Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY! - Page 789 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY!

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Packages

Unread 07-18-2013, 07:30 PM   #11821
ZJ1995
1995 ZJ 

yea I heard about that before I got off work, I just stayed away from Bear valley road.

ZJ1995 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #11822
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Apparently they made it from the mall to 11th and turned around.
Unread 07-18-2013, 10:06 PM   #11823
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr
Well there's your problem. Hahaha

Hopefully you got a sanding block. I can't imagine more than doing some light finish sanding without a block.
Sanding is actually the easy part, I'm using these new sanding blocks they have, they're like a sponge with a gritty exterior. they work well. It's the scraping that's a pain. Approx two feet left to scrape, coat with wood filler, and then sand. Would've had it done but my neighbor stopped by to VIsit. Cool dude, real sharp for 84. We were talking about the old cars he use to own, model T's, A's, etc.

Since they're talking about thunderstorms, possible rain this weekend I at least need to get a coat of primer on tomorrow.
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 10:12 PM   #11824
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I'm tellin you, they were wise not to come into Phelan. Just try and ransack a business here, or **** with somebody's ****.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 11:24 PM   #11825
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah I've used those before. Better than the re useable blocks for some stuff. Plus you can squeeze them to your liking

Painting is a breeze if you can reach the whole thing. I painted the facia boards on a house in Victorville and there was a solid 5 feet at the top I couldn't reach because they only gave me 10' A frame ladder. Getting up the that 5 feet was sketchy as hell too. Standing on the second rung of the ladder.
Unread 07-18-2013, 11:55 PM   #11826
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah I've used those before. Better than the re useable blocks for some stuff. Plus you can squeeze them to your liking

Painting is a breeze if you can reach the whole thing. I painted the facia boards on a house in Victorville and there was a solid 5 feet at the top I couldn't reach because they only gave me 10' A frame ladder. Getting up the that 5 feet was sketchy as hell too. Standing on the second rung of the ladder.
Lol, yeah I'm only doing the lower, west facing facia boards right now. Thats the one here that takes a beating from the weather. I purchased a scaffold so I'm not stretching at all to reach it. The scaffold has a dual purpose, I'll be able to use it when I wax the fifth wheel also.
Unread 07-18-2013, 11:58 PM   #11827
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot

Lol, yeah I'm only doing the lower, west facing facia boards right now. Thats the one here that takes a beating from the weather. I purchased a scaffold so I'm not stretching at all to reach it. The scaffold has a dual purpose, I'll be able to use it when I wax the fifth wheel also.
It's always good to have that stuff. We have a ladder that had like 7 different positions and the joints are frozen. The arms to move the joints are made from aluminum so they bend. I don't know who thought that was a good idea.

On a camper note: do you use that "wash and wax all in one" stuff?
Unread 07-19-2013, 12:07 AM   #11828
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

It's always good to have that stuff. We have a ladder that had like 7 different positions and the joints are frozen. The arms to move the joints are made from aluminum so they bend. I don't know who thought that was a good idea.

On a camper note: do you use that "wash and wax all in one" stuff?
Nah, I just wash it and then use that spray nano wax. Trailer needs a good cleaning right now actually, last trip out I hit a swarm of nat's, the front is covered in them.
Unread 07-19-2013, 01:01 AM   #11829
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Michael, which vet should I take my cat to around here? Dr Mikes? I just noticed today he's got a knot on his lower jaw about half the size of a golf ball. Don't know if something bit him, or if he's got a infected rear tooth? It doesn't hurt him at all, I can touch it without it bothering him, and he's eating fine. Figure if it doesn't go away by Monday though I should probably have it checked out.
Unread 07-19-2013, 10:50 AM   #11830
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Dr. Birch is a nice guy. He's in the Sunshine plaza. If you call and make an app you can ask for him specifically because he has another vet working for him. Don't really care for her though.

Is Mike, Wagners first name? He passed last year some time. I know they are still open but I don't know who the vet is.
Unread 07-19-2013, 06:07 PM   #11831
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Dr. Birch is a nice guy. He's in the Sunshine plaza. If you call and make an app you can ask for him specifically because he has another vet working for him. Don't really care for her though.

Is Mike, Wagners first name? He passed last year some time. I know they are still open but I don't know who the vet is.
Dr Mike is gone? Hadn't heard that. Thanks for the info, will call Monday unless the lump goes away.
Unread 07-19-2013, 09:41 PM   #11832
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Nothing like a good **** before going home.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 04:11 PM   #11833
Dumpsterfish

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper
Nothing like a good **** before going home.
This could mean so many things.
Dumpsterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 05:43 PM   #11834
SkylarM
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumpsterfish View Post
This could mean so many things.
Hahaha. It's so true. I'm thinking it's either **** or **** though...
SkylarM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 05:54 PM   #11835
Dumpsterfish

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarM

Hahaha. It's so true. I'm thinking it's either **** or **** though...
Yeah, and I feel that sentiment. I took no less than three epic **** breaks at work today.
Dumpsterfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.