roll call ORANGE COUNTY - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > roll call ORANGE COUNTY

Jeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontJeep Grand Cherokee Window RegulatorComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 08-10-2009, 08:19 AM   #241
SantaAnaSlim
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Well, you guys missed an interesting adventure. We drove up the mountain and instead of going south towards the Ortega Highway, I went north towards Corona. I could see some trails that lead back down toward the orange county side, so I figured I'd be able to get back down to black star canyon. I found a trail and the gate was open, so I figured I'd be good to go. It wasn't anything difficult, but it was a long twisting road down. I get down to black star canyon only to find the lower gate locked. There was no going around it either. I had been seeing mountain bikes coming up so I figured I'd be Ok. Nope. I went back up the mountain and continued north and dumped out near the 91 in Corona. It's definitely an easy ride for any stock vehicle. I saw a guy in a honda sedan coming down. Though I can't image what his undercarriage looks like after that. It's a pretty "rough" road.

SantaAnaSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2009, 12:35 AM   #242
Ricochet88
1993 ZJ 

hey is anyone going wheeling this weekend?

R.I.P. TROY EDWARDS "bigbluezj94"
Ricochet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2009, 07:52 AM   #243
shortbussrydah
1996 XJ Cherokee 

i would love to go wheeling this weekend, i got the lift on but ive been out of the country for 10 days so once i get back its time to trim some fenders, extend a brake line, and go hit the trails. ricochet did you have anything in mind?
shortbussrydah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2009, 08:21 AM   #244
SantaAnaSlim
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricochet88 View Post
hey is anyone going wheeling this weekend?
I love JeepForum it's invaluable in terms of technical info, but I find that MyJeepRocks tends to be more about community and trail rides. I'll be running Cleghorn with a group from MJR.

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/showthread.php?p=140958#post140958
Unread 08-11-2009, 08:29 AM   #245
shortbussrydah
1996 XJ Cherokee 

ill try to make that cleghorn trip, i would go over and post there but im on too many other forums already lol.

hopefully see you there soon
Unread 08-11-2009, 08:27 PM   #246
ductape1000
Recently Flopped!!

2005 LJ Wrangler 

so many forums.... so little time!!!

Insert clever saying by someone well known here...

Under Re-construction.....
ductape1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2009, 08:42 PM   #247
SpydermanTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ductape1000 View Post
so many forums.... so little time!!!
Sheesh man... I'm only on 2 and I have a hard time keeping up. JKO always has some thread I wanna read, and this is the one I turn to for TJ advice
If I get on pirate4x4 or MyJeepRocks, I'm never gonna have any freetime!
Nightcrew #162

"i'd want a bottle of 12 year old scotch and a 24 pack of rubbers. i'll go places with a hard-on that most people wont go with a mechanized infantry batallion."
SpydermanTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2009, 09:16 PM   #248
RRCP08JK
2010 JK Wrangler 

When you (Slim) go up there again I'd be up for it. I'm off Green River in Corona. I have treked up Chase in route to Main Divide. From the Corona side there is a neat little area there called oak flats where you can have a little fun. I went up there a couple weeks ago with my dad just to get used to the off road thing. All fire road and not much of a challenge for a Jeep. We went a few miles past Beeks place, turned around and rolled back down he hill.

When you came out did you come out at Coal Canyon? There used to be an open trail up to Sierra Peak but they closed the exit and gated it off for some reason??
Unread 08-12-2009, 08:19 AM   #249
SantaAnaSlim
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I just check MJR from time to time for Trail Rides. Then I come here every day to read up on technical stuff. I like to read threads that have nothing to do with my issues to learn about stuff I might come up against. Between the two boards I think I'm covered. We live in the digital age, at least we don't have to go to meetings 5 nights a week.

Quote:
When you came out did you come out at Coal Canyon? There used to be an open trail up to Sierra Peak but they closed the exit and gated it off for some reason??
I had intended to come out at coal canyon (I looked at the sat maps on google before we left), but after I went down black star canyon and had to turn around, I was kind of frustrated. When I got to beeks place (going north) I went to the right, which, according to google, is still Black Star Canyon Road which turns into Skyline Drive and it dumps you out into a development in Corona. I should have gone left if I wanted to get to Coal Canyon, though it sounds like it would have been locked and I would have been doubled pissed. I don't see myself going up there anytime soon. It's a pretty long and boring trail. Every once in a while there's a side trail with some fun obstacles, but it's mostly just rough roads that are more annoying than anything.
Unread 08-13-2009, 01:43 PM   #250
shortbussrydah
1996 XJ Cherokee 

does anybody know a reliable shop with good prices where i could go get my front fenders trimmed? Im probably gonna do it my self but I dont trust my aim that much, but if the price is right, might as well
Unread 08-13-2009, 02:52 PM   #251
xjdude42
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Went out to Holy Jim for a little test run on my newly installed lift. Glad I did because both my front shocks flew off and I drove home on just the coils. Fun stuff . OME here I come
xjdude42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2009, 12:35 AM   #252
shortbussrydah
1996 XJ Cherokee 

How did your shocks manage to fly off?
Unread 08-14-2009, 04:32 PM   #253
shortbussrydah
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Can't make the cleghorn run this weekend, time and money issues
Unread 09-09-2009, 05:22 PM   #254
SpydermanTJ

Hello?? (echoes)
(cricket chirp)
Gosh y'all are so quiet in here!!
Nightcrew #162

"i'd want a bottle of 12 year old scotch and a 24 pack of rubbers. i'll go places with a hard-on that most people wont go with a mechanized infantry batallion."
SpydermanTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2009, 08:07 PM   #255
ductape1000
Recently Flopped!!

2005 LJ Wrangler 

well now you've gone and done it.... didn't you know that everyone agreed to not post here for 1 month?? boy i thought you were in the know!!! JK i was wondering about the echoes too, but i didn't want to be the one to break silence and get shot first! any wheelin plans??

Insert clever saying by someone well known here...

Under Re-construction.....
ductape1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.