Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY! - Page 785 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY!

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 07-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #11761
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr View Post
This. I had a free year of prime because I was a student and now I only pay $30 a year because I'm a student. Ha
Prime is worth it, I got free 2 day shipping on a 5lb bag of salt water taffy. Yes, that made it all worth it!

Along with my S&W M&P knife, Surefire P2X fury defender, and countless other things I've bought on amazon.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2013, 01:13 PM   #11762
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumpsterfish
Hahaha. That's great
Unread 07-11-2013, 08:55 PM   #11763
Topless617
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not too sure what its considered, but I'm moving out to the Moorpark/ Simi Valley area beginning of August. Driving my jeep out there from Maryland! Need to find some new jeep friends!
Topless617 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #11764
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Right on, you will be within a few hours drive of alot of great trails
Unread 07-12-2013, 12:58 AM   #11765
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper

Prime is worth it, I got free 2 day shipping on a 5lb bag of salt water taffy. Yes, that made it all worth it!

Along with my S&W M&P knife, Surefire P2X fury defender, and countless other things I've bought on amazon.
I didn't see this earlier. I only do prime shipping if I can. I mean I'm paying for it. Amazon offsets the price a little to help, and I'm sure they are covering their costs with the small offset due to their contracts with UPS and alike but it's still worth it IMO.

I haven't bought anything that cool. About a thousand feet of paracord( probably not mil spec but good enough for what i use it for), a handful of dog supplies and a lot of presents and books. Haha.

Edit: Next time you are down in Orange County, go into Laguna to the Candy Baron. They have barrels of that taffy. Pick as many pieces and flavor as you want or don't want and they charge by weight. All sorts of other crap too. It's a cool store.
Unread 07-12-2013, 01:29 AM   #11766
MPond
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarM

The ones near me mostly only sell cell phones and ipods and whatnot.. Every time I've gone there for something specific they look at me like I'm nuts... I use O'Reilly or Home Depot for that kind of thing. Got my headphones at Radio Shack though
The ones by me are still stocked pretty well. One tried getting rid of a lot of the electronics & electrical wires & connectors, but then they brought it all back like 6 months later.

I had to rewire the TVs & replace the satellite in the RV last month, and that required 3 trips to Radio Shack. If that had been Amazon, that project would have taken much longer. Being able to get the parts locally meant I got the whole project done in 1 day.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 07-12-2013, 03:32 AM   #11767
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr View Post
I didn't see this earlier. I only do prime shipping if I can. I mean I'm paying for it. Amazon offsets the price a little to help, and I'm sure they are covering their costs with the small offset due to their contracts with UPS and alike but it's still worth it IMO.

I haven't bought anything that cool. About a thousand feet of paracord( probably not mil spec but good enough for what i use it for), a handful of dog supplies and a lot of presents and books. Haha.

Edit: Next time you are down in Orange County, go into Laguna to the Candy Baron. They have barrels of that taffy. Pick as many pieces and flavor as you want or don't want and they charge by weight. All sorts of other crap too. It's a cool store.

Still not enough power.
Unread 07-12-2013, 10:23 AM   #11768
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper

The website said they have like 50 different flavors or something like that
Unread 07-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #11769
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

People are ****ing *******s. My girlfriends dog just got back from anti aggression training. She needs a crate to stay in when she's not being worked. We go to petsmart and were looking at the crates and she growls a little(much less than the "get away from me I'm scary" bark/growl) at this stupid Victorville type prick and he tells her to shut up and waves his hand at her completely working against everything she's been doing the past week. So I tell him not to yell at our dog and he turns around with a big "**** you". So naturally I get pissed and tell him to **** off and my girlfriend says that she's in training and he tells her to "**** off". All the while his wife was trying to calm him down. What ****ing man tells a women to **** off. I'm glad I know how pissed she would've been if I hauled off and hit him otherwise I would be single and asking for a ride home from one of you guys.
Unread 07-13-2013, 10:57 PM   #11770
slickrocksteve
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Michael;

As we know, there is no cure for stupid.

I have had people come to my house and walk into the latched gate fence, while my three dogs are telling them .. I would like a piece of fresh meat....Yeah, one word from me will send them to their corners, or into the pen, but I was yelled at for having "vicious" dogs, that will kill somebody. You can imagine the response I gave! ( Single digit salute!)
My two bigger dogs are Queensland/Pointer mix, and the ankle biter is a Min Pin, so they make more noise than I sometimes would like, but they are warning strangers to back off. They do not chase people, nor are they fear biters, once they are told you are ok. In fact they would just about roll over, and beg.

[IMG][/IMG]
slickrocksteve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2013, 11:40 PM   #11771
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrocksteve
Michael;

As we know, there is no cure for stupid.

I have had people come to my house and walk into the latched gate fence, while my three dogs are telling them .. I would like a piece of fresh meat....Yeah, one word from me will send them to their corners, or into the pen, but I was yelled at for having "vicious" dogs, that will kill somebody. You can imagine the response I gave! ( Single digit salute!)
My two bigger dogs are Queensland/Pointer mix, and the ankle biter is a Min Pin, so they make more noise than I sometimes would like, but they are warning strangers to back off. They do not chase people, nor are they fear biters, once they are told you are ok. In fact they would just about roll over, and beg.

[/URL][/IMG]
Good looking dogs.

You are correct. No cure for stupid although i have never had someone yell at me at my own house before.

I have told dogs to hush before, but I always do it in a calm, upbeat, playful manner to assure them I am of no threat, and I don't care if they bark because I know they are protective, scared, or just don't know. All of which are okay because I'm not going to do anything to deserve a bite and I will work for the dogs acceptance. This guy was very rough in his ways, which is going to get him bit one day and I guarantee the dog will be blamed.

When our dogs were about 5-6 months old we had a women up at the Yodeler tell my girlfriend, with great authority and assertiveness, that she should not bring her dog out in public because she was scared of people and that its only going to make things worse. I just don't get some people.
Unread 07-14-2013, 01:22 AM   #11772
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I thought I was going to get bit today. my neighbors three little wiener dogs got loose when he went to town. these dogs are maybe 10" tall, there bellies can't be more then a inch off the ground. The brown one in my yard was friendly so I walked it up to his place and opened his gate and it went right in. I heard the other two running around his back yard so I called for them. This little black one came running at me viciously showing ivory. As it was coming towards me I was talking softly to it but that wasn't working. When it got about five feet from me I raised my voice and through my hands up in the air, that stopped him in its tracks for a minute. It kept growling and showing teeth and then started coming towards me again so I growled back and stepped towards it. Then it ran around the back of his house barking his little head off. Had I just stood there silent that dog would've ran up to me and bit me.

I went back in my house and called my neighbor on his cell and told him what was up. He asked if I could put the other two inside the gate? I said will they follow me to the gate? He said probably not. I said if I pick that black one up will it bite me? He said he wasn't sure, so I said I'll make sure they stay in his yard until he got home. He got home about 15, 20 minutes later.

The only time I've ever been bit was by small dogs, not sure why but they just don't like me for some reason?
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2013, 01:45 AM   #11773
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Small dogs bite the most. Haha. You never hear about it because most of them don't do any real damage.

The trainer working with my girlfriends dog told us about a golden retriever he worked with who bit 6 different people. Didn't have any stories like that about the "dangerous breeds".
Unread 07-14-2013, 06:45 AM   #11774
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I got bit by a weiner dog once, it got a swift smack instantly. Never bit me again after that. It would let me pet it sometimes from then on.

As for the Victorville guy, in places like where we live, they come into town and bring their big city attitude with them. Those are the people you hear about turning up missing for some odd reason.

Still not enough power.
Unread 07-14-2013, 09:57 AM   #11775
MPond
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

My neighbor had 3 wiener dogs. The problem was 2 we're identical color & markings, and one was the meanest dog I've ever met, while the other was a lover that wanted to cuddle. But you couldn't tell them apart.

And little dogs are definitely meaner than big dogs (in general).

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.