Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY!

953K views 30K replies 209 participants last post by  Rallyrs 
#1 ·
I can't believe nobody has started this thread before, therefore I will start it...

La Mirada, 90638

#1,961 ·
toxikmo said:
I am in la for a bit, but unforninity with out my jeep, been here for 3 weeks and i think i'm going back on the 7th of jan? is their anything around the 90035 zip that is jeep or car related for a gear head to do? i'm losing my mind with no vehicle to tinker with…My hands have been oil free for 3 weeks! I do not know what to do with my self….are their any meets or anything?
90029 ... new suspension tomorrow. You're welcome to come help, but ill be working slow considering I'm new to all this!

#1,962 ·
Horaciosan, it was cougar buttes but it doesn't look like anyone is going?

First clutch, pick up a clutch alignment tool at the auto parts store. It'll make putting it back together easier on you. Also you may want to change out the pilot bearing in the back of the crankshaft. They can be a pain to get out but it's worth doing it.

#1,969 ·
Hotshot said:
Horaciosan, it was cougar buttes but it doesn't look like anyone is going?

First clutch, pick up a clutch alignment tool at the auto parts store. It'll make putting it back together easier on you. Also you may want to change out the pilot bearing in the back of the crankshaft. They can be a pain to get out but it's worth doing it.
Thanks for the tips .. I'm hopping its not to bad to change it out.

#1,977 ·
Thanks for the tips .. I'm hopping its not to bad to change it out.
As long as you have the right tools, a good trans jack it won't be bad. Just take your time and adjust your jack to hold the trans, and transfer case secure.

Another tip, make sure your local auto parts store can turn the flywheel (resurface it) the day you pull it out. You may have to find a machine shop to resurface it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.