Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY!

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 09-18-2011, 12:28 PM   #31
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

To get in some good wheeling you really need to get up into the high desert. Gonna have to plan a Saturday trip up here. Starting to cool off, this is when we hit the trails almost every Saturday. Have you guys been to Calico?

Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2011, 01:51 PM   #32
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mJUSTINm View Post
Hungry Valley SVRA has easy trails, mud pits, and a 4x4 area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
To get in some good wheeling you really need to get up into the high desert. Gonna have to plan a Saturday trip up here. Starting to cool off, this is when we hit the trails almost every Saturday. Have you guys been to Calico?
Do you guys have directions to how far these places are??
ninjastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2011, 01:56 PM   #33
qewbawl
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot
Yo hotshot, what desert are you talking about?
qewbawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2011, 03:42 PM   #34
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Hungry Valley is up the 5, just before the grapevine.
Unread 09-18-2011, 03:48 PM   #35
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I heard Calico is a great time. I would love to go wheel with some guys out that way....
clg82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2011, 05:06 PM   #36
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
I heard Calico is a great time. I would love to go wheel with some guys out that way....

Anyone got coordinates and would it be possible to get a socal meet at one of these locations, so that I can learn from you guys. Also is there any places that is at least 1hr from carson area
ninjastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2011, 05:36 PM   #37
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Just got back from running some fire roads up around Wrightwood.

We should plan out a weekend at Calico. For those of you that never been there it's out by Barstow. It's a awesome area with trails rated easy to extreme. You guys would dig it there. If it isn't to hot I'm thinking about about going there in a week or so. They have a pretty nice camp ground there.

Where am I located,

I,m about 95 miles from Carson near Wrightwood, just south of hwy 138, 2 miles west of hwy 2, or 10 miles west of I-15. The view from my patio looking North I can see El Mirage dry lake, Black Butte, and Saddle Back Butte. If that helps you?
Unread 09-18-2011, 07:53 PM   #38
Maxxwell
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastar View Post
Anyone got coordinates and would it be possible to get a socal meet at one of these locations, so that I can learn from you guys. Also is there any places that is at least 1hr from carson area
That would be awesome to get a meet up in Calico. Ive been been looking for a place in socal to take the new jeep.
Maxxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2011, 07:56 PM   #39
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Just got back from running some fire roads up around Wrightwood.

We should plan out a weekend at Calico. For those of you that never been there it's out by Barstow. It's a awesome area with trails rated easy to extreme. You guys would dig it there. If it isn't to hot I'm thinking about about going there in a week or so. They have a pretty nice camp ground there.

Where am I located,

I,m about 95 miles from Carson near Wrightwood, just south of hwy 138, 2 miles west of hwy 2, or 10 miles west of I-15. The view from my patio looking North I can see El Mirage dry lake, Black Butte, and Saddle Back Butte. If that helps you?
I'm in if we can try and get a group together. That would be sweet. It would have to be a weekend tho for me. O am getting a super 35 kit with Detroit locker installed tomorrow. So I am READY!

sent from Chris.
Unread 09-18-2011, 08:31 PM   #40
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah weekends are the only time I could do it also. I'd leave out Friday after work and set up my toy hauler in the camp ground. They get like $25.00 a night. For those who tent camp, Calico Camp ground has nice bathrooms with showers.
Unread 09-18-2011, 08:33 PM   #41
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I just noticed your out of Ridgecrest, you've probably been all over Panamint?
Unread 09-18-2011, 08:41 PM   #42
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I just noticed your out of Ridgecrest, you've probably been all over Panamint?
Not all over the panamint. I need to join a club of jeepers so I have other people to wheel with. You come out here often?

sent from Chris.
Unread 09-18-2011, 08:50 PM   #43
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Haven't yet but I'm planning to this year. My buddies run Panamint every year, they usually spend a entire week out there camping out of there jeeps.

Jeeping alone isn't safe.
Unread 09-18-2011, 08:53 PM   #44
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Haven't yet but I'm planning to this year. My buddies run Panamint every year, they usually spend a entire week out there camping out of there jeeps.

Jeeping alone isn't safe.
There is a really cool get together in November called panamint valley days Friday-Sunday camping and wheeling. And keeping in panamint valley with no cell phone service and the Mohave desert definitely is a no no.

sent from Chris.
Unread 09-18-2011, 08:54 PM   #45
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'm gonna bounce over to the classified section to see if they have a 06 rubicon unlimited for sale on there. We're wanting to buy a second Jeep. Be back later.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.