Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY! - Page 56 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY!

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Jeep Wrangler Framless, Bowless, Trektops 92-95 YJ, 97-06 TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 11-01-2011, 11:08 PM   #826
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I was talking about camping out Friday night early on in the discussion but after reading about all the recent homicides out there I changed my mind.

Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2011, 11:33 PM   #827
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black0Rifle View Post
beer IS food essentials
You'll notice, I mentioned beer first, then others. I'm just looking out for others, haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbuck View Post
Have CB and air (slow air, but it's air!), and a good sized ice chest if anyone needs to chill some beer or other food essentials.

no camping for me though, I'm just gonna be up early-a** in the morning to meet up with folks on Saturday morning, then head back home saturday evening when ever we are done. Assuming I don't drink to much whisky friday night after work. I've missed a few runs that way before doh!

I have a feeling it's going to be cold when the sun isn't up in the sky, I suggest everyone throw some frozen burritos or some other compact heatable foods in their engine bay wraped in aluminum foil. Nothing beats a hot snack on the trail with no wait! An acquaintance of mine showed me this trick recently, and I can't believe I've never thought of it on my own! If I'm lucky and have time, I'll have some good cajun dirty rice or crawfish etouffee for everyone heating under the hood. But I doubt it though, I just don't have time this week :-(
Unread 11-01-2011, 11:54 PM   #828
Trevino
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black0Rifle View Post
it's gonna be on saturday. i'm not sure who all is doing it though. i know i am and i got an extra tent if someone needs one.
So is the camping going to be on the trail or is there a campground near by?? Havent camped since I was a kid, but im game and I will gladly take you up on the offer for your tent if there is camping involved. I remember Clg82 mentioning people can crash at his house as well(I apologize in advance if I remember incorrectly and put you in the hot seat about this).
Trevino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2011, 01:26 AM   #829
DeCicco
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I have a propane stove ( havent used yet ), lighting, an ice chest which holds 2 30packs (tested), tent...I wouldn't mind camping out but it's whatever would work out best. @Trevino no worries I can meet up where ever you stay I know your super local to Downey.
DeCicco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2011, 01:33 AM   #830
DeCicco
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I'm having trouble uploading a pic to this server so I can have a pic up with no luck. I copied a link from my company server here if you guys wanna check out my rig. http://www.cuttingedgedesigns.com/upload/020.JPG as I'm sure you guys know just copy and paste that into the browser
Unread 11-02-2011, 01:46 AM   #831
Trevino
1999 WJ 

You can't upload a pic until you have 20 posts if I remember correctly.
Trevino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2011, 03:06 AM   #832
DeCicco
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Hmm lame but that would probable explain it, though it did mention the file size being too large. Thank god for my printing company, I just uploaded the pic to my server so its available for a gander. You can see how the fenders though don't like up right, I'm hoping I can get some shims or something underneath it in some sort of attempt to level it out a bit the clearance makes it all worth it. Next is going to be those damn spacers I want those out and some 3" springs in there...
Unread 11-02-2011, 04:27 AM   #833
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevino View Post
Yea, I figured as much dude. So long as your good in the back seat as the wife ALWAYS has first dibs on shotgun.
Yeah I'm going to have the camera equipment with me so I'm gonna need the extra room. All the **** that I brought last time we went out on Cleghorn, plus a couple other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
I was talking about camping out Friday night early on in the discussion but after reading about all the recent homicides out there I changed my mind.
Half of us own firearms, that wouldn't be a big deal. If need be, we can ride out there packin heat.

Besides, I'm not really fond of going out to the desert without a firearm after being out in the sonoran desert many times.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2011, 07:12 AM   #834
Horaciosan
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevino
so whats the deal with camping?? Whos gonna do it and what night?? It started as camping on Friday night then there was some talk about Saturday night.
Most likely ill be camping out on Saturday.but the only thing is if I take all my camping gear,ill like to set camp as soon as we can,
Horaciosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2011, 08:50 AM   #835
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper View Post
Half of us own firearms, that wouldn't be a big deal. If need be, we can ride out there packin heat.

Besides, I'm not really fond of going out to the desert without a firearm after being out in the sonoran desert many times.

I don't usually bring a fire arm when I wheel (not since I've been out here in CA anyway), what's the laws for bringing a rifle or pistol into national forests and such? Me and some folks at work would love to find some nice shooting areas that are off the beaten path (not crowded)
Unread 11-02-2011, 08:57 AM   #836
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Here is a great link on this forum of what we can expect on the Last Chance Canyon trail:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f58/s...3-05-a-204217/
clg82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2011, 09:02 AM   #837
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone can crash at our place if they would like....we could get the grill going and drink some beer after the trail ride at my place if you would like. I just need a head count ahead of time...as corny as it sounds if you want to camp out my back yard is big enough to fit several tents....i'll just turn off the sprinklers....or everyone is ok to sleep inside.....I would at least need a head count by friday so I know how many we can expect...i only live about 20 minutes from the trailhead so i know that is quite a drive for all of you.....it's gonna be a long day.....i don't know of any camp sites or camp grounds near where the trail head is....or if they allow fires etc....cause it has been getting cold the last week here at night......just let me know ahead of time.
clg82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2011, 10:43 AM   #838
Maxxwell
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Alright its maybe for me, I'm going by a tire shop today and I should know forsure tonight. I'm curious too on the firearms law in a statepark aswell, if its lawful I might bring my shotgun. But would hate a to get some kinda fine seeing how California is on firearms
Maxxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2011, 10:53 AM   #839
Maxxwell
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82
Anyone can crash at our place if they would like....we could get the grill going and drink some beer after the trail ride at my place if you would like. I just need a head count ahead of time...as corny as it sounds if you want to camp out my back yard is big enough to fit several tents....i'll just turn off the sprinklers....or everyone is ok to sleep inside.....I would at least need a head count by friday so I know how many we can expect...i only live about 20 minutes from the trailhead so i know that is quite a drive for all of you.....it's gonna be a long day.....i don't know of any camp sites or camp grounds near where the trail head is....or if they allow fires etc....cause it has been getting cold the last week here at night......just let me know ahead of time.
Becareful what you say, you may end up with a hooverville in your backyard.
Maxxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2011, 10:58 AM   #840
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxwell View Post
Alright its maybe for me, I'm going by a tire shop today and I should know forsure tonight. I'm curious too on the firearms law in a statepark aswell, if its lawful I might bring my shotgun. But would hate a to get some kinda fine seeing how California is on firearms
same here, I just never bring mine anywhere because I don't know how California deals with guns. In Louisiana and Arizona they don't really seem to care for the most part, haha!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.