roll call ORANGE COUNTY - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > roll call ORANGE COUNTY

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-31-2009, 03:36 PM   #226
xjdude42
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian22 View Post
What do you need?
Nothing in particular, just wonderin if there are any besides outlaw offroad.

Do you know if there is a local club/group that goes out frequently?

xjdude42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2009, 04:04 PM   #227
sebastian22
1995 YJ Wrangler 

You wont find any off road shops in OC that are actually worth shopping at. There's a small shop in Huntington Beach that I've been to a couple of times but prices are ridiculous. I always go to 4wheelparts for cheaper things like tow straps or that kind of stuff.

Keep your eye on this thread for people going on runs in the OC area. Another good site for runs is myjeeprocks.com
Unread 08-03-2009, 06:54 PM   #228
xjdude42
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian22 View Post
You wont find any off road shops in OC that are actually worth shopping at. There's a small shop in Huntington Beach that I've been to a couple of times but prices are ridiculous. I always go to 4wheelparts for cheaper things like tow straps or that kind of stuff.

Keep your eye on this thread for people going on runs in the OC area. Another good site for runs is myjeeprocks.com
Thanks for the info. What is the consensus on Outlaw Offroad?
Unread 08-04-2009, 10:42 AM   #229
SantaAnaSlim
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Yj

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjdude42 View Post
Thanks for the info. What is the consensus on Outlaw Offroad?
I suppose it all depends on what you need. It seems like outlaw offroad tends to be more about the huge lifted F350s more than actually going off road. If you're willing to wait, most stuff can be ordered online. I've bought some things at 4 wheel parts, but even they don't have a lot of "jeep" stuff. If you need work done, chances are you can do it yourself or find someone here on the board that can help you, and if you need parts you can get just about anything you need online.

I'm actually looking for something to do Saturday. I wanted to take the jeep out for a run, but I don't wanna go alone. Anyone wanna make a run to the the top of Santiago Peak?
SantaAnaSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2009, 12:14 PM   #230
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

the guys at outlaw are actually really cool people. my dad got his yukon lifted 6" and 35s there (not big gay truck status, it looks really good actually) and we still bull**** with them at every show. i forget the name of the guy, but one of them has a really nice ZJ. last time i saw it he had 40s under it. theres a couple there that actually do know jeeps, but yea mostly they do big trucks. sorry i cant be TOO helpful with them, but if you need anything you can at least talk to them about it. they were really helpful for us.
Unread 08-04-2009, 12:18 PM   #231
xjdude42
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaAnaSlim View Post
I suppose it all depends on what you need. It seems like outlaw offroad tends to be more about the huge lifted F350s more than actually going off road. If you're willing to wait, most stuff can be ordered online. I've bought some things at 4 wheel parts, but even they don't have a lot of "jeep" stuff. If you need work done, chances are you can do it yourself or find someone here on the board that can help you, and if you need parts you can get just about anything you need online.

I'm actually looking for something to do Saturday. I wanted to take the jeep out for a run, but I don't wanna go alone. Anyone wanna make a run to the the top of Santiago Peak?
I'd be down for Santiago on Saturday. Have you even been up there, whats the trail like?

JITP: Thanks for the reply.
Unread 08-04-2009, 12:41 PM   #232
SantaAnaSlim
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'd be down for Santiago on Saturday. Have you even been up there, whats the trail like?

Last time I was up there was a few years ago when I had my 73 Blazer on 36" tires. I had no problem getting up there in 2WD the whole time. It's really just a fire road. It's good to have some ground clearance because the road can get pretty rutted, but I don't think lockers or anything crazy would be needed.
Unread 08-04-2009, 05:06 PM   #233
SpydermanTJ

[QUOTE=SantaAnaSlim;7698068]I suppose it all depends on what you need. It seems like outlaw offroad tends to be more about the huge lifted F350s more than actually going off road. If you're willing to wait, most stuff can be ordered online. I've bought some things at 4 wheel parts, but even they don't have a lot of "jeep" stuff. If you need work done, chances are you can do it yourself or find someone here on the board that can help you, and if you need parts you can get just about anything you need online.
QUOTE]

If you ever need to order something from 4WP, have it sent to the Temecula store. I work in Orange every weekend, but I live in Menifee. As long as it will fit in my Jeep I wouldn't mind bringing it out for you
Nightcrew #162

"i'd want a bottle of 12 year old scotch and a 24 pack of rubbers. i'll go places with a hard-on that most people wont go with a mechanized infantry batallion."
SpydermanTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 09:44 PM   #234
sene
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Last time I was up there was a few years ago when I had my 73 Blazer on 36" tires. I had no problem getting up there in 2WD the whole time. It's really just a fire road. It's good to have some ground clearance because the road can get pretty rutted, but I don't think lockers or anything crazy would be needed.
Stock Jeep with road tires be pushing it?
sene is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2009, 09:47 AM   #235
SantaAnaSlim
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sene View Post
Stock Jeep with road tires be pushing it?
It's been a while, but I don't think it'd be an issue. They have radio antennas up there. Someone's gotta work on them, I'm pretty sure they're not using humvees to get up there. Probabaly F150s or whatever work trucks they use. Dirtopia seems to think it'd be ok: http://www.dirtopia.com/wiki/Santiago_Peak

You all have CBs? I don't expect to need them. I didn't think anyone would go with us, but it's good to have. I just have a small portable, but it's all you need to talk to the group that's all withing a couple hundred feet.

I'm thinking maybe do an early morning run before it gets too hot. There's a cool little diner on the way in, the Silverado Cafe. You could get some breakfast there and then maybe meet at the gate at the end of the road. I dunno. 9:00AM sound ok?

-Slim
Unread 08-06-2009, 10:47 PM   #236
cbmadcow
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yj

Hey people,

I'm up for a Santiago canyon Run. My nephew is visiting and would like to take him on an easy off-roading trip!!!

Quote:

I've been there twice this year, if you stick to the road even a car could make it through. And I say this because the last time I was there I passed by a brand new Lexus driving down the road (it was funny at one point they stopped to move some rocks out of the way). Also on the way out I passed a cop driving down and he was in one of those new Dodge charger cop cars.

Kevin
Unread 08-07-2009, 08:05 AM   #237
SantaAnaSlim
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmadcow View Post
I've been there twice this year, if you stick to the road even a car could make it through.
Well, there ya have it. Should be an easy ride. Hopefully it wont be too hot.

I'll be at the gate at 9:00AM. I don't know who's coming. It seems like two others. I'll wait around till 9:15 I guess. Let's say CB Channel 25? You can call me Slim.

This is my rig:
Unread 08-07-2009, 08:12 AM   #238
SantaAnaSlim
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Oh yeah, for anyone that doesn't know how to get there. Here's the google map to the Silverado Cafe. If you intend to get breakfast before you meet up. The gate is further down Silverado Canyon Rd. You just keep going straight. You'll see the gate. There's a firehouse on your right and a dead end turn around, and of course the gate.

Unread 08-07-2009, 12:28 PM   #239
xjdude42
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Oh yeah, for anyone that doesn't know how to get there. Here's the google map to the Silverado Cafe. If you intend to get breakfast before you meet up. The gate is further down Silverado Canyon Rd. You just keep going straight. You'll see the gate. There's a firehouse on your right and a dead end turn around, and of course the gate.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...7&z=13&iwloc=A
There's a possibility I might not make it out there tomorrow... I caught a pretty nasty cold...
Unread 08-07-2009, 01:53 PM   #240
SantaAnaSlim
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
There's a possibility I might not make it out there tomorrow... I caught a pretty nasty cold...
It's all good. I'd love to have some company. It's always good to not travel alone, but there's always another time. I will be at the gate at 9:00 if anyone else wants to tag along.

-Slim

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.