Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY! - Page 202 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY!

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 03-10-2012, 12:59 AM   #3016
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

That would explain it then! I was seriously considering pulling the handbrake and busting a 180 so I could turn around and catch up with him, but I was late for truckin school... two hours late as a matter of fact. Luckily they don't care all that much if you're late.

Hell they've got 1500 of my dollars, and I don't get any instructions on anything hardly. I had one instructor named blue the other day, other than that... just a PTI (or whatever it's called) video. They better not care! So far it's just 90% trying to remember what they taught me on the MTVRs in the Navy. Remember, I was a dozer operator, so a big rig isn't my specialty.

Also... what would you guys recommend, since I can't decide now.

The Poison Spyder BFH bumper?

Or the Metalcloak... whatever it's called bumper?

The Metalcloak bumper is about 4 times more as far as price. The bumper will have a Mile Marker SEC8 Scout winch on it, and two TJM 160HID long range lights on it in front of the winch.

They'll both be black so disregard the bare metal on the Poison Spyder bumper.

I would ask in my build thread, but there are more people in here, and you guys would actually be able to see my rig in person to appreciate the decision you helped me make.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2012, 05:14 AM   #3017
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

The second bumper looks best....but at 4 times the price....the first looks more appealing...
PhantomWJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2012, 07:11 AM   #3018
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper View Post
That would explain it then! I was seriously considering pulling the handbrake and busting a 180 so I could turn around and catch up with him, but I was late for truckin school... two hours late as a matter of fact. Luckily they don't care all that much if you're late.

Hell they've got 1500 of my dollars, and I don't get any instructions on anything hardly. I had one instructor named blue the other day, other than that... just a PTI (or whatever it's called) video. They better not care! So far it's just 90% trying to remember what they taught me on the MTVRs in the Navy. Remember, I was a dozer operator, so a big rig isn't my specialty.

Also... what would you guys recommend, since I can't decide now.

The Poison Spyder BFH bumper?

Or the Metalcloak... whatever it's called bumper?

The Metalcloak bumper is about 4 times more as far as price. The bumper will have a Mile Marker SEC8 Scout winch on it, and two TJM 160HID long range lights on it in front of the winch.

They'll both be black so disregard the bare metal on the Poison Spyder bumper.

I would ask in my build thread, but there are more people in here, and you guys would actually be able to see my rig in person to appreciate the decision you helped me make.
The poison spider one or one from savy
Unread 03-10-2012, 08:48 AM   #3019
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'd get the savvy bumper, no logo to fill in (I gotta pet peeve about companies cutting their logos into their products) And, savvy makes nice stuff
Unread 03-10-2012, 02:25 PM   #3020
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

There both nice but i kinda like the poison Spyder one, looking at the pic's.
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2012, 02:27 PM   #3021
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Just replaced the rear trac bar bushings, and rear sway bar bushings. Everything is nice and quiet finally.
Unread 03-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #3022
Horaciosan
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I just ordered hand made rock sliders for 140$ . Can't wait to get theme .
Horaciosan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #3023
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horaciosan
I just ordered hand made rock sliders for 140$ . Can't wait to get theme .
What kind did you get? $140.00 sound like a smoking price.
Unread 03-10-2012, 04:23 PM   #3024
Horaciosan
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot

What kind did you get? $140.00 sound like a smoking price.
Yes I was thinking it was a good price . They going to be like this .

dscn0215-400x300-.jpg
Unread 03-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #3025
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Those will give you a lot of protection.
Unread 03-10-2012, 04:59 PM   #3026
Horaciosan
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Those will give you a lot of protection.
Yes they will .. now I got to to get a Carrier Bumper . I'm thinking going with something like this but with gas thank holders . The guy make theme for 470$

thumbnail.jpeg
Unread 03-10-2012, 05:05 PM   #3027
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah they make a swing away style that holds cans. They bolt up to the tub and swing out with the tailgate, you see them on a lot of YJ's.
Unread 03-10-2012, 05:20 PM   #3028
Horaciosan
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah they make a swing away style that holds cans. They bolt up to the tub and swing out with the tailgate, you see them on a lot of YJ's.
I think I know what you talking about . If I get the Swing Down Tire Carrier I'm going to have him make it with the gas tanks on the side like yours. I know ill need to take off the gas cans before I get to the tire but I can deal with that... I'm open for good ideas if any one has one ..
Unread 03-10-2012, 05:25 PM   #3029
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horaciosan

I think I know what you talking about . If I get the Swing Down Tire Carrier I'm going to have him make it with the gas tanks on the side like yours. I know ill need to take off the gas cans before I get to the tire but I can deal with that.
I like the rock crawler style like the pic you posted also but I'm always opening my back door for something. just seems like the drop down would always be in the way?
Unread 03-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #3030
MPond
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Whatever you buy or have made, be sure to put some thought into the latching mechanism. I absolutely hate the way mine latches - I have to hit the tire with my shoulder to unlatch it, and my wife can't open it at all. Before I modified the latch with a heavier spring it would open on it's own on the freeway - scared the $#!^ out of a guy on a motorcycle once who was lane-splitting.

I've been looking at a number of different carriers to replace mine, and haven't found one I really like yet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.