Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY! - Page 746 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY!

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDual Color LED Light Bars White/Amber

Unread 05-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #11176
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Beer, hotdogs, chips, firewood, I think that'll about do it. I'll be rolling out in a few minutes.

Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #11177
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot
Beer, hotdogs, chips, firewood, I think that'll about do it. I'll be rolling out in a few minutes.
Few minutes? More like a half hour.
Unread 05-24-2013, 04:24 PM   #11178
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr

Few minutes? More like a half hour.
I'm here, just trying to level the trlr out. Then it's beer time.
Unread 05-24-2013, 05:10 PM   #11179
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not going anywhere this weekend, hopfully I get alot done. I'll put the clutch on the diesel engine, and start putting the disc and dual MC brake conversion onto the willys. Will be BBQing up some steak and downing a good bit of beer

Man, the weather is absolutely perfect here by the coast. The shade tree is in full bloom, nice lots of shade

I was hoping to replace the ball joints on the TJ, but they didn't arrive yet I'll survive another week with wobbly front wheels I guess. I just hope nothing else is getting worn out by driving on these shot ball joints. I'm keeping it under 40mph.

Skylar, did you ever check your ball joints?
Unread 05-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #11180
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

It's nice out here in Calico. Perfect weather. Trlr is all leveled out, I splurged and got full hook ups. This new trailer is like having a mobile condo.

Gonna head in to town and have some dinner and pick up a few more groceries.
Unread 05-24-2013, 07:35 PM   #11181
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

The Rv my girlfriends parents got auto levels. I was tripping out when he has like "don't move" and it dropped from the stands lol.
Unread 05-25-2013, 12:22 AM   #11182
SkylarM
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbuck View Post
I'm not going anywhere this weekend, hopfully I get alot done. I'll put the clutch on the diesel engine, and start putting the disc and dual MC brake conversion onto the willys. Will be BBQing up some steak and downing a good bit of beer

Man, the weather is absolutely perfect here by the coast. The shade tree is in full bloom, nice lots of shade

I was hoping to replace the ball joints on the TJ, but they didn't arrive yet I'll survive another week with wobbly front wheels I guess. I just hope nothing else is getting worn out by driving on these shot ball joints. I'm keeping it under 40mph.

Skylar, did you ever check your ball joints?
I just did this evening... There isn't any wobble at all to the touch. Driving I still feel that slight shimmy, though the track bar helped significantly.

I got the front springs on tonight, but couldn't get the rear because the spring compressors that I rented from O'Reilly were just POS... I'll get them on next weekend. Also my skid never arrived, so I'm gonna have to take it a bit easy on the rocks tomorrow with my oil pan...
SkylarM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 08:59 AM   #11183
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Well the disc brake kit is to large to fit into my wheels, I knew this would be a possibility, oh well. I'll still do the dual MC, and maybe pick up some 11" drum brakes for the front.

Got the motor mounts cut off, just need to do a bit of grinding to smooth out the sharp edges. Man, those suckers were riveted AND welded in. They weren't going anywhere I cut off the battery tray as well, since part of it was held in place by the motor mount, and the tray itself was rusting away. I'll make a new tray, and it will be BOLTED in, not welded & riveted
Unread 05-27-2013, 12:11 PM   #11184
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Skylar, not sure what you guys ended up doing Yesterday but when we left you guys at the Gate Keeper we did a little exploring. We took that mud canyon trail over to mule canyon road. When we came out of mule canyon we ran along the hillside to the East. We ran across some deep washes and then we found three headstones on top of a hill. We also checked out some old cabins. After that we cruised around Yermo a bit and looked at a coupe of houses I seen online for sale. We rolled out of camp this morning and got home around 10:30 am.
Unread 05-27-2013, 04:37 PM   #11185
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Saw this beast on the freeway. Had a bad shackle reversal done. Shackles were laying on the frame. Talk about a rough ride.
image-3003305627.jpg  
Unread 05-27-2013, 07:42 PM   #11186
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 05-27-2013, 09:02 PM   #11187
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Skylar did ok then eh? no oil pan dents?

That thing climbs pretty good! Are you on the brakes as you give it throttle? Looks like both the front tires are grabbing

So I finally stepped up in the world, and picked up a charcoal chimney. Enough trying to get the coals going in a pile, this chimney seems to be doing quite well, even with crappy charcoals it gets them raging/glowing hot in 10-15 minutes!

As a test for my first BBQ with the chimney, and with some chicken ready to grill, I put in 1/2 a stack full of dirt cheap coals that I could NOT get to light in a pile. No matter how much lighter fluid I put on there when they were just in a pile on the bottom of the grill, after 30 seconds they would go out. But with the chimney they just light right up with no lighter fluid at all. I like. I think it's the best $15 I've spent to date, AND gives me an excuse to burn my junk mail as starter I've got to much junk mail though, I'm going to have to BBQ for every meal to get rid of 1/2 of the junk mail.

While the coals are going super hot in the chimney, I have 1/2 a mind to throw a steak on top of the chimney (I have some spare expanded metal left over that would be perfect) to get some super char going on the steak Maybe next time!

Unread 05-27-2013, 11:29 PM   #11188
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah we all ran together on Saturday, nobody had any damage that I'm aware of. Had a good time. Was gonna run with them on Sunday also but they were off to a slow start ( didn't think they were going to go wheeling ) so Danny and I bugged out and did a little exploring. Hope they all got home alright.

Been meaning to get one of those charcoal thingamajigers for awhile.
Unread 05-28-2013, 08:53 AM   #11189
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'd like a gas grill, I'll eventually get one. A friend gave me this grill (probably worth $30 brand new, haha!) so I've just been using this one.
Unread 05-28-2013, 09:20 AM   #11190
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Gas is alright when your in a hurry, but I think Charcoal gives the meat a better flavor. Cooking over a camp fire has them both beat though. . Something about it just seems to make it taste even better. I was just telling a buddy last night we need to get some ribeye steaks and head out to one of our fire rings in the desert. Garlic bread wrapped in tin foil, ribeye steaks, and ice cold beer.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.