roll call ORANGE COUNTY - Page 25 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > roll call ORANGE COUNTY

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-11-2009, 10:34 PM   #361
TJdualsport
2002 TJ Wrangler 

my wife is the same way... i leave her behind on the off camber stuff

TJdualsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2009, 04:05 PM   #362
MurdaJs
1996 ZJ 

I cant wait to get off work... another hour and a half

I think Im going to have to hit some dirt tonight thinkin holy jims or maybe run up silverado..

If anyone wants to cruise, post or shoot me a PM
MurdaJs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2009, 08:55 PM   #363
dcope17
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I would have gone but it's already 8:00 so I'm guessing I missed ya.

Life with Christ can be explained like a Jeep...
Being in the Word... grows your tire size.
Prayer... gains more ground clearance.
Fellowship... Is like having a good spotter.

The more of these you have... the easier it is to get over obstacles in your path.
.[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f194/dcope17s-thoughts-bible-please-read-only-do-not-post-1333441/#post13115090"]My Bible Thread[/URL]
dcope17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2009, 01:47 AM   #364
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

is holy jims trail all that great? i hear about it a bunch, but all i've seen on youtube is a dirt road with some muddy spots. whats that trail all about?
Unread 11-14-2009, 09:25 PM   #365
MurdaJs
1996 ZJ 

Last night I ended up going up to the top of saddleback. Had a blast with my buddies who came along for the ride and even managed to get a little turned around
It started out interesting right when I got inside the gate. So I get stop and get out to disconnect my sway bar with my nifty homemade discos, and when I am in the process of getting the first side disconnected I see a car (a civic to be exact) coming head on towards me, slowly and pretty close. I figure it is a good samaritan asking if i needed any help. Well the car starts drifting closer, so close i thought he was going to actually hit my jeep, I yell Hey watch out and he swerves and keeps going slowly past and out the gate.
So me and my buddies are like WTF. I see a couple more headlights coming from up the road and I could tell it was a XJ, nicely setup I might add. The first thing the dude driving says as he pulls up next to me is "did you see that car?" Im like "yeah is he wasted or what?" The dude in the back seat says "Nah, hes high as hell" lol. So it turns out they found the tweaker at the top of saddleback mountain stuck in his civic. So they pulled him out. So tweaker decides he is going to drive back down the hill. The XJ follows to watch him. Tweaker drives so fast that the XJ can barely keep up and cracks his oil pan and leaks oil 1/3 down the hill. He continues driving down the hill to the bottom, where he almost runs head on to me as im parked.
The road isnt that rough, but to go to the top in a civic must have been a helluva bumpy ride
I was lucky he left that oil drip trail down the road though, because when I was going back down the mountain I took the wrong rode. After about half a mile i realized there was no oil trail so I turned around and found the right rode. No telling how far I would have gone had I not noticed because the road sure looked the same to me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcope17 View Post
I would have gone but it's already 8:00 so I'm guessing I missed ya.
My friend lagged so i ended up not getting going until around 7. It was a last minute thing but im pretty much always down for a run. Ill post next time im goin too (which will most likely be soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin4lo View Post
is holy jims trail all that great? i hear about it a bunch, but all i've seen on youtube is a dirt road with some muddy spots. whats that trail all about?
What I, and everyone else I know, refer to as Holy Jims is actually Trabuco Creek Road. Its nothin special, just the closest thing around. In the beginning there is a fun little area with some ruts and stuff to flex on. Theres also a pretty deep mud hole and a gnarly hill that goes to no-where. I always drive up to it, then back down Next time im up there im going to walk up and see where it really goes.
After that first area there is a rutted hill thats fun to mess on, especially when theres a lil mud in the equation

Other than that it pretty much is just a dirt road with some muddy spots.

They stock rainbows when theres enough water in the creek though (big plus for me)
MurdaJs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2009, 12:53 PM   #366
dcope17
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone up for hitting a trail this weekend? Somewhere within 2 hours of here. Maybe Big Bear or something.

I just bought a book showing a lot of socal's trails. I want to start going through them.

Preferably Sat.

The more of these you have... the easier it is to get over obstacles in your path.
.[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f194/dcope17s-thoughts-bible-please-read-only-do-not-post-1333441/#post13115090"]My Bible Thread[/URL]

Last edited by dcope17; 11-17-2009 at 01:26 PM..
Unread 11-18-2009, 06:22 PM   #367
dcope17
2006 TJ Wrangler 

No one wants to go play? I thought this was a Jeep forum. I don't know about you guys but I didn't buy my Jeep cause if its cornering ability, or it's 0-60 time. I bought it to go places most people can't.

Unread 11-18-2009, 06:46 PM   #368
spdnjoe
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I would, but already have plans with family. Usually I try to post trips about a week in advance like I did for the Cleghorn run and you get a much better turn out. It's hard at least for me on such short notice, this close to the holidays.
I will definately be up for a run soon though.

Where in So Cal are you dcope17 ?
spdnjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2009, 10:21 PM   #369
dcope17
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Dana Point.

Yea, I know it's short notice. I'm just trying to encourage. ( really, twist an arm)
I'm just new and excited... that's all.

Unread 11-18-2009, 10:49 PM   #370
TJdualsport
2002 TJ Wrangler 

gonna be in asuza on sunday come on out. about 5 or 6 of us going
TJdualsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2009, 11:25 AM   #371
xjdude42
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Going up to Santiago today via Ortega > Main Divide > Silverado. Ill be in my blue XJ if anybody else is going to be up there.

edit:

Last edited by xjdude42; 11-24-2009 at 05:59 PM..
xjdude42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2009, 08:22 PM   #372
spdnjoe
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hey guys, I'm thinking of doing the Ortega to Satiago Canyon this Sunday. Anyone up for it. I'm thinking of starting out around 7-8am. Anyone up for it ?
Unread 11-27-2009, 04:11 PM   #373
Ryan949
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Ryan here, havent been on JF in ages but here I am
Ryan949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2009, 06:44 PM   #374
Dwatts5250
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdnjoe View Post
Hey guys, I'm thinking of doing the Ortega to Satiago Canyon this Sunday. Anyone up for it. I'm thinking of starting out around 7-8am. Anyone up for it ?
Is the fire out there out...off the 241??
"A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of up to and including my life. That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it."
Dwatts5250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2009, 10:36 PM   #375
spdnjoe
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I believe it is. I'll call the fire station tomorrow morning

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.