Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY! - Page 752 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY!

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Reply
Unread 05-31-2013, 02:10 PM   #11266
Hotshot
Web Wheeler
 
Hotshot's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Phelan, CA
Posts: 6,601
Nice day up here, approx 75 degrees. Just got word that the last truck is loaded and rolling so my weekend has officially begun.

image-38639769.jpg   image-4140549224.jpg  
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 04:41 PM   #11267
SunDevilJeeper
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Phelan, CA
Posts: 3,132
I think I might buy a property in Yermo if that's the case. I'm wanting to buy a 5 acre property here in Phelan, but if land is that cheap over there... sheeeeit!

EDIT: And yes, I lived in LA county at the time this thread was created. Can't say I'll ever want to move back to LA county either. San Bernardino county is a much better place. I'd buy the house back down in La Mirada if I had the money, but that'd be a weekend home if anything. A place to crash for the night or weekend when I'm down the hill.
__________________
1992 YJ - 5.2L V8
2003 WJ Limited - 4.7L H.O. V8

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 04:59 PM   #11268
Hotshot
Web Wheeler
 
Hotshot's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Phelan, CA
Posts: 6,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper
I think I might buy a property in Yermo if that's the case. I'm wanting to buy a 5 acre property here in Phelan, but if land is that cheap over there... sheeeeit!

EDIT: And yes, I lived in LA county at the time this thread was created. Can't say I'll ever want to move back to LA county either. San Bernardino county is a much better place. I'd buy the house back down in La Mirada if I had the money, but that'd be a weekend home if anything. A place to crash for the night or weekend when I'm down the hill.
It's cheap to punch a well out there also. You can't tell by looking but just a few feet down you hit water. A lot of homes out there have ponds in there yards. Toss some catfish in there and your set.
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 05:09 PM   #11269
SunDevilJeeper
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Phelan, CA
Posts: 3,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
It's cheap to punch a well out there also. You can't tell by looking but just a few feet down you hit water. A lot of homes out there have ponds in there yards. Toss some catfish in there and your set.
Well ****, looks like I found my new home! Phelan is starting to get too crowded for me so **** it! I imagine there's no cops at all out there either! Property values like that? Aha!
__________________
1992 YJ - 5.2L V8
2003 WJ Limited - 4.7L H.O. V8

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 06:14 PM   #11270
Hotshot
Web Wheeler
 
Hotshot's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Phelan, CA
Posts: 6,601
I haven't seen any out there really.


Just bundled up some twigs to take out to black butte. I'll use them to get my cook fire started tomorrow night. Nothing better then ribeye steaks cooked over a wood fire.
image-727304339.jpg  
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 06:31 PM   #11271
SunDevilJeeper
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Phelan, CA
Posts: 3,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
I haven't seen any out there really.


Just bundled up some twigs to take out to black butte. I'll use them to get my cook fire started tomorrow night. Nothing better then ribeye steaks cooked over a wood fire.
Man, we got enough vegetation out here that you can just go swipe some up and have enough for a week long bonfire!
__________________
1992 YJ - 5.2L V8
2003 WJ Limited - 4.7L H.O. V8

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 06:42 PM   #11272
Hotshot
Web Wheeler
 
Hotshot's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Phelan, CA
Posts: 6,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper

Man, we got enough vegetation out here that you can just go swipe some up and have enough for a week long bonfire!
Yeah we have a lot here too, I trim my trees every year or so and I have a pile of it. Figure I better get rid of some before the fire marshal gets on me. Lol
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 06:57 PM   #11273
SunDevilJeeper
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Phelan, CA
Posts: 3,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
Yeah we have a lot here too, I trim my trees every year or so and I have a pile of it. Figure I better get rid of some before the fire marshal gets on me. Lol
Lol fire marshal. Just bust out the garden hose... if that doesn't work, let it burn. Ain't **** out here anyway, if anything that'll just open up space for the guys with Broncos, Blazers, and Ram Chargers.
__________________
1992 YJ - 5.2L V8
2003 WJ Limited - 4.7L H.O. V8

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 07:02 PM   #11274
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler
 
Michaelgoesrawr's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Waco, TX
Posts: 7,066
I'll be bundling up some sticks tomorrow sometime. We're heading up to one of the campsites tomorrow after noon for an over nighter to get out of the house. I need to get on a bumper combo. It'd come in so handy right now it's not even funny.

Oops. I guess it is.

Two of the puppy I posted a few days ago brothers. Turns out there is another girl who looks like the one I posted earlier. And after this guys there is one more little dude and another girl that looks like them. Strange litter split.
image-2677468745.jpg   image-2385570486.jpg  
__________________
Adopt your pets. Don't shop for them.
Michaelgoesrawr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 07:07 PM   #11275
Hotshot
Web Wheeler
 
Hotshot's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Phelan, CA
Posts: 6,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr
I'll be bundling up some sticks tomorrow sometime. We're heading up to one of the campsites tomorrow after noon for an over nighter to get out of the house. I need to get on a bumper combo. It'd come in so handy right now it's not even funny.

Oops. I guess it is.
Just tie everything on to the roof and sides of the vehicles like a hillbilly. Like this,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mulad/197048781/lightbox/

I'd drive that
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 10:37 PM   #11276
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler
 
Michaelgoesrawr's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Waco, TX
Posts: 7,066
Haha id never hear the end of it if I did that.
__________________
Adopt your pets. Don't shop for them.
Michaelgoesrawr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2013, 03:05 PM   #11277
Hotshot
Web Wheeler
 
Hotshot's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Phelan, CA
Posts: 6,601
I'm pissed, my jeep has a shimmy at 51/52 mph. New steering, fairly new suspension. The only thing I haven't replaced is ball joints.
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2013, 04:34 PM   #11278
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler
 
Michaelgoesrawr's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Waco, TX
Posts: 7,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot
I'm pissed, my jeep has a shimmy at 51/52 mph. New steering, fairly new suspension. The only thing I haven't replaced is ball joints.
Blame it on Danny because he doesn't wave.
__________________
Adopt your pets. Don't shop for them.
Michaelgoesrawr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2013, 05:19 PM   #11279
Hotshot
Web Wheeler
 
Hotshot's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Phelan, CA
Posts: 6,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr

Blame it on Danny because he doesn't wave.
That's only because he can't see.
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2013, 06:13 PM   #11280
Hotshot
Web Wheeler
 
Hotshot's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Phelan, CA
Posts: 6,601
Time to start packing the jeep for our campfire cook out, out near Black Butte later tonight. Should be nice out there after the sun drops.
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.