Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY! - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 09-23-2011, 09:34 PM   #121
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot

Sure thing clg82. I'm just getting started for the year . I run all winter, every Saturday, and most Sundays. Gonna wait a few more weeks before I do Calico for a weekend. Gonna let it cool down some more. I'll be there with friends for 4 or 5 days for Thanksgiving also. My buddy has been going there for Thanksgiving for years. I've been going there for the last 3 with his group. Gonna be planning a weekend trip to Panamint pretty soon also.
Awesome hotshot. Keep me in the loop. After this weekend it should start cooling down around here as well. Your wife or gf join you as well? Just wondering what I would need to do with mine lol. Panamint valley days is beginning of November as well. Over 100 jeeps went last year. Google it!

sent from Chris.

Unread 09-23-2011, 09:50 PM   #122
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

No wife or gf right now. Me and my brother are usually the only two in my jeep. Your wife is welcome to come out on runs though.
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2011, 09:52 PM   #123
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Nice looking X Green Machine.
Unread 09-24-2011, 01:37 AM   #124
GreenMachineX
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
Nice looking X Green Machine.
Thanks man!

Take some pics of your trip tomorrow.
GreenMachineX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2011, 01:43 AM   #125
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Funny, I'll actually be in the Big Bear/Arrowhead area tomorrow cruising around with my GF. Our plan is to leave Long Beach by 7am, to get there around 9. We need to grab a few things once there, but then we're going to cruise back to Arrowhead and the Pinnacles staging area, then drive to Devil's Hole. We aren't looking to do trail runs, just trying to get away for the day. We're gonna do some fishing, hike around, just have a good relaxing day. If you see my LJ down at Devil's Hole or anywhere around there say hi! My name is Justin.

I'm up for doing a trail run in a few weeks.
Unread 09-24-2011, 08:15 AM   #126
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mJUSTINm View Post
Funny, I'll actually be in the Big Bear/Arrowhead area tomorrow cruising around with my GF. Our plan is to leave Long Beach by 7am, to get there around 9. We need to grab a few things once there, but then we're going to cruise back to Arrowhead and the Pinnacles staging area, then drive to Devil's Hole. We aren't looking to do trail runs, just trying to get away for the day. We're gonna do some fishing, hike around, just have a good relaxing day. If you see my LJ down at Devil's Hole or anywhere around there say hi! My name is Justin.

I'm up for doing a trail run in a few weeks.
Watch out for rattle snakes. Last time I was there I was standing about 2' away from one that was just laying there stretched out getting some sun. When I finally saw it, it turned it's head and looked at my boot turned its head back and just slithered under a log down by the water. I actually shot video of it, when I'm on my desk top I'll post it up. Seen snakes all over this area along the trail both times I've been there.

Doesn't look like qewbawl is going to be able to make it. I work out of my house so i have to get out of here on the weekends or I'll go stir crazy, I think I'll cruise up to WW area, maybe run the fire road down to Fish Fork?
Unread 09-25-2011, 04:00 PM   #127
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Hey guys checkout my build and tell me what you think?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/b...build-1267429/
ninjastar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2011, 06:46 PM   #128
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Went down to Fish Fork area today. Went past the camp ground, hard to make out the trail just a little ways in, washed out pretty bad. Large trees down across parts of the trail. I crawled over a few smaller ones that were in the washed out section . Got a little ways in and checked for cell service, none so I turned back. Didn't want to get in to deep without a second jeep with me. Gonna have to go back and try to run it all the way. A hiker I was talking to says I won't make it , we'll see about that.

Anyone here ever take the trail from Lone Pine canyon to Lyttle Creek? Just wondering what shape it's in?
Unread 09-25-2011, 07:57 PM   #129
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Big Bear was fun. We went from the Pinnacles staging area to Devil's Hole, swam, fished, and hiked there for a few hours then headed home. Nice day, and zero issues.
Unread 09-25-2011, 10:07 PM   #130
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Any luck fishing?
Unread 09-25-2011, 10:45 PM   #131
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Not this time. Did see a couple guys walking back to the hole with a couple nice Browns though..
Unread 09-26-2011, 02:38 PM   #132
Blktjsport
1999 TJ Wrangler 

San Pedro here 90731 next to long beach. Does anyone know of any local jeep clubs?
Unread 09-26-2011, 03:14 PM   #133
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

www.myjeeprocks.com/forums

not really a club per say, but groups get together and go wheeling quite often through this website.
Unread 09-26-2011, 03:44 PM   #134
qewbawl
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Hotshot, sorry I had to bail on you at the last moment, but I am definitely in for next weekend. Let me know what and where, and Im there!!!
qewbawl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2011, 05:07 PM   #135
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

No prob qewbawl, will let you know.

Yep DB, I'm on MJR also. Good folks over their as well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.