Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY! - Page 689 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY!

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 04-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #10321
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

If I wasn't thinking about buying a new 4 door Rubicon pretty soon I might do something like that. My 05 runs well and I'm not planning on selling it when I buy the new one. The plan is to keep the 05 for a trail rig/ casual daily driver and the new Rub will get a mild build and be the regular DD.

Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 08:40 PM   #10322
MPond
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

It's only running 5-6 lbs of boost, so no need for an intercooler. But they're also working on another kit with more boost and water/air cooling.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 04-06-2013, 08:55 PM   #10323
LittleBluE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Between you and me, banks tuning on diesels has nothing on PPE performance in Fullerton CA. they've built the most powerful duramax in the world. I'll have to take you down to their shop. It's much better than banks, and I'll introduce you to everyone.

Lol looks like I got me a cereal bowl.....

They've had that kit in prototyping for years now....
LittleBluE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 09:10 PM   #10324
MPond
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBluE View Post
Between you and me, banks tuning on diesels has nothing on PPE performance in Fullerton CA. they've built the most powerful duramax in the world. I'll have to take you down to their shop. It's much better than banks, and I'll introduce you to everyone.

Lol looks like I got me a cereal bowl.....

They've had that kit in prototyping for years now....
It may have been in development for a while, but I've seen and experienced it first-hand, and it's pretty sweet.

I've had a tremendously good experience with Banks' Customer Support, which counts for a lot in my book. I've had their tuning kit on my Duramax for 5 or 6 years now, and recently the CA smog laws changed for Diesels. Instead of being SOL with my kit, Banks stepped up and solved the problem, updated the software, and got all of us existing users the CARB exemption so our trucks could pass a smog-check.

That has been my experience with them numerous times over the years - their customer service is top-notch.

I place a significant value on the CARB exemption as well. I could put a pretty good kit together with the help of my friends who know a lot about Turbos, but it wouldn't pass a smog-check.
Unread 04-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #10325
LittleBluE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPond View Post

It may have been in development for a while, but I've seen and experienced it first-hand, and it's pretty sweet.

I've had a tremendously good experience with Banks' Customer Support, which counts for a lot in my book. I've had their tuning kit on my Duramax for 5 or 6 years now, and recently the CA smog laws changed for Diesels. Instead of being SOL with my kit, Banks stepped up and solved the problem, updated the software, and got all of us existing users the CARB exemption so our trucks could pass a smog-check.

That has been my experience with them numerous times over the years - their customer service is top-notch.

I place a significant value on the CARB exemption as well. I could put a pretty good kit together with the help of my friends who know a lot about Turbos, but it wouldn't pass a smog-check.
All of PPE's stuff is also exempt. They have the patent on the dual cp3 fuel pump kit which banks later tried to steal, and ppe has better tunes. Ppe only uses garret ball bearing turbos which are also a hell of a lot better than what banks uses. Not trying to rain on your parade but I guess I have different opinions considering they tried to copy our parts. Considering I wrench on ppe parts at the track that pisses me off.
Unread 04-06-2013, 09:49 PM   #10326
MPond
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

No rain on my parade.

I've had a good experience with Banks, and they have a new product coming out that I'm interested in. I know nothing about PPE, but after looking at their site it doesn't appear they have anything for my Jeep.

Unread 04-06-2013, 10:18 PM   #10327
LittleBluE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPond View Post
No rain on my parade.

I've had a good experience with Banks, and they have a new product coming out that I'm interested in. I know nothing about PPE, but after looking at their site it doesn't appear they have anything for my Jeep.

Nope, ppe is purely diesel . No jeep stuff

Banks makes good jeep stuff IMO, my gpa actually had a banks intake on his tj before he went snorkel.
Unread 04-06-2013, 10:24 PM   #10328
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
If I wasn't thinking about buying a new 4 door Rubicon pretty soon I might do something like that. My 05 runs well and I'm not planning on selling it when I buy the new one. The plan is to keep the 05 for a trail rig/ casual daily driver and the new Rub will get a mild build and be the regular DD.
Poppa you need to come out and play with us to break the trail rig in properly

The Buttes is all kinds a fun

Unread 04-06-2013, 10:36 PM   #10329
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345

Poppa you need to come out and play with us to break the trail rig in properly

The Buttes is all kinds a fun
How much damage to the flopped red jeep? I think I seen Daniel in one of those pic's but didn't see his jeep in any?

Hope to go back to CB soon, just have to get that skid on. Started the BL and MML last night, finished that this morning.
Unread 04-06-2013, 10:37 PM   #10330
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The red jeep that flopped over sustained very little damage, almost all of it was on it's roof rack support, and a little bit maybe on the fender flare? i think that was it. Glad it didn't get much more than that, it's a beautiful jeep!

Art even lifted a tire. not enough flex Art!!

the rest of my photos here: http://404photography.net/_galleries/cougar_buttes6/
Unread 04-06-2013, 10:41 PM   #10331
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Was it windy over there today? It was over here.
Unread 04-06-2013, 10:43 PM   #10332
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

it was windy on the way back, for sure. haha!
Unread 04-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #10333
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
How much damage to the flopped red jeep? I think I seen Daniel in one of those pic's but didn't see his jeep in any?

Hope to go back to CB soon, just have to get that skid on. Started the BL and MML last night, finished that this morning.
I've been beggin you to take us back to cougar buttes for a long time now father.....it's always excuse after excuse just like when i was a kid.....
clg82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 10:33 AM   #10334
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

haha! I think Mike at MJR is going to put on maybe one or two more runs out there before it gets to hot. I like going out there with Mike, he really knows the area. And he's a really damn good driver! (and spotter!)
Unread 04-07-2013, 10:51 AM   #10335
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbuck View Post
haha! I think Mike at MJR is going to put on maybe one or two more runs out there before it gets to hot. I like going out there with Mike, he really knows the area. And he's a really damn good driver! (and spotter!)
Daniel it becomes even more fun when you get to the part where you ignore the spotter and pick the line you like best.
Poppa's son, this run was posted all you had to do was show up for a good time

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.