Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY! - Page 784 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Reply
Unread 07-10-2013, 02:07 PM   #11746
NBMgreg
Web Wheeler
 
NBMgreg's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 1,931
Three days.

NBMgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 03:22 PM   #11747
clg82
Web Wheeler
 
clg82's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Posts: 4,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr View Post
How many miles do you guys think a 2001 2500 will last if it was "fleet maintained"?
due to my extensive expertese with 2500s i would say 34 miles.
clg82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 03:31 PM   #11748
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!
 
Hotshot's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Phelan, CA
Posts: 6,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr View Post
How many miles do you guys think a 2001 2500 will last if it was "fleet maintained"?
Need more detail, what brand, what motor?
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 03:33 PM   #11749
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler
 
Michaelgoesrawr's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Waco, TX
Posts: 6,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot

Need more detail, what brand, what motor?
Chevy 2500 HD. Said it has 321k but didn't give any more detail. I was just curious. Not really important.
__________________
Adopt your pets. Don't shop for them.
Michaelgoesrawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #11750
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!
 
Hotshot's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Phelan, CA
Posts: 6,416
I've seen them with as high as 400,000 miles on them at the auction. Fleet mantained doesn't really tell you much though. I've seen fleets that rarely changed their oil. They just fixed what broke and ran them into the ground. If it was in a fleet they should have maintenance records for you to look at.
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #11751
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler
 
Michaelgoesrawr's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Waco, TX
Posts: 6,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot
I've seen them with as high as 400,000 miles on them at the auction. Fleet mantained doesn't really tell you much though. I've seen fleets that rarely changed their oil. They just fixed what broke and ran them into the ground. If it was in a fleet they should have maintenance records for you to look at.
I saw an ad at the gym. It said 3500 obo so I was just curious.
__________________
Adopt your pets. Don't shop for them.
Michaelgoesrawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 05:39 PM   #11752
Dumpsterfish
Senior Member
 
Dumpsterfish's Avatar
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 719
actual conversation that I just participated in:

Radioshack employee-"hello, thanks for calling Radioshack, this is Todd."
Dumpsterfish-"hi Todd, do you currently have any CB radios in stock?"
RE-(mumbles something)"uh, yes...I mean...can you tell me what a CB radio is?"
DF-"uh, well, it's a radio, that um, operates on the citizen band channels..."
RE-"no, we don't have those."

click.
__________________
'89 YJ...SOLD
'95 YJ...SOLD
'13 JKUS...stock, for now.
Dumpsterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #11753
MPond
Web Wheeler
 
MPond's Avatar
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Newbury Park, CA
Posts: 1,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumpsterfish View Post
actual conversation that I just participated in:

Radioshack employee-"hello, thanks for calling Radioshack, this is Todd."
Dumpsterfish-"hi Todd, do you currently have any CB radios in stock?"
RE-(mumbles something)"uh, yes...I mean...can you tell me what a CB radio is?"
DF-"uh, well, it's a radio, that um, operates on the citizen band channels..."
RE-"no, we don't have those."

click.
Now that's funny!
__________________
2006 Black Unlimited 6-speed, Rubicon Express 5.5" Long Arm Kit
MPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 06:00 PM   #11754
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!
 
Hotshot's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Phelan, CA
Posts: 6,416
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 06:38 PM   #11755
SkylarM
Web Wheeler
 
SkylarM's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Los Angeles, California [CA]
Posts: 1,670
Radio shack is garbage. Amazon is where it's at.
SkylarM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 04:37 AM   #11756
MPond
Web Wheeler
 
MPond's Avatar
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Newbury Park, CA
Posts: 1,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarM
Radio shack is garbage. Amazon is where it's at.
I still find value in Radio Shack, particularly when I find out in the middle of a project that I need another part. I'd rather run down to Radio Shack than weight for a day or two for Amazon to deliver.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
__________________
2006 Black Unlimited 6-speed, Rubicon Express 5.5" Long Arm Kit
MPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 08:05 AM   #11757
SunDevilJeeper
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Phelan, CA
Posts: 3,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarM View Post
Radio shack is garbage. Amazon is where it's at.
Amazon prime over here son!

Now time to hop in the shower.
__________________
1992 YJ - 5.2L V8
2003 WJ Limited - 4.7L H.O. V8

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #11758
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler
 
Michaelgoesrawr's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Waco, TX
Posts: 6,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper

Amazon prime over here son!

Now time to hop in the shower.
This. I had a free year of prime because I was a student and now I only pay $30 a year because I'm a student. Ha
__________________
Adopt your pets. Don't shop for them.
Michaelgoesrawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #11759
SkylarM
Web Wheeler
 
SkylarM's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Los Angeles, California [CA]
Posts: 1,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPond View Post
I still find value in Radio Shack, particularly when I find out in the middle of a project that I need another part. I'd rather run down to Radio Shack than weight for a day or two for Amazon to deliver.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
The ones near me mostly only sell cell phones and ipods and whatnot.. Every time I've gone there for something specific they look at me like I'm nuts... I use O'Reilly or Home Depot for that kind of thing. Got my headphones at Radio Shack though
SkylarM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 11:38 AM   #11760
Dumpsterfish
Senior Member
 
Dumpsterfish's Avatar
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 719
http://www.theonion.com/articles/eve...ill-in-b,2190/
__________________
'89 YJ...SOLD
'95 YJ...SOLD
'13 JKUS...stock, for now.
Dumpsterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.