roll call ORANGE COUNTY - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > roll call ORANGE COUNTY

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-09-2009, 10:54 AM   #196
BCarr
1986 CJ10 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ductape1000 View Post
cleghorn is looking like the 18th. saturday. check with 98TJGuy, it was his idea.
If early enough, I might be able to make it....but got a wedding to hit later that day (guess we'll just have to take the wife's XTerra to that).

There is also a trail clean-up at Miller that day, too.

What to do? What to do?

Unread 07-10-2009, 11:15 PM   #197
SpydermanTJ

Saturday, July 18th. I think around 9am to meet at the trailhead would be fine with most. The most recent trip I went on up there we met at 7am. Way too early for me It'll take roughly 4 hrs to run the trail. The only problem is that I wasn't paying too much attention on the 2nd half of the run, so I'm not too confident in my leading ability.

Last time, I didn't air down or disconnect my front swaybar, so I lost a lot of traction and flex. There is a gas station with an air station about 20 min down the road from the finish of the trail for those of us without OBA. Swaybars are just a luxury I would recommend everyone airing down and disconnecting the swaybar just to make it easier.

As for the "modding party" question, yes they do happen every great while, when someone with lots of tools and space opens their garage for all to use. (Rikrotorhead cooks some mean burgers, and has a very nice garage for modding in ) Keep your ears open for the possiblity of another coming up....
Nightcrew #162

"i'd want a bottle of 12 year old scotch and a 24 pack of rubbers. i'll go places with a hard-on that most people wont go with a mechanized infantry batallion."
SpydermanTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2009, 08:26 AM   #198
blackcat471
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98TJGuy View Post
Saturday, July 18th. I think around 9am to meet at the trailhead would be fine with most. The most recent trip I went on up there we met at 7am. Way too early for me It'll take roughly 4 hrs to run the trail. The only problem is that I wasn't paying too much attention on the 2nd half of the run, so I'm not too confident in my leading ability.

Last time, I didn't air down or disconnect my front swaybar, so I lost a lot of traction and flex. There is a gas station with an air station about 20 min down the road from the finish of the trail for those of us without OBA. Swaybars are just a luxury I would recommend everyone airing down and disconnecting the swaybar just to make it easier.

As for the "modding party" question, yes they do happen every great while, when someone with lots of tools and space opens their garage for all to use. (Rikrotorhead cooks some mean burgers, and has a very nice garage for modding in ) Keep your ears open for the possiblity of another coming up....
I'll be there in the silver transformer jeep
blackcat471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2009, 09:36 AM   #199
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

well, i was going to go, but something came up (again!) have fun everyone.
Unread 07-13-2009, 10:40 AM   #200
shortbussrydah
1996 XJ Cherokee 

i know some of you guys are going to stay the night at silverado lake, what day are you comming back?

im finally getting the lift on and i might not finish by saturday
shortbussrydah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2009, 12:58 PM   #201
SpydermanTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbussrydah View Post
i know some of you guys are going to stay the night at silverado lake, what day are you comming back?

im finally getting the lift on and i might not finish by saturday
Silverwood lake... My buddy and I will stay til early Monday morning. You're welcome to come up later.

Ok, since I have a few people who are going, is there anyone who knows the trail real well in case we get (directionally challenged)???
Nightcrew #162

"i'd want a bottle of 12 year old scotch and a 24 pack of rubbers. i'll go places with a hard-on that most people wont go with a mechanized infantry batallion."
Unread 07-13-2009, 08:35 PM   #202
blackcat471
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I've done the trail once on a motorcycle and I couldn't find my way to the lake. I'll try finding a map online.
Unread 07-13-2009, 09:06 PM   #203
blackcat471
2003 TJ Wrangler 

This is the one that I found it's not the greatest but it does have waypoints marked so you can find your way with the GPS. I don't have a GPS however.

http://www.ohvguide.com/maps/cleghorngps.htm
Unread 07-13-2009, 11:28 PM   #204
SpydermanTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat471 View Post
This is the one that I found it's not the greatest but it does have waypoints marked so you can find your way with the GPS. I don't have a GPS however.

http://www.ohvguide.com/maps/cleghorngps.htm
Neither do I... Thanks anyways.
Nightcrew #162

Unread 07-14-2009, 05:10 PM   #205
ductape1000
Recently Flopped!!

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I have one, but it doesn't always cooperate. I will bring it anyway just in case!! I think the lake is the big thing with water on the back side? But, as for finding the trail to it....... read my signature!! See you all on Sat.

Insert clever saying by someone well known here...

Under Re-construction.....
ductape1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2009, 07:21 PM   #206
the4x4cowboy
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Hey guys, is there room for one more?
the4x4cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2009, 09:11 PM   #207
ductape1000
Recently Flopped!!

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by the4x4cowboy View Post
Hey guys, is there room for one more?
there is always room.

Insert clever saying by someone well known here...

Under Re-construction.....
ductape1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2009, 10:16 PM   #208
SpydermanTJ

Absa-tively. Bring a friend , either cold or not We're meeting at the Cleghorn offramp at the 15 at 9am. Be there, or catch up!!
Nightcrew #162

Unread 07-14-2009, 10:17 PM   #209
SpydermanTJ

Oh yeah... I'll be monitoring CB Channel 3. My CB only goes about 1/2 mile tho, so hit me up once you're close to the offramp. See y'all there!!

*NOTE: I'm going to work for the next 3 days, so I won't be able to answer any questions. Please direct your questions to Tony (ductape1000) and he can call/text me if he doesn't know the answers.
Nightcrew #162

Unread 07-16-2009, 11:22 PM   #210
sene
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJohnnyC View Post
We have a large group of XJ/MJ owners that have wrenching parties all the time in the OC. So it's not a myth.
I won't believe it until I'm invited to one, its like high school all over again

The only wrenching party thats going on is happening at the Jeep dealership in Irvine, I broke down and scheduled an appointment for them to take my money.

On a unrelated topic my plastic windows have seen better days, do you guys of any of the local boat / upholstery places that can replace just the clear plastic? Anyone have some nice looking windows they want to sell or trade for my sub par set plus cash?
sene is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.