Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY! - Page 246 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 04-10-2012, 01:47 AM   #3676
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarM View Post
So we'll see you on the trail in a few years then!
Next year. Got some things I need to take care of (family) before I can even start dumping money into the Jeep again. I'm thinking about putting my Jeep somewhere in a corner on the property and covering it with a tarp, therefore it won't be in the way of everything anymore.

Project UAV has officially gone cold.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2012, 01:54 AM   #3677
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper View Post
Next year. Got some things I need to take care of (family) before I can even start dumping money into the Jeep again. I'm thinking about putting my Jeep somewhere in a corner on the property and covering it with a tarp, therefore it won't be in the way of everything anymore.

in 60 years, that's called a "barn find".

Seriously though, do what you got to do though man. respect.
Unread 04-10-2012, 01:54 AM   #3678
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89_YJ_420 View Post
LOL.. I am already feelin it and my wife is already complaining about all the time and money I am spending. This is the only vehicle I have owned that I have spent more time working on than driving. Not that it drives bad or anything barely leaks at all, but there is always something to mess around with. Just checked the MPG's by filling up and driving till it ran out of gas, got 13.3mpg's combined city/highway.. and I told my wife we would get decent mileage when I bought it, so glad I have a Jetta as a DD.
Yeah it definitely helps having a gas sipper to fall back on! Hell it costs $75 for my sister to fill up her car in Redondo! The Mini Cooper I'm driving right now costs about $50 to fill up, averages 33mpg... and has some pull to it. It doesn't matter how fast you go around turns, it stays planted. I thought they were the gayest things on 4 wheels until I started driving one, now I think it's an awesome car. So far everybody who I've let drive it has changed their minds on it.

Quote:
Thank you for the warm welcome, I do want to try this on a trail, I have very limited off road experience, where would you recommend a rookie like me go to start gaining some skills?
Cleghorn Rd. near Silverwood Lake. It's right off the 15, it's n00b friendly and gives you a good idea of what you Jeep is capable of. I consider a confidence booster trail. Wheel that trail a few times and pay attention to how you get over the obstacles, you'll be confident enough to tackle bigger things pretty quickly.

I learned when I first got my Jeep, that my style is to just hammer on the skinny pedal until I'm clear. It's not body damage, it's a story...

Ask Trevino about my rear end

Still not enough power.
Unread 04-10-2012, 02:00 AM   #3679
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

chunks of aluminum arrived today! A little late for some reason, I wasn hoping to have these on by now, but UPS delayed a few days.

Unread 04-10-2012, 02:04 AM   #3680
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbuck View Post
chunks of aluminum arrived today! A little late for some reason, I wasn hoping to have these on by now, but UPS delayed a few days.

looks good man.....what brand was that again? and you have all adjustable control arms all the way around already right?
clg82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2012, 02:05 AM   #3681
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Planning on selling it? could use another project..
Unread 04-10-2012, 02:06 AM   #3682
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
Planning on selling it? could use another project..
I'll sell it for scrap before I sell it to somebody else. That Jeep either dies with me, or I kill it myself.

Still not enough power.
Unread 04-10-2012, 02:07 AM   #3683
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'll sell it for scrap before I sell it to somebody else. That Jeep either dies with me, or I kill it myself.
ok i'll ask again in a couple of months
Unread 04-10-2012, 02:07 AM   #3684
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
looks good man.....what brand was that again? and you have all adjustable control arms all the way around already right?
UCF, their lowest profile skid setup in 1/4" aluminum. I've had currie rear control arms for a while now, just put the fronts on a few weekends ago. Man I can't want to kick that factory transfer case skid around once it's finally it's off my jeep haha!
Unread 04-10-2012, 02:08 AM   #3685
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
ok i'll ask again in a couple of months
It'll be the same answer as the last guy who offered to buy it.

Still not enough power.
Unread 04-10-2012, 02:09 AM   #3686
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbuck View Post
UCF, their lowest profile skid setup in 1/4" aluminum. I've had currie rear control arms for a while now, just put the fronts on a few weekends ago.
so upper and lowers correct?
Unread 04-10-2012, 02:10 AM   #3687
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
It'll be the same answer as the last guy who offered to buy it.
i was the last guy look 3 posts ago lol
Unread 04-10-2012, 02:15 AM   #3688
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
so upper and lowers correct?
yes, as of now, all control arms have been replaced by the currie arms. However I still have the two factory bushings on the front axle though, as I was not comfortable enough with my welding skills to weld on the currie bushing mounts myself. Maybe later
Unread 04-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #3689
cigarette1
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Thank you for the warm welcome, I do want to try this on a trail, I have very limited off road experience, where would you recommend a rookie like me go to start gaining some skills?
Quote:

Cleghorn Rd. near Silverwood Lake. It's right off the 15, it's n00b friendly and gives you a good idea of what you Jeep is capable of. I consider a confidence booster trail. Wheel that trail a few times and pay attention to how you get over the obstacles, you'll be confident enough to tackle bigger things pretty quickly.

I learned when I first got my Jeep, that my style is to just hammer on the skinny pedal until I'm clear. It's not body damage, it's a story...

89 YJ 420,

We probably have about the same experience off-road ... I do have some, but not confident in mine and the CJ's current abilities.

I'm down to try the Cleghorn Road with you. My only reservation is I don't have any lockers, but it sounds like it should still be passable.

Let me know

Anyone else who'd like to go out with some noob's ... you're more than welcome.

G

cigarette1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #3690
89_YJ_420
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah it definitely helps having a gas sipper to fall back on! Hell it costs $75 for my sister to fill up her car in Redondo! The Mini Cooper I'm driving right now costs about $50 to fill up, averages 33mpg... and has some pull to it. It doesn't matter how fast you go around turns, it stays planted. I thought they were the gayest things on 4 wheels until I started driving one, now I think it's an awesome car. So far everybody who I've let drive it has changed their minds on it.

Cleghorn sounds cool, I really need to break some stuff to find out what I need to upgrade. Since I am a rookie I really don't know what this YJ has or needs, I am hoping someone on the trail would be nice enough to look at my rig and start telling me what I should have on it, I also either have to borrow my friends hi lift or buy one. Has anyone used the ones from Harbor Freight?
89_YJ_420 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.