Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY! - Page 988 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY!

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-18-2013, 11:54 PM   #14806
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper
By the time my axles come in, you'll probably have an 8.8 prepped and ready to go. Find one with 4.10s and you can take my 30 and bam, the axle doesn't take very long to do, it's all stock just like yours. Just let me take your axle so I can regain some of the cost for the one tons. As far as the guns, I'm not sure about deceased people, but here in CA as far as I know, all guns have to go through an FFL unless... ^ this
It'll probably be a while because I haven't actively looked for an 8.8 lol.

Unread 10-18-2013, 11:55 PM   #14807
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Maybe I just stay in and sleep... Am exhausted.... But wanna go somewhere locall... Not too far..anybody else?
THOR114 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2013, 12:06 AM   #14808
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

Looks pretty neat. Anyone been?

http://www.desertusa.com/ovr/du_4x4-training.html
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/birth-zombiehunta-1612329/
zombiehunta666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2013, 01:21 AM   #14809
MPond
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbuck
I got the turbo intake tubes all clamped down today, primed the turbo's oil inlet, and fired it up for the first time with the turbo! Let it idle for a few minutes, then blipped the throttle a few times. Man, the turbo sounds sweet I'll take a video next time. After i shut if off, I pulled the engine side of the turbo oil drain to verify the oil had been flowing through, and indeed it had been, so all is good I think

I still need to do major adjustments to the fuel rack, but I'll wait to do that until I have my gauges setup so I can monitor things as I tune it. And also figure out where exactly I want to put the intake air filter. I'm pondering the idea of drilling a big hole through the firewall and putting a filter under the dash on the other side of the firewall.

Only two major things left to do! Put on the new front brakes, and do all the wiring. I hate wiring But I'm determined to get good at it and not make it look like a hack job!
Looking good!

Question: every turbo-diesel I've had has been intercooled. In fact, so has every gas-turbo I've had, until the Jeep. The rationale for the Jeep was that the 6-lb. boost was relatively low and didn't require an intercooler. But I'm thinking of adding one now.

Have you considered doing an intercooler? I would expect higher boost numbers on a diesel. Or am I wrong about that?
Unread 10-19-2013, 01:23 AM   #14810
MPond
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiehunta666
I've not been there, but it looks interesting. I've seen it online before and would like to check it out one day. But I don't have my Jeep right now - still at Banks for tuning.
Unread 10-19-2013, 01:53 AM   #14811
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPond View Post
Looking good!

Question: every turbo-diesel I've had has been intercooled. In fact, so has every gas-turbo I've had, until the Jeep. The rationale for the Jeep was that the 6-lb. boost was relatively low and didn't require an intercooler. But I'm thinking of adding one now.

Have you considered doing an intercooler? I would expect higher boost numbers on a diesel. Or am I wrong about that?
From what I gather, I should be pushing about 12-14 pounds before the waste gate opens, but I won't know until I hook up all the gauges and give it a good drive.

My intention is to see what happens. If I get the power I want without pushing the tune and getting to much heat, I'll leave it with no intercooler and have a more straight forward intake tube welded onto the aluminum intake manifold, and cap off the factory intake. If an intercooler is needed, then I'll go down that road. So yea, the plan is to see what happens, and then take it from there

If you want my guess, I guess that I will be fine with no intercooler, I don't really need all that much power, my jeep is pretty light and the 31" tires aren't all that heavy. I don't want to go faster than 50mph, and I'll never be towing anything.
Unread 10-19-2013, 02:24 AM   #14812
MPond
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbuck

From what I gather, I should be pushing about 12-14 pounds before the waste gate opens, but I won't know until I hook up all the gauges and give it a good drive.

My intention is to see what happens. If I get the power I want without pushing the tune and getting to much heat, I'll leave it with no intercooler and have a more straight forward intake tube welded onto the aluminum intake manifold, and cap off the factory intake. If an intercooler is needed, then I'll go down that road. So yea, the plan is to see what happens, and then take it from there

If you want my guess, I guess that I will be fine with no intercooler, I don't really need all that much power, my jeep is pretty light and the 31" tires aren't all that heavy. I don't want to go faster than 50mph, and I'll never be towing anything.
Let us know how that works out. I'm curious how your experience with the turbo compares to mine.
Unread 10-19-2013, 03:51 AM   #14813
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr View Post
It'll probably be a while because I haven't actively looked for an 8.8 lol.
There's a bunch of them around here, they're all right around $500 though for 4.10 axles. People seem to think that the ones that were put behind a V8 were better or something, so they charge more for them. It's literally the same damn axle but whatever.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2013, 04:39 AM   #14814
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper
There's a bunch of them around here, they're all right around $500 though for 4.10 axles. People seem to think that the ones that were put behind a V8 were better or something, so they charge more for them. It's literally the same damn axle but whatever.
Which is why I don't go looking. If I had the extra money I would've gotten one on a half off day last weekend. Lol. Only $100 then.
Unread 10-19-2013, 11:48 AM   #14815
suicideking
2006 LJ Wrangler 

If anyone is thinking about buying Metalcloak stuff: I just got an email that they're doing free shipping this weekend.

Quote:
You ask for it... and we come through!

This weekend, October 19 & 20, you can take advantage of a rare FREE SHIPPING SALE!

Yep, Free Shipping Storewide! Why? Because We Can!

This is an ONLINE only sale, so just visit Metalcloak.com and use the Online Code: OCTFREESHIP

If you were thinking about buying Metalcloak during the Holidays, get your order in BEFORE the rush and take advantage of this sale TODAY!

However, this sale is for the Lower 48 States Only and does not include Extended Corner Guards.

Beat the rush and get Cloaked well before Christmas, we guarantee it!

We'll see you on the rocks!

Matson "Matsonian" Breakey
MetalCloak.com
916-631-8071
suicideking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #14816
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome thank you, thinking about tearing down rear bumper for now and taking milk jugs odd. The end caps would look really nice....
Unread 10-19-2013, 12:37 PM   #14817
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

TT and Novak is on. Have exhaust mods to do though. The cat under the skid is to big and rests on the skid. I'll deal with that on Monday.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
image-2020646634.jpg

Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2013, 12:40 PM   #14818
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot
TT and Novak is on. Have exhaust mods to do though. The cat under the skid is to big and rests on the skid. I'll deal with that on Monday.

Nice job...
Unread 10-19-2013, 12:50 PM   #14819
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Mike Sullivan at Bass Off Road installed it. Thanks

Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2013, 12:59 PM   #14820
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot
Mike Sullivan at Bass Off Road installed it. Thanks Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Lame! Looks good.

Edit: Was at the recycling center on buckwheat and some lady pulled up and asked if I worked there as I was helping my girlfriend with her stuff. When I said no she's like "well where are the workers? This is my husbands job and I don't know what to do"

I dunno lady, look around and do what the other people are doing. Ha.

Painting the back porch at the cabin today. Should be all finished up here after this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.