Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY! - Page 742 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 05-20-2013, 02:45 AM   #11116
SkylarM
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Lucky you... I had a ***** of a time with my SYE today. I don't ever want to see another snap ring in my life. Stoked to see how that little diesel comes along though

SkylarM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 03:15 AM   #11117
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarM
Lucky you... I had a ***** of a time with my SYE today. I don't ever want to see another snap ring in my life. Stoked to see how that little diesel comes along though
I hear the key to snap rings is to have a really good set of snap ring pliers. Dunno though.

Edit. If any of you want a good time, Baja Sharkeezs in New Port is pretty gnarly on a Sunday so I figure it's epic on a Friday or Saturday night. Now to drive my girlfriends car back to the house. I wish I had my jeep.
Unread 05-20-2013, 10:07 AM   #11118
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Did you get the SYE installed !?

You know something, thinking about your steeringwheel shimmy, it's very similar to mine. My ball joints look like they need to be replaced, maybe yours need to as well? If you jack the front axle off the ground, can you wiggle the tires/wheels back and forth?

If the parts come in, next weekend I'm going to replace mine. I've never done that before, but I see some writeups online, doesn't look to hard.
Unread 05-20-2013, 11:13 AM   #11119
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlin78 View Post
So everyone want to go fast in there jeep now? Not me my jeep is for going slow. Thats what i built the 65 gmc short bed for hahahah 4 wd and i can still light the tires up no lockers so just one tire i. The.front and back spin but still fun none the less
Not me, had my usual dose of fun yesterday

Unread 05-20-2013, 11:41 AM   #11120
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like you had some fun Art. I imagine next weekend with HDR going on people will be waiting in line to get on those rocks.
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #11121
NBMgreg
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr View Post
I hear the key to snap rings is to have a really good set of snap ring pliers. Dunno though.

Edit. If any of you want a good time, Baja Sharkeezs in New Port is pretty gnarly on a Sunday so I figure it's epic on a Friday or Saturday night. Now to drive my girlfriends car back to the house. I wish I had my jeep.
haha i've been there. I just stay at a friends house close by, and we ride cruisers/walk into that area, on big party nights they set up a checkpoint right at the only entrance/exit of that little peninsula, and dumb *** drunk drivers are always getting nailed in there.
NBMgreg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 12:42 PM   #11122
SkylarM
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbuck View Post
Did you get the SYE installed !?

You know something, thinking about your steeringwheel shimmy, it's very similar to mine. My ball joints look like they need to be replaced, maybe yours need to as well? If you jack the front axle off the ground, can you wiggle the tires/wheels back and forth?

If the parts come in, next weekend I'm going to replace mine. I've never done that before, but I see some writeups online, doesn't look to hard.
I did get it installed pretty smoothly aside from those GD snaprings. Also torquing the nut that hold the yoke on is a pain too... 200ft/lbs!!
And I'll check out my ball joints after work tonight and let you know what I find. Let me know how the replacement goes. If it isn't too bad and there are no snap rings, I might tackle that too... :P
SkylarM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 01:01 PM   #11123
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

If you guys here of anyone needing stock 05 Rubicon steering parts let me know. I swapped all mine for Currie. Ill probably post it up in the classifieds here and on CL sometime this week. What do you guys think I can get for my stock stuff? Think anyone will want it?
Unread 05-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #11124
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

You can get a bit of coin for it, it isn't the worst idea to hang on to it either, the Currie setup is breakable
Unread 05-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #11125
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
Looks like you had some fun Art. I imagine next weekend with HDR going on people will be waiting in line to get on those rocks.
That's why I avoid those things like the plague!
Unread 05-20-2013, 01:18 PM   #11126
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Skylar, how did you loosen the pinion nut? A friend of mine came over with his 4door, we were replacing the driveshaft, and we couldn't get the pinion nut loose, even with a huge breaker bar (the problem was we couldn't really use the bar, couldn't get room to use it really) Had to go to a friends house and use his impact gun.
Unread 05-20-2013, 01:29 PM   #11127
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345
You can get a bit of coin for it, it isn't the worst idea to hang on to it either, the Currie setup is breakable
Yeah I thought about that but I don't really want to pack it everywhere.
Unread 05-20-2013, 01:29 PM   #11128
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah. I don't drink anymore so I thought it was pretty lame at a few points. Still can't hear right. But everyone else had a good time so that's all that matters lol. The house is a solid 30 min away too so it's not like we could've walked there. Haha.
Unread 05-20-2013, 01:30 PM   #11129
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbuck View Post
Skylar, how did you loosen the pinion nut? A friend of mine came over with his 4door, we were replacing the driveshaft, and we couldn't get the pinion nut loose, even with a huge breaker bar (the problem was we couldn't really use the bar, couldn't get room to use it really) Had to go to a friends house and use his impact gun.
Did he have a BL? I was able to get a breaker bar in there without any trouble with a breaker bar, I would imagine tho that it would be tough without the extra room....
clg82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 01:33 PM   #11130
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
Did he have a BL? I was able to get a breaker bar in there without any trouble with a breaker bar, I would imagine tho that it would be tough without the extra room....
Nope, bone stock. Driveshaft was the first thing we replaced, suspension is next

I forgot how little room is under a stock jeep, it was cramped under there! haha

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.