Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY! - Page 938 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 10-03-2013, 11:38 PM   #14056
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiehunta666
I thought about doing that too. Sounds cool. I have heard there are some cool things to find in Big Bear. I'd be down to check it out. Do you work m-f? I am on vacation starting now and looking to do something during that time.
Yeah I work M-F, just get the weekends off. The thing about exploring is the further out you go the better chance stuffs not all tore up. I have a couple of buddies that take two weeks every November and run dirt roads / trails from Death Valley to middle of nowhere NV. You should see the stuff they find out there. One area I'm wanting to hit this winter is the Old Women Mountains between I-40 and I-10, east of Twentynine Palms. I hear there's cabins and Mines out there that haven't been torn up. Not exactly sure where they are but I'll find them. There's supposed to be some neat stuff South of I-10 east of the Salton Sea also.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2013, 11:43 PM   #14057
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOR114
We all should go...I d like to go too, once Happy is more manly and can handle trails better.... Hey hotshot- watch out w the male cats. They start spraying and that reeks. Ally is my first cat, but I had before a three legged one adopting me. Named him Pirate. But he stayed on the front porch...till he disappeared one day. Has not come back. I even went looking for him! For a cat! Me! Yes! I could not believe it! But he is gone now...was a nice cat too. Ad then " bottlebrush" ( another stray cat ) came over fighting with him once in a while...
This cats been here over a year now. He hasn't sprayed once, had he, I'd of sent him packing. Lol. He's house broke, and the Vet said he's been fixed.

Unread 10-03-2013, 11:52 PM   #14058
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbuck
I'm honestly more of a cat person than a dog person. There's a neighborhood cat that likes to come around before sunset while I'm working on the jeep or in the garage, I may have made the mistake of giving it a few small pieces of steak and chicken while I was BBQing
Lol, yep you have a cat now too. Hahaha!

I've been feeding a stray cat, he's all sucked up and scraggly looking, he swings by once a day now for a bowl of friskies. Haha. Oh we'll, cat food is cheap.

Unread 10-04-2013, 01:26 AM   #14059
MPond
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
Yeah I work M-F, just get the weekends off. The thing about exploring is the further out you go the better chance stuffs not all tore up. I have a couple of buddies that take two weeks every November and run dirt roads / trails from Death Valley to middle of nowhere NV. You should see the stuff they find out there. One area I'm wanting to hit this winter is the Old Women Mountains between I-40 and I-10, east of Twentynine Palms. I hear there's cabins and Mines out there that haven't been torn up. Not exactly sure where they are but I'll find them. There's supposed to be some neat stuff South of I-10 east of the Salton Sea also.

That does sound like a fun exploration trip!
Unread 10-04-2013, 05:11 AM   #14060
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Lol, yep you have a cat now too. Hahaha!

I've been feeding a stray cat, he's all sucked up and scraggly looking, he swings by once a day now for a bowl of friskies. Haha. Oh we'll, cat food is cheap.

I suspect I'm not the only one in the neighborhood who feeds it, sometimes it doesn't even want the food (I too have a small bag of cat food). It may infact be someones cat, it never looks scraggly or thin, but maybe that just means it's the mob boss in the alley cat world around my neighborhood. Just comes around to check up on me to make sure I'm not harboring any unwanted cats
Unread 10-04-2013, 07:11 AM   #14061
Sinisterphoto

Tj

Quote:

I'm interested in exploring on weekends. There's the Bradshaw trail on the east side of the Salton Sea i've been wanting to explore and also the Joshua Tree trail between i-10 and 29 palms. If you ever wanna get a small group to go out and explore let me know.
Sinisterphoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 08:02 AM   #14062
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'd be up for it sometime. I like expedition stuff just as much as rock crawling I just can't walk into mine shafts, I get claustrophobic
Unread 10-04-2013, 08:42 AM   #14063
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinisterphoto
I'm interested in exploring on weekends. There's the Bradshaw trail on the east side of the Salton Sea i've been wanting to explore and also the Joshua Tree trail between i-10 and 29 palms. If you ever wanna get a small group to go out and explore let me know.
Joshua tree trail sounds good.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/birth-zombiehunta-1612329/
zombiehunta666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 09:25 AM   #14064
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I aloso wanna go with you guys once happy is ready...
THOR114 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 09:39 AM   #14065
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

found this neat aluminum box that seals real well, I'll put the small fuse block and relays inside of here, I'll drill holes in the side and use rubber cromets for the wires to enter. I'll use a 6 pin connector for the power wires, and 6 pin connector for the ground wires, should end up looking fairly clean I think.

In retrospect, it looks like the box maybe a little TOO large, but I think it's fine, once all the wires are in there and the relays, I think it will be the right size. Nothing else is being mounted on that fender, battery will be right in front of it.

Unread 10-04-2013, 09:44 AM   #14066
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
found this neat aluminum box that seals real well, I'll put the small fuse block and relays inside of here, I'll drill holes in the side and use rubber cromets for the wires to enter. I'll use a 6 pin connector for the power wires, and 6 pin connector for the ground wires, should end up looking fairly clean I think.

In retrospect, it looks like the box maybe a little TOO large, but I think it's fine, once all the wires are in there and the relays, I think it will be the right size. Nothing else is being mounted on that fender, battery will be right in front of it.
That looks like an old electric box. For the intake if you have not connected the end of the wires, you could put a little bit of shrink wrap hose around the wires to protect them from rubbing against the edge where you pull the cables through. Just as a little padding
Unread 10-04-2013, 09:58 AM   #14067
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

This couple just stopped by looking for their dogs. They got out Monday. A pair of year old german shepards. The female is blind in one eye and the male has seizures.

I can only imagine how scared that one is. If by some off chance you see them, let me know.

Willys is looking good man! Clean and all.
Unread 10-04-2013, 10:04 AM   #14068
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Copy I will keep my eyes open. Where did they got lost from? 138 area?
Unread 10-04-2013, 10:09 AM   #14069
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOR114 View Post
That looks like an old electric box. For the intake if you have not connected the end of the wires, you could put a little bit of shrink wrap hose around the wires to protect them from rubbing against the edge where you pull the cables through. Just as a little padding
Yea, I think it's called a "project box", meant to house electrical/computer components.

Yep, I'll have shrink wrap I've not started running the wires yet.

I'll spray it green, and it'll look like it belongs there
Unread 10-04-2013, 10:13 AM   #14070
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Yea, I think it's called a "project box", meant to house electrical/computer components.

Yep, I'll have shrink wrap I've not started running the wires yet.

I'll spray it green, and it'll look like it belongs there
Cool...

Is anybody going to Pomona fair today? I might go Sunday with a buddy of mine....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.