roll call ORANGE COUNTY - Page 50 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > roll call ORANGE COUNTY

Disc Brake Kits from ECGSECGS JK Dana 60 Bolt In Rear DiffGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 05-02-2010, 02:49 PM   #736
ErikJordan
Pimp Hand

1995 YJ Wrangler 

You'll get the info you need at MJR.
Check with fishpoet.

What is all of this talk of Savvily designed products?
ErikJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2010, 03:03 PM   #737
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I called the Cajon ranger station number I was given by him and was told it's due to trail rehab and maintnence.
Unread 05-03-2010, 11:29 AM   #738
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Seems as if the closures on cleghorn will be permanent. We have a discussion going on over at MJR with a little more info.

Cleghorn trails blocked?? - MJR
Unread 05-03-2010, 11:46 AM   #739
lvum4x4

2001 WJ 

Interestingly, the trails that are blocked off are not posted closed, just blocked off and disguised quite well so unless you knew about it you would never notice the change.

I have heard speculation that it is easier to simply block it off and have people voluntarily accept the closure than to officially post it as closed. Then they can come back later and say "no one is using it" and get it closed with less hassle? Who knows? Interesting none the less.

We were pretty bummed as I have been talking about it to a friend and this last weekend was his first run. The trails they closed are some of the best sections too!

...just another day in California

Here is a great satelite pic of the trail. The first half starting from I-15 in red is now closed and the crews are working their way eastward so I would expect more by-passes to be blocked off. I do expect to see new trails get cut in and we may be back on our old lines in no time

Kevin J. Bentley

Bentley Project - Build Thread

Last edited by lvum4x4; 05-03-2010 at 04:05 PM..
lvum4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2010, 04:01 PM   #740
Mike_Motorbike
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I got this in an email from a an adopt-a-trail volunteer , who knows some of the rangers up there.

Sounds real bad . Any body hear anything on this?

Email reads vvvvvvv
FYI
As you may know, some of the unauthorized routes (bypasses) on Cleghorn have been blocked and slashed with brush. Some of the bypasses that are not blocked will become legal, designated, numbered roads.

This effort is part of the SBNF travel management decision. All of the closures should reflect the final SBNF Motor Vehicle Use Map. The contract restoration crews and equipment are starting this project on the west side of the main divide (I-15) and working east. Finishing east of Big Bear.

The crews are in the Lake Arrowhead area this week. The Contractor is working quickly and efficiently.

If you have any concerns or comments about this project or need any specifics, please contact me.

Hopefully, you were able to attend any of our Travel Management Open House meetings and comment on these projects over the past five years.

And this one.

Email reads vvvvvv
FYI.

Some changes to the 50" OHV trails located north of Lake Arrowhead will be made this week.

These projects are a result of the San Bernardino National Forest Travel Management Plan Decision.

At North Shore Work Center, the Administrative trail leading from North Shore Campground Road to 3W12 (now 3W65) is going to be rerouted.

The new Administrative Trail will leave the Work Center and travel east past the sea crates directly out to 2N25. This will allow Volunteer and Staff green sticker access to the forest.

The southeast sections of 3W12 (now 3W65) and 3W13 will be decommissioned by chunking and mounding. There will be boulder barricades placed at the intersections with 2N28Y.

The section of 3W12 (now 3W65) from 2N28Y to 2N75 will be decommissioned and barricaded with boulders.

Looking at the northern sections of 3W12 (now 3W65) and 3W13 there will be two reroutes completed this week.

For 3W13, the reroute will occur above the last pitch of 3W13 that drops onto 3N34 at Willow Creek. This small section (steep hillclimb) will be decommissioned and barricaded. The 3W13 reroute will travel east directly onto 3N34.

The northern intersection of 3W12 (now 3W65) at 3N34 will be decommissioned and ~1/2 of 3W12 will be decommissioned heading west from said intersection. The reroute will connect 3W65 with 3N34.

Sometime in August 2010, the section of 3W12 (by now you should know is 3W65) from 2N75 WNW to 3N31.1 (Old Sewer Pond Road) will be decommissioned. The reroute will start near 3N31.1 and will travel NNE connecting with 3W13.
Unread 05-03-2010, 04:41 PM   #741
TJdualsport
2002 TJ Wrangler 

i had a feeling. so if they can discreatly put up blockades, can we discreatly take them down.......
TJdualsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2010, 05:08 PM   #742
lvum4x4

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdualsport View Post
i had a feeling. so if they can discreatly put up blockades, can we discreatly take them down.......
I used to do a lot of volunteer work myself and they will usually post it as closed if it is "official". Most people will voluntarily stay off because of an "obstruction" but who knows. Unless someone makes an organized protest, we will never know who is really behind closures like this but I have seen many and none have looked like this? Hit any OHV trail and all routes are posted open or closed, never just an obstacle with no official markings. Someone spent a LOT of money trucking in boulders and re-landscaping the junctions; what a waste of funds!

We could have easily got back on the old trails but didn't know how serious it was? I give it a couple of weeks and there will be new trails cut back onto the old trails? Right or wrong...

Kevin J. Bentley

Bentley Project - Build Thread
lvum4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2010, 07:36 PM   #743
TJdualsport
2002 TJ Wrangler 

we were out on the mojave road a couple months ago. and there was alot of this out there.

they had the signs and random bushes and rocks covering the side roads...
Unread 05-11-2010, 01:59 PM   #744
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

All quiet on the western front. Anything going on?
Unread 05-11-2010, 04:17 PM   #745
ocTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah i'm looking for some experienced beer lovers this weekend to help me install a body lift rear LED Tail lights and some fresh springs on my TJ (if I still have it.... long story) how's everyone doing? Is there any ways to fight the closures? What if some mysterious unseen force moves these blockades? Is the road illegal if it is not blocked?

2002 Apex Jeep TJ Lifted, Locked, geared and ready for more
ocTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2010, 01:49 AM   #746
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Don't try to move the rocks or go over them, it will just put us all in a bad light that we don't need.

But on another note, I love me some good beer! What springs did you go with? Is it a full kit? I'd help out but I think I'm working this weekend... After you get it done let's go test it out!
Unread 05-12-2010, 09:17 AM   #747
TJdualsport
2002 TJ Wrangler 

im plasma cutting all the gussets and trussing today. hopefully have it all welded up by friday night and installed saturday..... hopefully
Unread 05-12-2010, 11:55 AM   #748
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Then you're ready to rock again?
Unread 05-12-2010, 05:51 PM   #749
TJdualsport
2002 TJ Wrangler 

then i gotta gut the rear, relocate the shocks, coil mounts and burn in the 8.8.... hahaha i should be ready june 18th just in time for PISMOOOOO!!!
Unread 05-12-2010, 06:59 PM   #750
ocTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I just went with Rough country's kit.. progressive spring rates and it gives me the lift I need and I can install the currie arms i want at a later date and it includes enough body lift to get the TT and GTS all mounted up..That would be a shame I usually put up for the good beer and in quantity!! We'll see what I actually end up getting done this weekend lol

2002 Apex Jeep TJ Lifted, Locked, geared and ready for more
ocTJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.