roll call ORANGE COUNTY - Page 269 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > roll call ORANGE COUNTY

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 10-26-2013, 07:41 PM   #4021
MurdaJs
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBMgreg View Post
Anybody got a set of factory tj lower control arms laying around? I've got some serious popping going on in the rear when turning, track bar is solid, I removed the sway bar, and it still happens. My rear lowers are still original, and they look rough so I'm betting that's the culprit.

I am not in a position to buy quality aftermarket right now so if somebody wants to trade stock left overs for beer etc let me know
I have about 6 stock CA bushings from autozone somewhere in my garage. Never used, autozone specials. Im not sure of which bushings they are but they part number is on the box. If youre interested i can dig em up.

You may be able to test your bushings a bit by standing outside the jeep and rocking the body. Stand about where the rear wheel is, plant your feet and get that jeep a rockin. If you can replicate the sound have a buddy rock the jeep while you crawl around isolating the sound. It may not be the ca bushings, then i wont have to tear up my garage

Unread 10-26-2013, 09:21 PM   #4022
NBMgreg
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurdaJs

I have about 6 stock CA bushings from autozone somewhere in my garage. Never used, autozone specials. Im not sure of which bushings they are but they part number is on the box. If youre interested i can dig em up.

You may be able to test your bushings a bit by standing outside the jeep and rocking the body. Stand about where the rear wheel is, plant your feet and get that jeep a rockin. If you can replicate the sound have a buddy rock the jeep while you crawl around isolating the sound. It may not be the ca bushings, then i wont have to tear up my garage
It has to be the lowers. The uppers are fairly new aftermarket, and I've eliminated everything else. The bushings (from what I can see without removing) are terrible, I was pulling pieces of rubber off.

How much were those bushings? Didn't know they sold those alone, I imagine they're a pain in the *** to change out though? Mainly just looking for a quick fix until I'm in a position to finish off my aftermarket arms. I have somebody from the LA thread that has some used arms that may be in better shape than mine.. But I'll keep you in mind. Thanks man
NBMgreg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2013, 08:07 PM   #4023
kachink
1998 ZJ 

The PIA one, in the front anyway, is the upper one where the bushing is installed on the axle, not on the arm. If the bushings come off with the arm, they're not hard to change when they're out of the vehicle. I've never done rears, so I'm not sure if they're set up the same way or not.
kachink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 02:34 AM   #4024
MurdaJs
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
It has to be the lowers. The uppers are fairly new aftermarket, and I've eliminated everything else. The bushings (from what I can see without removing) are terrible, I was pulling pieces of rubber off.

How much were those bushings? Didn't know they sold those alone, I imagine they're a pain in the *** to change out though? Mainly just looking for a quick fix until I'm in a position to finish off my aftermarket arms. I have somebody from the LA thread that has some used arms that may be in better shape than mine.. But I'll keep you in mind. Thanks man
Sorry for laggin. The bushings werent much, like 7 bucks a pop or somethin. Replacing them is very doable, just make sure to take care when removing the old bushings that you dont mangle the CA. The lowers are the easiest, as said above the front upper is the only real pita.

Just a thought after re reading your post, if you havent already, check all the ca bolts, and tracbar, especially the ones you have already replaced. I **** a brick when my fromt ca started clunking, i was about to throw my brand new johnnys through geralds window. Luckily i noticed it was just a loose body side bolt..
Unread 11-06-2013, 02:05 AM   #4025
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I think I hear crickets chirping its been so quiet in this thread.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #4026
DoctorTim
1996 XJ Cherokee 

not sure why but i drifted away from JF for a while... how is everyone?

I stumbled upon this awesome deal going on at home depot right now for cordless milwaukee stuff. if you buy their drill/impact-driver kit you get a cordless grinder for free. And i decided to get an impact wrench too so the rep gave me 50 bucks off! It all turned out to be 150 bucks cheaper than buying this stuff online from northerntool or similar retailers. you can get the regular models for super cheap, but i spent all my savings for the brushless models. This deal lasts until christmas.

96 XJ, geared, 8.8, 5", 33s, dash
DoctorTim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2013, 01:08 AM   #4027
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorTim
not sure why but i drifted away from JF for a while... how is everyone? I stumbled upon this awesome deal going on at home depot right now for cordless milwaukee stuff. if you buy their drill/impact-driver kit you get a cordless grinder for free. And i decided to get an impact wrench too so the rep gave me 50 bucks off! It all turned out to be 150 bucks cheaper than buying this stuff online from northerntool or similar retailers. you can get the regular models for super cheap, but i spent all my savings for the brushless models. This deal lasts until christmas.
That's a sexy deal right there! Wish I had the money to drop on those tools!

I just got back today from a 3 day trip to the North East Mining District in Joshua Tree. Explored a mine, traversed some tricky trails that kept me in 4L and 1st gear and made me depend on the thumb throttle for a good portion. Lost all oil pressure and ran at 230F going up a steep grade. Gonna need to figure out why my oil pressure suddenly sucks and invest in a aluminum 3-core radiator while I'm at it!

/End Transmission
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Unread 11-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #4028
NBMgreg
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have a set of rear 6" flat flares made by xenon, that are just taking up room. Installed them once, then decided I wanted the stock ones back on. They fit any TJ or LJ, maybe even yj's. if anybody wants them I'd let them go super cheap.
NBMgreg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2013, 11:33 PM   #4029
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I have a set of rear 6" flat flares made by xenon, that are just taking up room. Installed them once, then decided I wanted the stock ones back on. They fit any TJ or LJ, maybe even yj's. if anybody wants them I'd let them go super cheap.
Gonna PM Ya.
Unread 11-19-2013, 11:47 PM   #4030
DoctorTim
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I'm afraid I beat you to it.

Unread 11-20-2013, 03:14 AM   #4031
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorTim View Post
I'm afraid I beat you to it.
Just means I have to be illegal for awhile longer until I can afford the bushwackers.
Unread 11-20-2013, 01:07 PM   #4032
DoctorTim
1996 XJ Cherokee 

nah man you can have em. Id rather get a complete set..

Unread 11-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #4033
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorTim View Post
nah man you can have em. Id rather get a complete set..
Well he said someone took em anyways :-P But no worries was telling my buddy at the lab about it and he was like "Here you can have 150$ to cover the difference until that guy pays you for your old tires, then you can pay me back, I just sold some old coat I found in the attic so I don't need the money."

Ordered my bushwackers yesterday night!
Unread 11-22-2013, 07:02 PM   #4034
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

My buddy has a ZJ with the V8 and a brand new transmission in it that passes smog with flying colors. Only issues are RMS leak, radiator cap leak, and water pump gasket leak. 230,000 miles.

He was going to clunker it or scrap it but I said to let me try to find someone interested who might want to part it out or build on it.

$1,000~ maybe OBO.

/End Transmission
Unread 11-22-2013, 07:18 PM   #4035
Ricochet88
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347
My buddy has a ZJ with the V8 and a brand new transmission in it that passes smog with flying colors. Only issues are RMS leak, radiator cap leak, and water pump gasket leak. 230,000 miles. He was going to clunker it or scrap it but I said to let me try to find someone interested who might want to part it out or build on it. $1,000~ maybe OBO. /End Transmission
What year and model?

R.I.P. TROY EDWARDS "bigbluezj94"
Ricochet88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.