roll call ORANGE COUNTY - Page 244 - JeepForum.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3646 of 4591 Old 05-10-2013, 03:08 PM
LittleBluE
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 1,306
Im game for whatever. How's everything at the shop kevin?

LittleBluE is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3647 of 4591 Old 05-10-2013, 03:58 PM
MurdaJs
Web Wheeler
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tustin
Posts: 3,294
Id go but im jeepless :/
MurdaJs is offline  
post #3648 of 4591 Old 05-10-2013, 05:22 PM
TJdualsport
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: OC
Posts: 2,878
Things are good and busy, Finishing up a bumper and bumpstop setup on a long travel chebby. Also the built diesel ram is back. We need to fix his rear bump setup we screwed up on. We built his bump pads too tall. Even after hours of measuring and cutting and welding.....lol. **** happens.



But man she's sexy as hell

my dual sport build http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-bumptastic-947070/
TJdualsport is offline  
post #3649 of 4591 Old 05-11-2013, 10:42 AM
mJUSTINm
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Redondo Beach
Posts: 2,272
Hurry up and finish so we can do my bumper! Haha

That dodge is a beast.

-Justin
mJUSTINm is offline  
post #3650 of 4591 Old 05-11-2013, 10:55 AM
LittleBluE
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 1,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by mJUSTINm View Post
Hurry up and finish so we can do my bumper! Haha

That dodge is a beast.
And so we can outboard me
LittleBluE is offline  
post #3651 of 4591 Old 05-15-2013, 06:41 PM
Delta347
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 1,589
Howdy All!

Names Aristotle, Ari for short. I've been a member on the forum for awhile and know a ton of the San Diego guys from living down there. Moved to Anaheim 9 months ago to continue my school and move in with my fiancee. Just got my Jeep back to running condition after 18 months of slowly rebuilding and swapping in a 4.0, AX15, SYE, CV rear shaft, e-fan, yada yada. Jeep is almost ready to move from my parents in Wildomar to Anaheim and figured now was a good time to poke my head out and say hi! I'm in charge of a small 15 member (so far) group of YJs and Explorers that all share a common theme of Jurassic Park. While my Jeep does have the paint job I'm one of 2 who have no interest in screen accuracy. Now that the rig is running I've got a list of things I hope to fab (if I ever figure out how to weld or find someone who just loves welding that much) and some small modifications that have taken me off road like my locker, lift, wheels, cb, etc.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Leans93 View Post
So ghost has a plug in his hole and opihi has a gaping hole, Do I need to worry about this hole at all? I just don't want to start her up and have something spewing out of it.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline  
post #3652 of 4591 Old 05-15-2013, 08:39 PM
TJdualsport
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: OC
Posts: 2,878
Welcome to anacrime trex that yj is awesome. What kind of stuff are you looking to fab up?

So did anyone meet up????? I never saw a location set in stone. Ps I'm still hungry....

my dual sport build http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-bumptastic-947070/
TJdualsport is offline  
post #3653 of 4591 Old 05-15-2013, 09:33 PM
EYPUFF
Registered User
 
EYPUFF's Avatar
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Fullerton, CA
Posts: 192
how about next week wednesday? sonics on lemon & orangethorpe?

1995 GC 5.2 Limited V8

Green Jeep Club Member # 32
EYPUFF is offline  
post #3654 of 4591 Old 05-15-2013, 09:45 PM
Ricochet88
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 2,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347
Howdy All!

Names Aristotle, Ari for short. I've been a member on the forum for awhile and know a ton of the San Diego guys from living down there. Moved to Anaheim 9 months ago to continue my school and move in with my fiancee. Just got my Jeep back to running condition after 18 months of slowly rebuilding and swapping in a 4.0, AX15, SYE, CV rear shaft, e-fan, yada yada. Jeep is almost ready to move from my parents in Wildomar to Anaheim and figured now was a good time to poke my head out and say hi! I'm in charge of a small 15 member (so far) group of YJs and Explorers that all share a common theme of Jurassic Park. While my Jeep does have the paint job I'm one of 2 who have no interest in screen accuracy. Now that the rig is running I've got a list of things I hope to fab (if I ever figure out how to weld or find someone who just loves welding that much) and some small modifications that have taken me off road like my locker, lift, wheels, cb, etc.
I have always wanted a Jurassic park themed yj I saw an exploder yesterday that was Jurassic park anyways welcome to oc!

Rick "woody"
93 zj wagoneer pkg, 5in iro lift, 33/10.5/15 bfgoodrich km2
my build thread PROJECT WOODY

R.I.P. TROY EDWARDS "bigbluezj94"
Ricochet88 is offline  
post #3655 of 4591 Old 05-16-2013, 01:47 AM
rozco
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 669
Welcome Ari!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdualsport View Post
So did anyone meet up????? I never saw a location set in stone. Ps I'm still hungry....
Quote:
Originally Posted by EYPUFF View Post
how about next week wednesday? sonics on lemon & orangethorpe?
I totally forgot about that till I was eating my dinner. Let's do next Wednesday for sure. 6:30pm sonics in fullerton

93' ZJ - 5.2L. 4.5" IRO lift. front long arms rear short adjustables. bilsteins. daystar bumps. 33" KM2's. rancho ss. rc quick discos. flowmaster 10 series.

Build Thread
rozco is offline  
post #3656 of 4591 Old 05-16-2013, 11:48 AM
TJdualsport
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: OC
Posts: 2,878
Ill try and be there. Gotta dust off the jeep.... Haven't driven it since Death Valley trip lol

my dual sport build http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-bumptastic-947070/
TJdualsport is offline  
post #3657 of 4591 Old 05-16-2013, 02:28 PM
Delta347
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 1,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdualsport View Post
Welcome to anacrime trex that yj is awesome. What kind of stuff are you looking to fab up?

So did anyone meet up????? I never saw a location set in stone. Ps I'm still hungry....
Right now I've got a custom stubby bumper that prevents me from putting my roller leads on my winch (though 2 jammed bolts are preventing me from getting my bumper back on at all right now). I wanted to make a full width bumper, nothing too fancy. 4 tabs for lights. 3 lengths of bent tub. 2 eyelets to attach limb risers. D-ring tabs if possible and maybe a receiver welded to the bottom for utility though the D-rings and receiver could always be added later.

Thats the big one, otherwise some rocker panels on the side and a straight rear bumper and either patch or recreate a rear cross member...the custom tire carrier/swing away bumper unfortunately murdered my stock rear cross member so I had to put a stock bumper back on. In theory I could fabricate a new thicker rear x-member and reuse my custom tire carrier. Lots of stuff I'd like to do.

I'm thinking of buying bushwackers since my fenders are already cut and dented up too much to support factory front flares however I've considered fabricating some flat flares in the "wrap around" style where they would fill the roll of rocker and flare and mate with the front and rear bumpers like this confederate YJ:





I'd love to meet you guys sometime, but I work 2000-0430 the next two Wednesday nights. Come June I may have my usual Wed's off again. I'll have the Jeep out here on Tuesday the 28th if anyone wanted to meet up for a small meet & greet somewhere.

You can see more pics of the Jeep and some video/notes on my lengthy rebuild/conversion from the 4.2, TF999, etc to the new set up.
https://www.facebook.com/JurassicPark04

Would anyone be interested in some Bronco full width D44 axles (Front w/ locking hubs)? I've been looking for an 8.8 or D44 with 4:10 and preferably disc that is the right width, my mechanic offered me the D44s but they're full width and too much work for my college self to handle lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leans93 View Post
So ghost has a plug in his hole and opihi has a gaping hole, Do I need to worry about this hole at all? I just don't want to start her up and have something spewing out of it.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline  
post #3658 of 4591 Old 05-16-2013, 02:35 PM
Delta347
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 1,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet88 View Post
I have always wanted a Jurassic park themed yj I saw an exploder yesterday that was Jurassic park anyways welcome to oc!
We've got a facebook group with 15 members all owners of YJs and Explorers and some who plan to build them, if it ever becomes a serious effort I can invite you and we can tell you everything you need to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leans93 View Post
So ghost has a plug in his hole and opihi has a gaping hole, Do I need to worry about this hole at all? I just don't want to start her up and have something spewing out of it.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline  
post #3659 of 4591 Old 05-17-2013, 08:53 AM
Ricochet88
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 2,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post

We've got a facebook group with 15 members all owners of YJs and Explorers and some who plan to build them, if it ever becomes a serious effort I can invite you and we can tell you everything you need to know.
That would be awesome it won't be for awhile tho I debated painting my grand Cherokee like that when I first got it bc I hated the wood paneling lol

Rick "woody"
93 zj wagoneer pkg, 5in iro lift, 33/10.5/15 bfgoodrich km2
my build thread PROJECT WOODY

R.I.P. TROY EDWARDS "bigbluezj94"
Ricochet88 is offline  
post #3660 of 4591 Old 05-17-2013, 01:03 PM
Delta347
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 1,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet88 View Post
That would be awesome it won't be for awhile tho I debated painting my grand Cherokee like that when I first got it bc I hated the wood paneling lol
I've seen a couple ZJ's with the Explorer paint job, it's not half bad. I had a ZJ for awhile before getting my Crown Vic and I was considering making it look like an explorer. No one cares if you have the glass roof either (I've only ever seen 1 person with a plexi glass roof and it wasn't functionable).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leans93 View Post
So ghost has a plug in his hole and opihi has a gaping hole, Do I need to worry about this hole at all? I just don't want to start her up and have something spewing out of it.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Orange County, CA ocTJ California Jeep Forum 7 12-24-2009 05:35 PM
looking for jeepers out in southern orange county, CA Fatsooo California Jeep Forum 2 11-18-2009 06:25 PM
Orange County Mountain Climb: Sat Aug 8, 2009 SantaAnaSlim California Jeep Forum 0 08-07-2009 07:05 PM
New YJ owner reaching out to orange county yj owners yellowdogsyj California Jeep Forum 4 01-19-2009 09:13 AM
Anyone in Orange County, CA? thebeast64 California Jeep Forum 3 12-09-2008 02:55 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome