Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY! - Page 501 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY!

New jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!Thursday Savings Blast

Unread 12-08-2012, 12:01 AM   #7501
gp4play

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbuck View Post
So, some guy turned into my TJ today on the way home, he merged lanes and apparently didn't see that I was in the lane he wished to occupy. And crunch, his passenger front fender and bumper suffered.

All he hit on my jeep was my driver front tire/wheel, no damage that I can see. Feels the same on the road, sounds the same, and looks the same. He's lucky we weren't going faster than walking speed, or my rear might have rolled right over his hood, haha! So I'm wondering, I have locking hubs up front, anything I should check out? I've already told my insurance company that I don't THINK there is any damage to my jeep, but I told them I would take a closer look in the morning. The other guys lexus (or whatever it was), man he's probably going to need a a new front "bumper", maybe a fender, and maybe the radiator. Something was hissing, but no fluid, maybe it was just the overflow reservoir. Scared the mess out of me, I've never had someone just turn right into me, gotta love my TJ though, not a scratch :-)
Damn Daniel, glad to hear your ok and it sounds like your Jeep took it good.

Unread 12-08-2012, 12:03 AM   #7502
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
Your jeeps probably fine. You figure we hit boulders on the trails sometimes at the same speeds. I'd just check the hubs to make sure they're functioning properly.
That's what I figured as well. The beadlock rings on my wheels are full of rock rash, I can't imagine this little fender bender doing anything worse.
Unread 12-08-2012, 12:14 AM   #7503
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

With a report in with your insurance company, if you should find something wrong even a week or so down the road you should be covered. Drive it for the next few days and do a good inspection.
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #7504
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

No place like the desert. You just never know what your gonna find out here.
image-2423891596.jpg   image-3046867913.jpg   image-3068199581.jpg   image-312370059.jpg   image-1217754216.jpg  

image-3206143544.jpg  
Unread 12-08-2012, 03:38 PM   #7505
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Happy birthday Clg82.
Unread 12-08-2012, 04:05 PM   #7506
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks buddy!
Unread 12-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #7507
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

8 hours of running old forgotten roads through the desert.. Seen a lot of neat old stuff and found a lot of old un broken beer, and whiskey bottles and cans. One beer can that dates back to the early 30's, looks a lot like a brake fluid can. Next time I think I'll go out I-40 past Ludlow and prospect around in he hills on the North side. Always wanted to check that area out. I know there's got to be some mines there with dumps that haven't been picked through.
image-2568465354.jpg   image-3214309260.jpg   image-2024564942.jpg  
Unread 12-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #7508
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

that bottle on the right is nice looking! is that a cap or somethign on top?
Unread 12-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #7509
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbuck
that bottle on the right is nice looking! is that a cap or somethign on top?
Yeah I found two whiskey bottles, both with caps on them. One brown glass and another clear, one says Seagrams and Sons from Canada. People always tossed there empty beer and whiskey bottle out before pulling into towns. Along the old roads all you have to do is look for them. I found a beer bottle like that little round one that has a stubby neck also. Rare finding them that aren't broken. Gonna start collecting old coke bottle bottoms. The old ones had where they were bottled embossed on the bottom. Today we found one from Wichita and one from San Bernardino. They use to bottle in just about every city. I think it would be cool to cut the bottoms off flush and either frame them in and stick some LED lights behind them or try to make a lampshade out of the bottoms. The old coke bottles were real think, almost a 1/4" thick and the bottles were kinda green glass.
Unread 12-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #7510
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Today we revisited a old rock shack that we had checked out when we went to Calico. The reason we went back was because there were two old seats there my buddy wanted for his 53 jeep. They need to be recovered but they're kinda cool. While there I found a old diner chair on one side of a building and the post mounts on the other side of the building. I didn't take the two prices but I may go back and get them? The top seat will need to be recovered but it would be a cool piece to have, probably from the 50's?

Under this old rock house there's a huge basement. We chickened out and didn't enter it because we seen a bunch of snake skins on the floor of it. I bet there's some neat old stuff down there. Lol
image-2698601886.jpg   image-2600495995.jpg   image-2182284293.jpg   image-4165073488.jpg   image-6105508.jpg  

image-4247793803.jpg   image-10168732.jpg  
Unread 12-08-2012, 07:32 PM   #7511
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I don't really collect them, but I love finding old bottles. I've thought about collecting them, and possibly re-using them if I ever start aging whiskey, or brewing beer. Would be nice to have that stuff in some vintage bottles
Unread 12-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #7512
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbuck
I don't really collect them, but I love finding old bottles. I've thought about collecting them, and possibly re-using them if I ever start aging whiskey, or brewing beer. Would be nice to have that stuff in some vintage bottles
I just like going out in the desert and prospecting around, it's neat to find old stuff. I even replant stuff for those who'll do it years from now. I'll leave coins on rocks, and under rocks in the middle of nowhere, old hot wheels, an old boot here and there. Old work boots turn green and make a cartoonish shape after aging in the desert. When I find them ill bring them home and give them to friends. ill get a picture of one and show you what I mean.
Unread 12-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #7513
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

That puppy got a home today. This guy saw her poster in weinerscnitzle(spelling?) and came to look at her. He was nice so he took her. He was kind of a typical Phelan person I'd say. Said he had 80 acres out by el mirage. My girlfriend is a good judge of character so I feel better about her being gone. Turns out I was much more attached to her then I thought. Wish I could've kept her or one of you guys could've taken her. Worst and maybe best part about finding dogs homes is that you'll never know what happened to them or how they are doing. I still wish people would keep in contact. Oh well.
Unread 12-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #7514
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Cool glad you found him a home.
Unread 12-11-2012, 05:51 PM   #7515
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot
Cool glad you found him a home.
Psh. It was a her lol.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.