Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY! - Page 770 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY!

December Specials at Jeephut.comROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kits

Unread 06-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #11536
SkylarM
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBluE View Post
I nailed my cb antenna today because its too tall. I think I messed it up. All I get is interference now....
Don't bother trying in the city. Mine works fine on the trail, but around my apartment it sounds terrible.

SkylarM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 07:40 PM   #11537
LittleBluE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarM View Post

Don't bother trying in the city. Mine works fine on the trail, but around my apartment it sounds terrible.
I usually pick up good stuff in the city....all I'm getting now is interference..
LittleBluE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 08:29 PM   #11538
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

is it one with those adjustable tips? did it rip off or something? Next time you get a chance to in a relatively open area, check your SWR

I smack mine in parking garages all the time (usually because I forget I have it on there). It's one of those firefly antennas
Unread 06-24-2013, 08:36 PM   #11539
LittleBluE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbuck View Post
is it one with those adjustable tips? did it rip off or something? Next time you get a chance to in a relatively open area, check your SWR

I smack mine in parking garages all the time (usually because I forget I have it on there). It's one of those firefly antennas
That's exactly what happened. I forgot about it and it nailed pretty hard. I have a habit of setting off car alarms for fun in parking garages
Unread 06-25-2013, 12:39 AM   #11540
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

if the actual tip came off, you should probably be able to just put a correctly sized bolt in there, or I'm sure you can order a replacement tip.

The rubber cover that covers the tip (the condom, haha) has long since been ripped off mine, probalby the first time I parked in a parking structure and forgot the antenna was on there
Unread 06-25-2013, 01:03 AM   #11541
LittleBluE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I haven't looked yet..jeeps at a friend's getting a new intake manifold gasket to hopefully fix the whistling.

Also having a mechanical vaccum and water temp gauge installed..
Unread 06-25-2013, 08:05 PM   #11542
NBMgreg
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Anybody have a mystery water leak on the passenger floorboard after using the AC for a while? I don't see any damage to the drain assembly that goes through the firewall, and it seems to blow air/water out fine into the engine bay when running the AC.. But somehow my carpet is soaked.
NBMgreg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2013, 08:08 PM   #11543
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBMgreg
Anybody have a mystery water leak on the passenger floorboard after using the AC for a while? I don't see any damage to the drain assembly that goes through the firewall, and it seems to blow air/water out fine into the engine bay when running the AC.. But somehow my carpet is soaked.
Have you taken it out wheeling lately?
Hotshot is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2013, 08:11 PM   #11544
NBMgreg
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

No, but I just read that since the drain tube is pointed straight forward out of the firewall, when driving at high speeds (I'm all highway) the air pushes the draining water back into the system and it has nowhere to go but the floorboard.. Jeep actually had a TSB where they install a 90 degree angle on the drain so it drains downwards and not against the wind.. Go figure. I'll put a tube on it tomorrow.
Unread 06-25-2013, 08:24 PM   #11545
LittleBluE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep is finally fixed. The manifold gasket was indeed bad and causing my irritating whistle upon warming up. With the new gasket it's like a whole new jeep. Runs smoother with more power.

Also installed a mechanical water temp gauge and a vacuum gauge for on the fly monitoring
Unread 06-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #11546
MPond
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBMgreg View Post
No, but I just read that since the drain tube is pointed straight forward out of the firewall, when driving at high speeds (I'm all highway) the air pushes the draining water back into the system and it has nowhere to go but the floorboard.. Jeep actually had a TSB where they install a 90 degree angle on the drain so it drains downwards and not against the wind.. Go figure. I'll put a tube on it tomorrow.
Mine has that 90-degree angle on the drain, so maybe I was part of that TSB? I haven't had any issues with drainage onto the floors, but I can tell you this: last week I saw more water come out of that drain at startup than I've EVER seen in the past. I'm guessing +-8 ounces of water all at once when I started the Jeep. Was it more humid than normal here in L.A. last week (causing more condensation)?
Unread 06-25-2013, 08:31 PM   #11547
NBMgreg
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPond

Mine has that 90-degree angle on the drain, so maybe I was part of that TSB? I haven't had any issues with drainage onto the floors, but I can tell you this: last week I saw more water come out of that drain at startup than I've EVER seen in the past. I'm guessing +-8 ounces of water all at once when I started the Jeep. Was it more humid than normal here in L.A. last week (causing more condensation)?
Yeah yours must have been taken care of.

Mine dumped more water than I've ever seen today, must be some kind of climate change, I know it was hot and cloudy where I was, who knows.
Unread 06-25-2013, 08:33 PM   #11548
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBMgreg View Post
No.

I guess we can rule out pee then. We know how scared you get when you go wheeling.
Unread 06-25-2013, 08:35 PM   #11549
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yesterday it was humid up here.
Unread 06-25-2013, 08:39 PM   #11550
NBMgreg
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot

I guess we can rule out pee then. We know how scared you get when you go wheeling.
Lmao I should have known you had something up your sleeve

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.