; like I am on the other sites...no more LAFNHUG..

Let's wheel!!!
Unread 04-11-2012, 07:56 PM   #26
IonlyBuyJeep
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Solvang?

Are there any good areas to off road near Solvang?
IonlyBuyJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 01:32 AM   #27
JohnHancock
1997 ZJ 

Moorpark! Any good places to go wheeling?
JohnHancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 01:42 AM   #28
JohnHancock
1997 ZJ 

I just drove by ghost town Rd in Yermo. If I only knew.
JohnHancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 08:18 AM   #29
Xjman1
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHancock
I just drove by ghost town Rd in Yermo. If I only knew.
A group is going wheeling there the weekend of october 26 if you or anyone would like to join. It is in the California section.
Xjman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 08:19 AM   #30
Xjman1
2001 TJ Wrangler 

My mistake it is posted on the other forum.
Xjman1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.