Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY! - Page 906 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY!

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 09-27-2013, 12:55 AM   #13576
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I have kinda my own idea. I want something sturdy and with a winch attachment ( phase 3) and towbar rack, a small cubbyhole where my ax fits and a shovel. And ivwant fd colors. Red and yellow with black.

He s gonna be biatching!!!!

THOR114 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2013, 12:57 AM   #13577
MPond
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiehunta666

Glad to hear that phase 1 is in the works.

I like the smittybilt bumpers. They work, look good (I think) and are very inexpensive compared to others. However I am sure in terms of quality they are much much lower then the others...
Many people here will talk $#!+ about SmittyBilt, but for the price it's hard to complain.

I've had their front & rear bumpers, and side-steps / sliders for over 5 years and they've taken a lot of abuse and held up well.

You get what you pay for, so you have to go into it knowing that they're not perfect. But it was all I could afford when I started modifying my Jeep, and the bang-for-the-buck is pretty good.

Note: I had to modify the latch on my SmittyBilt tire carrier, as the one it came with was garbage and would open on the highway. But that's the only issue I've had.
Unread 09-27-2013, 12:57 AM   #13578
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOR114
I have kinda my own idea. I want something sturdy and with a winch attachment ( phase 3) and towbar rack, a small cubbyhole where my ax fits and a shovel. And ivwant fd colors. Red and yellow with black. He s gonna be biatching!!!!
Find the guy who sells bumpers on craigslist. Dirtworx. Hell work with you to make something that suited your needs I think. Both felt and rear
Unread 09-27-2013, 01:01 AM   #13579
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr

Find the guy who sells bumpers on craigslist. Dirtworx. Hell work with you to make something that suited your needs I think. Both felt and rear
I already called somebody art recommendet. Once phase one is finished i will take happy to him and by then i should lnow jow i want what i want. Worsed case: just gimme some steel machinery and a welder!
Unread 09-27-2013, 01:01 AM   #13580
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I have kinda my own idea. I want something sturdy and with a winch attachment ( phase 3) and towbar rack, a small cubbyhole where my ax fits and a shovel. And ivwant fd colors. Red and yellow with black. He s gonna be biatching!!!!
All that on a the bumper? Ok...
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/birth-zombiehunta-1612329/
zombiehunta666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2013, 01:02 AM   #13581
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPond
Many people here will talk $#!+ about SmittyBilt, but for the price it's hard to complain. I've had their front & rear bumpers, and side-steps / sliders for over 5 years and they've taken a lot of abuse and held up well. You get what you pay for, so you have to go into it knowing that they're not perfect. But it was all I could afford when I started modifying my Jeep, and the bang-for-the-buck is pretty good. Note: I had to modify the latch on my SmittyBilt tire carrier, as the one it came with was garbage and would open on the highway. But that's the only issue I've had.
Agreed.
Unread 09-27-2013, 01:24 AM   #13582
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiehunta666

All that on a the bumper? Ok...
Yep... Heavy duty......he is gonna be a hottie....
Unread 09-27-2013, 01:25 AM   #13583
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Yep... Heavy duty......he is gonna be a hottie....

Ok!
Unread 09-27-2013, 01:27 AM   #13584
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

A skinnie hottie.... Love my Happy...

Hey did anybody watch the movie " sweet misery"?
Am watching it right now ts about brain cancer linked to aspartame and other stuff.... Scarry
Unread 09-27-2013, 01:45 AM   #13585
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I don't know if you could fit an axe and a shovel with a winch on the front bumper. I can't imagine where you could put a cubby for those. Looking forward to seeing how that comes out as well as the prices Arts guy has
Unread 09-27-2013, 01:53 AM   #13586
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr
I don't know if you could fit an axe and a shovel with a winch on the front bumper. I can't imagine where you could put a cubby for those. Looking forward to seeing how that comes out as well as the prices Arts guy has
It want it like a mix between the engine where you can completely nicely sleep on the bumper, it's like a huge lip, and the medium rescue, usually a ford 350"hd diesel or something like that, with winch. I thing it could be reinforced with round steel tubes and leave some room in middle and lockable storage for my ax and shovel.

I thing it can be done, he s gonna be my hottie.....
Unread 09-27-2013, 02:04 AM   #13587
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPond View Post
Many people here will talk $#!+ about SmittyBilt, but for the price it's hard to complain.

I've had their front & rear bumpers, and side-steps / sliders for over 5 years and they've taken a lot of abuse and held up well.

You get what you pay for, so you have to go into it knowing that they're not perfect. But it was all I could afford when I started modifying my Jeep, and the bang-for-the-buck is pretty good.

Note: I had to modify the latch on my SmittyBilt tire carrier, as the one it came with was garbage and would open on the highway. But that's the only issue I've had.
For me, it's not entirely about quality of the product. It's more about outsourcing to China and other countries that is my problem. I know all to well what outsourcing jobs does, alot of my friends have had to move their families to other countries just to keep working because companies chase tax rebates, cheap labor, or other reasons to take work elsewhere. I'll gladly pay more for an item to keep jobs and products made here in the US.

Support local companies! Don't buy from China or other outsource countries Sometimes you can't help it, there's no other option but to buy foreign made products. But when ever you can, try to buy local. Not sure if an item is manufactured here in the US? Call them, and ask!
Unread 09-27-2013, 02:21 AM   #13588
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
It want it like a mix between the engine where you can completely nicely sleep on the bumper, it's like a huge lip, and the medium rescue, usually a ford 350"hd diesel or something like that, with winch. I thing it could be reinforced with round steel tubes and leave some room in middle and lockable storage for my ax and shovel. I thing it can be done, he s gonna be my hottie.....
It sounds like its gonna be pretty big and high.
Unread 09-27-2013, 02:59 AM   #13589
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Big bad and a hottie.... Lol
Unread 09-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #13590
NBMgreg
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Look into metalcloak bumpers. You build it however you want with tons of options (lightbars, tow points, winch plates, various end caps, stingers etc). You can build a pretty basic Setup for pretty cheap, mine has quite a few add ons and i think I paid less than $600. And like buck said, made here locally.
NBMgreg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.