Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

roll call ORANGE COUNTY

245K views 5K replies 213 participants last post by  Roc419 
#1 ·
lets get a shout out from all the orange county jeepers

#210 ·
I won't believe it until I'm invited to one, its like high school all over again :p

The only wrenching party thats going on is happening at the Jeep dealership in Irvine, I broke down and scheduled an appointment for them to take my money. :(

On a unrelated topic my plastic windows have seen better days, do you guys of any of the local boat / upholstery places that can replace just the clear plastic? Anyone have some nice looking windows they want to sell or trade for my sub par set plus cash?

#197 ·
Saturday, July 18th. I think around 9am to meet at the trailhead would be fine with most. The most recent trip I went on up there we met at 7am. Way too early for me :rofl: It'll take roughly 4 hrs to run the trail. The only problem is that I wasn't paying too much attention on the 2nd half of the run, so I'm not too confident in my leading ability.

Last time, I didn't air down or disconnect my front swaybar, so I lost a lot of traction and flex. There is a gas station with an air station about 20 min down the road from the finish of the trail for those of us without OBA. Swaybars are just a luxury :thumbsup: I would recommend everyone airing down and disconnecting the swaybar just to make it easier.

As for the "modding party" question, yes they do happen every great while, when someone with lots of tools and space opens their garage for all to use. (Rikrotorhead cooks some mean burgers, and has a very nice garage for modding in ;) ;) ) Keep your ears open for the possiblity of another coming up....

#198 ·
Saturday, July 18th. I think around 9am to meet at the trailhead would be fine with most. The most recent trip I went on up there we met at 7am. Way too early for me :rofl: It'll take roughly 4 hrs to run the trail. The only problem is that I wasn't paying too much attention on the 2nd half of the run, so I'm not too confident in my leading ability.

Last time, I didn't air down or disconnect my front swaybar, so I lost a lot of traction and flex. There is a gas station with an air station about 20 min down the road from the finish of the trail for those of us without OBA. Swaybars are just a luxury :thumbsup: I would recommend everyone airing down and disconnecting the swaybar just to make it easier.

As for the "modding party" question, yes they do happen every great while, when someone with lots of tools and space opens their garage for all to use. (Rikrotorhead cooks some mean burgers, and has a very nice garage for modding in ;) ;) ) Keep your ears open for the possiblity of another coming up....
I'll be there in the silver transformer jeep :thumbsup:

#201 ·
Silverwood lake... My buddy and I will stay til early Monday morning. You're welcome to come up later.

Ok, since I have a few people who are going, is there anyone who knows the trail real well in case we get (directionally challenged)??? :rofl:

#204 ·
Neither do I... :rofl: Thanks anyways. :thumbsup:

#205 ·
I have one, but it doesn't always cooperate. I will bring it anyway just in case!! I think the lake is the big thing with water on the back side? But, as for finding the trail to it....... read my signature!! See you all on Sat.:thumbsup::cheers2:

#208 ·
Absa-tively. Bring a friend :cheers2:, either cold or not :rofl: We're meeting at the Cleghorn offramp at the 15 at 9am. Be there, or catch up!! :rtft:

#209 ·
Oh yeah... I'll be monitoring CB Channel 3. My CB only goes about 1/2 mile tho, so hit me up once you're close to the offramp. See y'all there!!

*NOTE: I'm going to work for the next 3 days, so I won't be able to answer any questions. Please direct your questions to Tony (ductape1000) and he can call/text me if he doesn't know the answers. :cheers:

#214 ·
edit: how was it? i ended up installing crown molding and baseboards for 9 hours. fun day..
You guys missed out on some serious sunburn! :rofl: Tony (ductape1000) and another guy from Hesperia were the only other rigs out there besides myself. We got to take quite a few :cheers2: breaks tho! This time around I actually aired down, which helped me tremendously... shoulda done it before.
Tony gave me his old compressor that clips to the battery terminals as a birthday gift. (Thanks again bud!!) Aired up all 4 of my tires from 12 to 25 PSI in the time it took him to air up 2 :hahaha:
I don't have any pics, but I have a few vids. I'll post them up here soon as I get them spliced together into a smooth show :)

:cheers: Michael

#215 ·
Yea great time I didn't know cleghorn was that fun of a trail. The only bummer is now my jeep is leaning a little to the right. I think that has something to do with my spring settling more so then any trail damage. Maybe when it cools some we'll hit Johnson. I have never jeeped out there only rode my motorcycles. Talk to you later.

#218 ·
Didn't hear any whisperings of wheat beer. He did plan better than I did tho, his beer was in cans. Mine was in glass bottles... :fear: :nono: Luckily none broke, but they got rattled around quite a bit!
Been awful quiet around here lately... no one loves their Jeep anymore?? :laugh:

#220 ·
As I am looking to find a new home for it, the "little can" of wheat beer is in my garage waiting for me to find a new home as well!!! When we both do, there will be an invite to celebrate my new found independence!! :cheers:

#227 ·
You wont find any off road shops in OC that are actually worth shopping at. There's a small shop in Huntington Beach that I've been to a couple of times but prices are ridiculous. I always go to 4wheelparts for cheaper things like tow straps or that kind of stuff.

Keep your eye on this thread for people going on runs in the OC area. Another good site for runs is myjeeprocks.com

#228 ·
You wont find any off road shops in OC that are actually worth shopping at. There's a small shop in Huntington Beach that I've been to a couple of times but prices are ridiculous. I always go to 4wheelparts for cheaper things like tow straps or that kind of stuff.

Keep your eye on this thread for people going on runs in the OC area. Another good site for runs is myjeeprocks.com
Thanks for the info. What is the consensus on Outlaw Offroad?

#230 ·
the guys at outlaw are actually really cool people. my dad got his yukon lifted 6" and 35s there (not big gay truck status, it looks really good actually) and we still bull**** with them at every show. i forget the name of the guy, but one of them has a really nice ZJ. last time i saw it he had 40s under it. theres a couple there that actually do know jeeps, but yea mostly they do big trucks. sorry i cant be TOO helpful with them, but if you need anything you can at least talk to them about it. they were really helpful for us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.