roll call ORANGE COUNTY - Page 275 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > roll call ORANGE COUNTY

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-14-2014, 07:26 PM   #4111
MurdaJs
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYPUFF View Post
Awesome thanks!

In case the driveshaft isn't long enough.. has anyone had any experience with OC driveline in Placentia or Powertrain in Garden Grove? I need to get my front driveshaft lengthened about 1.75".. They were both quoting me around $175 to lengthen and balance..
Sorry for the lag, but my longest ds is the same as your current one. Gonna need to lengthen it!

Unread 02-14-2014, 10:13 PM   #4112
cgcarpenter
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by neto_09
Anyone have done an outboard shocks conversion? I want to do mine but I don't have a garage or welder, I would put some cash and dinner!!!!!
Hotshot in the La county just did his a few weeks back jump over there and ask him
cgcarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2014, 01:21 AM   #4113
neto_09
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Tj

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgcarpenter View Post
Hotshot in the La county just did his a few weeks back jump over there and ask him
I will thank you
neto_09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2014, 09:59 AM   #4114
EYPUFF
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurdaJs View Post
Sorry for the lag, but my longest ds is the same as your current one. Gonna need to lengthen it!
thanks anyways.. i ended up getting a new shaft from tom woods! tried installing it this past weekend.. and broke one of the strap bolts! tried using an extractor bit to get it out.. and that too broke inside the bolt..

sooo i headed over to unitrax yesterday to pick up a new u-bolt style yoke and nut and swapped everything out.. his advice on the install was.. make it tight.. but not too tight. i think i did it right since i've driven 50 miles on it so far and everything seems like it is working.. time for a drink..

Green Jeep Club Member # 32
EYPUFF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2014, 10:01 AM   #4115
TJdualsport
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Unitrax is good peeps!
Unread 02-18-2014, 10:09 AM   #4116
EYPUFF
1995 ZJ 

yea.. they cross checked and double checked everything for me in their ginormous set of books just to make sure i had the right parts. def. recommend them.. and their prices are competitive too!

Unread 02-18-2014, 10:32 AM   #4117
MurdaJs
1996 ZJ 

The pinion yoke? I think for a dana 30, because it uses a crush collar, youre supposed to go through a specific torque process, not just "it feels good", or it wont last very long.

Does unitrax lengthen driveshafts?
Unread 02-18-2014, 10:46 AM   #4118
EYPUFF
1995 ZJ 

yea i know you're supposed to use an inch/lb torque wrench and feel the rotational resistance of the yoke.. but to be honest.. i was too fed up with working on the jeep that i didn't really care. haha. i read somewhere on the forum that 180 ft/lb was close enough.. so that was my benchmark. as i torqued towards that number i saw the mark i put when i removed the old yoke and they seemed to match up pretty close.

not sure if unitrax does lengthening but i know they're a driveline shop so i'm assuming they would?

Unread 02-18-2014, 07:44 PM   #4119
TJdualsport
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Unitrax does driveshaft work but I'd recommend OC driveline for driveshaft work.
Unread 02-18-2014, 07:46 PM   #4120
MurdaJs
1996 ZJ 

Thanks kevin. Any luck with coilover springs?
Unread 02-18-2014, 08:29 PM   #4121
TJdualsport
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Havnt even had time to look. Lol
Unread 02-18-2014, 09:33 PM   #4122
MurdaJs
1996 ZJ 

Same here, lol. I did get my j joints and bungs though. Gotta get some 2x2 .250 square and 1.75 .120 DOM, some plate, and a welder still so the coils will have to wait lol
Unread 02-19-2014, 02:43 AM   #4123
TJdualsport
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Lol. Check out schore metals by my shop. They usually have a good selection of scrap/remnants for tubing round or square.
Unread 02-19-2014, 11:19 AM   #4124
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdualsport
Lol. Check out schore metals by my shop. They usually have a good selection of scrap/remnants for tubing round or square.
I second that, every time I need something for a small project they've had it and a friend who has been welding for over a decade has me grab a lot of pieces from scrap all the time. The prices are fantastic too!

/End Transmission
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2014, 01:01 PM   #4125
MurdaJs
1996 ZJ 

Ive been pretty loyal to IMS but ill give schore a visit. Thanks guys.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.