post #3931 of Old 09-02-2013, 08:54 PM
dontstandinfire
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 11
Took the JK out to the dirt roads between lake silverwood and arrowhead.

It was a great day and officially broke my "off-roading cherry". I backed up into a rock and it scratched my front differential casing but all is fine.

My buddy's Jeep Cherokee is in need of minor repairs. He broke a seal on the back shock.

dontstandinfire is offline  
post #3932 of Old 09-02-2013, 08:58 PM
Williker
Registered User
2006 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Warwick
Posts: 6
I'm from the original Orange County.
Williker is offline  
post #3933 of Old 09-02-2013, 09:59 PM
cgcarpenter
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: west covina
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontstandinfire
Took the JK out to the dirt roads between lake silverwood and arrowhead.

It was a great day and officially broke my "off-roading cherry". I backed up into a rock and it scratched my front differential casing but all is fine.

My buddy's Jeep Cherokee is in need of minor repairs. He broke a seal on the back shock.
Cleghorn rd is right over there and a very fun trial from easy to difficult paths. One of my favorites. Google that next time definitely a fun ride.
cgcarpenter is offline  
post #3934 of Old 09-03-2013, 12:05 PM
Delta347
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 1,589
Anyone have a transmission jack or transmission adaptor plate for a hydraulic jack?

Mechanic agrees either I blew a clutch disc spring or teeth broke off the pressure plate diaphragm....so I need to pull back the transmission and take a peek at the clutch assembly.

/End Transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leans93 View Post
So ghost has a plug in his hole and opihi has a gaping hole, Do I need to worry about this hole at all? I just don't want to start her up and have something spewing out of it.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline  
post #3935 of Old 09-03-2013, 12:21 PM
LittleBluE
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 1,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post
Anyone have a transmission jack or transmission adaptor plate for a hydraulic jack?

Mechanic agrees either I blew a clutch disc spring or teeth broke off the pressure plate diaphragm....so I need to pull back the transmission and take a peek at the clutch assembly.

/End Transmission
You might be able to rent one from autozone, I can't remember if I got mine there when I did my clutch or not.
LittleBluE is offline  
post #3936 of Old 09-03-2013, 05:44 PM
chevyblazer5150
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Garden grove
Posts: 138
I'm moving to 33's but kinda wanted to wait till I found a set before selling mine to keep my options open. I've got 6 32x11.5x15 maxxis buckshot mudders on 15" alum wheels. I'm currently selling my 35's and looking for 33's so I was trying to keep my options open till I find a set. If your interested in them maybe we can work something out though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post
Ok guys, I have 4 of 5 rims now for my return to 15" wheels. 5th one is an hour drive away but its mine.

I'm looking for 32" on 15" rubbers. I have one in bad shape that will suffice as a spare. So Im looking for at least 4 with 50%+ life.

I have 5 rubicon TJ 16" rims available with only minor scrapes to 4 and 1 has a bad scab from a axle shaft snapping on a trail (only cosmetic damage). For sale or trade.

I also have 1x 245/75r16 brand new spare and 4x 265/75R16 for sale or trade.

Now I can't trade/sell any of my current rims/rubber without getting the new rubber bought/mounted same day or over a period of days. Since I don't have a way to safely leave my jeep suspended without rims or wheels :P

PM if interested!

/End Transmission

1995 Grand Cherokee Laredo, V8, 242 T-case swap, custom driveshafts, bumpers/rock sliders, X20 8000# winch, Rough country long arm kit w/5.5" rustys springs, full Detroit rear locker, HP D30/trutrack, 4:11 gears 32x11.5x15 Maxxis MT's
chevyblazer5150 is offline  
post #3937 of Old 09-03-2013, 07:58 PM
Delta347
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 1,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyblazer5150
I'm moving to 33's but kinda wanted to wait till I found a set before selling mine to keep my options open. I've got 6 32x11.5x15 maxxis buckshot mudders on 15" alum wheels. I'm currently selling my 35's and looking for 33's so I was trying to keep my options open till I find a set. If your interested in them maybe we can work something out though.
Ill send ya a PM, I don't need 6, but if you need them all gone that's always doable. Almost anything beats buying the BFGs id want at full price though. I just need something I can take on the trail and take on the highway to slap on my 15s.

/End Transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leans93 View Post
So ghost has a plug in his hole and opihi has a gaping hole, Do I need to worry about this hole at all? I just don't want to start her up and have something spewing out of it.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline  
post #3938 of Old 09-07-2013, 06:57 PM
chevyblazer5150
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Garden grove
Posts: 138
Finally finished my long arm so my rubicon express super flex arms are up for grabs. $200 with the swaybar quick disco's. they have energy suspension poly bushings installed in them as well. You can see from the one in the picture that I actually took the time to wipe off that they still clean up pretty nice. All scratches are superficial. No dents or anything that would affect the strength.


1995 Grand Cherokee Laredo, V8, 242 T-case swap, custom driveshafts, bumpers/rock sliders, X20 8000# winch, Rough country long arm kit w/5.5" rustys springs, full Detroit rear locker, HP D30/trutrack, 4:11 gears 32x11.5x15 Maxxis MT's
chevyblazer5150 is offline  
post #3939 of Old 09-07-2013, 09:44 PM
cgcarpenter
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: west covina
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyblazer5150
Finally finished my long arm so my rubicon express super flex arms are up for grabs. $200 with the swaybar quick disco's. they have energy suspension poly bushings installed in them as well. You can see from the one in the picture that I actually took the time to wipe off that they still clean up pretty nice. All scratches are superficial. No dents or anything that would affect the strength.
Would you sell just the rears?
cgcarpenter is offline  
post #3940 of Old 09-07-2013, 10:09 PM
Ricochet88
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 2,353
Sweet what long arms did you get?

Rick "woody"
93 zj wagoneer pkg, 5in iro lift, 33/10.5/15 bfgoodrich km2
my build thread PROJECT WOODY

R.I.P. TROY EDWARDS "bigbluezj94"
Ricochet88 is offline  
post #3941 of Old 09-07-2013, 10:20 PM
TJdualsport
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: OC
Posts: 2,877
How much for front uppers????

my dual sport build http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-bumptastic-947070/
TJdualsport is offline  
post #3942 of Old 09-07-2013, 10:37 PM
cgcarpenter
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: west covina
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdualsport
How much for front uppers????
Me and TJ will split the arms lol
cgcarpenter is offline  
post #3943 of Old 09-07-2013, 10:44 PM
TJdualsport
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: OC
Posts: 2,877
I need uppers for my dads Cherokee.

my dual sport build http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-bumptastic-947070/
TJdualsport is offline  
post #3944 of Old 09-07-2013, 11:33 PM
chevyblazer5150
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Garden grove
Posts: 138
I went with the rough country cause it was bolt on. But it didn't wind up being very bolt on. Lol.

If you Guys want to split them up, knock yourselves out but I'm looking to unload them all together.

1995 Grand Cherokee Laredo, V8, 242 T-case swap, custom driveshafts, bumpers/rock sliders, X20 8000# winch, Rough country long arm kit w/5.5" rustys springs, full Detroit rear locker, HP D30/trutrack, 4:11 gears 32x11.5x15 Maxxis MT's
chevyblazer5150 is offline  
post #3945 of Old 09-08-2013, 08:13 AM
TJdualsport
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: OC
Posts: 2,877
$$??!

my dual sport build http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-bumptastic-947070/
TJdualsport is offline  
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Orange County, CA ocTJ California Jeep Forum 7 12-24-2009 05:35 PM
looking for jeepers out in southern orange county, CA Fatsooo California Jeep Forum 2 11-18-2009 06:25 PM
Orange County Mountain Climb: Sat Aug 8, 2009 SantaAnaSlim California Jeep Forum 0 08-07-2009 07:05 PM
New YJ owner reaching out to orange county yj owners yellowdogsyj California Jeep Forum 4 01-19-2009 09:13 AM
Anyone in Orange County, CA? thebeast64 California Jeep Forum 3 12-09-2008 02:55 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome