roll call ORANGE COUNTY - Page 273 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > roll call ORANGE COUNTY

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Un

Unread 12-21-2013, 01:25 PM   #4081
Delta347
T-Rex Bait

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet88 View Post
Why don't you get one of those harbor freight ones they are cheap
All of theirs lack walls and have questionable construction/quality in my opinion and the other engineer's opinion whom I would be buying it with. We were also hoping to pay the same or less for something used, stronger, and with a few more reinforcements...I'd rather not spend 300$ on a trailer then have to go buy the metal needed to reinforce it and to build walls and a floor for it. Most importantly...we don't want to have to assemble it...which is required by the harbor freight and not always when buying used.

Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2013, 12:00 AM   #4082
EYPUFF
1995 ZJ 

so for the past couple of days i've been working the jeep.. trying to swap out the broken front axle w/ the donor.. and ran into a bunch of problems..
first being.. my donor axle didn't have abs.. so i had to swap over the steering knuckles and shafts.. next.. the lower control arms didn't fit.. so i had to swap those over..

and now.. my next problem is.. my driveshaft is too short.. any recommendations for any driveshaft shops? and anyone know what a ballpark figure is to get it lengthened?
any info would be much appreciated.. thanks!

Green Jeep Club Member # 32
EYPUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2013, 12:31 PM   #4083
MurdaJs
1996 ZJ 

Cost me $100 to get it shortened and balanced. Seems to be the average price. Measure what length you need, i might have a spare
Unread 12-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #4084
Delta347
T-Rex Bait

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurdaJs
Cost me $100 to get it shortened and balanced. Seems to be the average price. Measure what length you need, i might have a spare
Yeah cost me 100$ as well to get a XJ front shaft shortened to use for my YJ in the rear. I imagine the lengthening process would be up to $200 worst case maybe? Just a matter of finding a shop willing to do it.

/End Transmission
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Unread 12-31-2013, 01:17 AM   #4085
EYPUFF
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurdaJs View Post
once i get everything finished up.. i'll whip out the tape measure and let you know.. guy at parts store said i should also look into a SYE as an alternative..

Unread 12-31-2013, 08:45 AM   #4086
MurdaJs
1996 ZJ 

Wait are you talking abou the front driveshaft or rear?
Unread 12-31-2013, 09:16 AM   #4087
EYPUFF
1995 ZJ 

front drive shaft..

edit: just realized that the SYE is used to alleviate problems in the rear.. the parts guy is an idiot.. and so am i..

Unread 12-31-2013, 10:25 AM   #4088
MurdaJs
1996 ZJ 

Haha thats why i work on my own jeep. Amazing what "mechanics" will tell you.
Unread 01-09-2014, 11:06 PM   #4089
Delta347
T-Rex Bait

1990 YJ Wrangler 

First post of the new year, woot woot.

I don't suppose anyone has a spare broken Jeep YJ or XJ computer laying around? (ZJ might even work). I've decided rather than throwing out my old YJ computer that I might as well extract the harness connector from the PCB of the broken one to replace the broken connector on my working, old PCB.
Unread 01-16-2014, 01:18 PM   #4090
MurdaJs
1996 ZJ 

Theres a 79 ford dana 44 front at ecology in santa fe springs
Unread 01-16-2014, 02:13 PM   #4091
TJdualsport
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Bronco or fullsize
Unread 01-16-2014, 04:14 PM   #4092
MurdaJs
1996 ZJ 

F250, and the leaf perches are welded on

The rear is also still there
Unread 01-19-2014, 10:19 PM   #4093
TJdualsport
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Heads up my front fox shocks are for sale and so are a set of 12" big shaft 2.0 resis. Great shape on all Wayne at all tech just tuned and went through them. Pm me if your interested. My fronts are made to mount on stock locations and the 12" fox's are the standard mounts. Good for a rear outboard setup
Unread 01-20-2014, 07:28 PM   #4094
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post
First post of the new year, woot woot.

I don't suppose anyone has a spare broken Jeep YJ or XJ computer laying around? (ZJ might even work). I've decided rather than throwing out my old YJ computer that I might as well extract the harness connector from the PCB of the broken one to replace the broken connector on my working, old PCB.
Whats Delta347 stand for?

D Co., 3rd BN 47th Infantry? Warriors?
PhantomWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2014, 05:04 PM   #4095
MurdaJs
1996 ZJ 

Anyone heard of the sea turtles in san gabriel river? I saw a couple of them on sunday, pretty amazing

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.