Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY! - Page 770 - JeepForum.com

 1Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11536 of 30237 Old 06-24-2013, 11:27 AM
SkylarM
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBluE View Post
I nailed my cb antenna today because its too tall. I think I messed it up. All I get is interference now....
Don't bother trying in the city. Mine works fine on the trail, but around my apartment it sounds terrible.

SkylarM is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #11537 of 30237 Old 06-24-2013, 06:40 PM
LittleBluE
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 1,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarM View Post

Don't bother trying in the city. Mine works fine on the trail, but around my apartment it sounds terrible.
I usually pick up good stuff in the city....all I'm getting now is interference..
LittleBluE is offline  
post #11538 of 30237 Old 06-24-2013, 07:29 PM
danielbuck
Registered User
1946 CJ2 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westchester
Posts: 5,184
is it one with those adjustable tips? did it rip off or something? Next time you get a chance to in a relatively open area, check your SWR

I smack mine in parking garages all the time (usually because I forget I have it on there). It's one of those firefly antennas
danielbuck is offline  
post #11539 of 30237 Old 06-24-2013, 07:36 PM
LittleBluE
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 1,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbuck View Post
is it one with those adjustable tips? did it rip off or something? Next time you get a chance to in a relatively open area, check your SWR

I smack mine in parking garages all the time (usually because I forget I have it on there). It's one of those firefly antennas
That's exactly what happened. I forgot about it and it nailed pretty hard. I have a habit of setting off car alarms for fun in parking garages
LittleBluE is offline  
post #11540 of 30237 Old 06-24-2013, 11:39 PM
danielbuck
Registered User
1946 CJ2 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westchester
Posts: 5,184
if the actual tip came off, you should probably be able to just put a correctly sized bolt in there, or I'm sure you can order a replacement tip.

The rubber cover that covers the tip (the condom, haha) has long since been ripped off mine, probalby the first time I parked in a parking structure and forgot the antenna was on there
danielbuck is offline  
post #11541 of 30237 Old 06-25-2013, 12:03 AM
LittleBluE
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 1,306
I haven't looked yet..jeeps at a friend's getting a new intake manifold gasket to hopefully fix the whistling.

Also having a mechanical vaccum and water temp gauge installed..
LittleBluE is offline  
post #11542 of 30237 Old 06-25-2013, 07:05 PM
NBMgreg
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hollywood
Posts: 1,935
Anybody have a mystery water leak on the passenger floorboard after using the AC for a while? I don't see any damage to the drain assembly that goes through the firewall, and it seems to blow air/water out fine into the engine bay when running the AC.. But somehow my carpet is soaked.
NBMgreg is offline  
post #11543 of 30237 Old 06-25-2013, 07:08 PM
Hotshot
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Phelan
Posts: 7,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBMgreg
Anybody have a mystery water leak on the passenger floorboard after using the AC for a while? I don't see any damage to the drain assembly that goes through the firewall, and it seems to blow air/water out fine into the engine bay when running the AC.. But somehow my carpet is soaked.
Have you taken it out wheeling lately?
Hotshot is offline  
post #11544 of 30237 Old 06-25-2013, 07:11 PM
NBMgreg
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hollywood
Posts: 1,935
No, but I just read that since the drain tube is pointed straight forward out of the firewall, when driving at high speeds (I'm all highway) the air pushes the draining water back into the system and it has nowhere to go but the floorboard.. Jeep actually had a TSB where they install a 90 degree angle on the drain so it drains downwards and not against the wind.. Go figure. I'll put a tube on it tomorrow.
NBMgreg is offline  
post #11545 of 30237 Old 06-25-2013, 07:24 PM
LittleBluE
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 1,306
Jeep is finally fixed. The manifold gasket was indeed bad and causing my irritating whistle upon warming up. With the new gasket it's like a whole new jeep. Runs smoother with more power.

Also installed a mechanical water temp gauge and a vacuum gauge for on the fly monitoring
LittleBluE is offline  
post #11546 of 30237 Old 06-25-2013, 07:26 PM
MPond
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Newbury Park
Posts: 1,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBMgreg View Post
No, but I just read that since the drain tube is pointed straight forward out of the firewall, when driving at high speeds (I'm all highway) the air pushes the draining water back into the system and it has nowhere to go but the floorboard.. Jeep actually had a TSB where they install a 90 degree angle on the drain so it drains downwards and not against the wind.. Go figure. I'll put a tube on it tomorrow.
Mine has that 90-degree angle on the drain, so maybe I was part of that TSB? I haven't had any issues with drainage onto the floors, but I can tell you this: last week I saw more water come out of that drain at startup than I've EVER seen in the past. I'm guessing +-8 ounces of water all at once when I started the Jeep. Was it more humid than normal here in L.A. last week (causing more condensation)?

2006 Black Unlimited 6-speed, Rubicon Express 5.5" Long Arm Kit
MPond is offline  
post #11547 of 30237 Old 06-25-2013, 07:31 PM
NBMgreg
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hollywood
Posts: 1,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPond

Mine has that 90-degree angle on the drain, so maybe I was part of that TSB? I haven't had any issues with drainage onto the floors, but I can tell you this: last week I saw more water come out of that drain at startup than I've EVER seen in the past. I'm guessing +-8 ounces of water all at once when I started the Jeep. Was it more humid than normal here in L.A. last week (causing more condensation)?
Yeah yours must have been taken care of.

Mine dumped more water than I've ever seen today, must be some kind of climate change, I know it was hot and cloudy where I was, who knows.
NBMgreg is offline  
post #11548 of 30237 Old 06-25-2013, 07:33 PM
Hotshot
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Phelan
Posts: 7,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBMgreg View Post
No.

I guess we can rule out pee then. We know how scared you get when you go wheeling.
Hotshot is offline  
post #11549 of 30237 Old 06-25-2013, 07:35 PM
Hotshot
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Phelan
Posts: 7,470
Yesterday it was humid up here.
Hotshot is offline  
post #11550 of 30237 Old 06-25-2013, 07:39 PM
NBMgreg
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hollywood
Posts: 1,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot

I guess we can rule out pee then. We know how scared you get when you go wheeling.
Lmao I should have known you had something up your sleeve
NBMgreg is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
roll call ORANGE COUNTY shortbussrydah California Jeep Forum 4590 12-29-2015 08:44 PM
Roll Call Ventura County blue52 California Jeep Forum 41 05-05-2013 01:02 PM
Roll cage fabricator in Orange County, Ca.? Stinkbug California Jeep Forum 6 11-29-2010 11:11 PM
Roll Call: Who's Going to Big Bear Over the 4th? roadking California Jeep Forum 12 07-07-2010 09:04 AM
Nor Cal Roll Call rugbygode2 California Jeep Forum 54 11-25-2008 11:54 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome