Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY! - Page 1657 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 08-05-2014, 04:37 PM   #24841
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWKHausSupply View Post
Highly doubtful. There is more poss that the labor (R&R) of the sensor(s) for the truss and gussets, and maybe gear work, etc, caused it to fail somehow. Or someone forgot to put the speed sensor/ABS bolt back in the sensor when they last worked on it? If they did forget, it would have been fine for a while till it was shocked around long enough and hard enough for it to walk up out of the port some, and away from the reluctor ring.
they expensive to replace...?

Unread 08-05-2014, 04:42 PM   #24842
RWKHausSupply
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
they expensive to replace...?
The labor to have someone do it at the dealer is likely more than the sensor.

I have never had to pay or inquire so I dont know though.

All you have to do is pull tire, remove caliper bracket bolts (do not remove just the caliper, remove whole assembly with the (2) 21MM head bolts), slide rotor off then you can see the sensor recessed in to the Unit bearing flange. I would do this and see if there is a bolt in there and if its tight.
RWKHausSupply is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2014, 04:55 PM   #24843
SkylarM
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Gears is the BIGGEST RIP OFF out there I feel. And reason why I got into them. A Slow team of two can get a JK Rubi (worst of the XJ, TJ, YJ, JK rigs) regeared in 3 hours (or less) if they are proficient and the right tools. Wholesale parts direct to the shop, are about 250$ for a regear. SO when 4wheel parts, Genwronx, JXX, etc charge you 1200-1800$ for a regear its like they are profiting about 150-200$ PER HR. Its crazy.
Well I think you hit the nail on the head. And I'd guess that the price ends up being somewhat understandable given the high overhead costs some of these shops have and the level of skill a technician needs in order to re-gear proficiently every time.
SkylarM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2014, 05:17 PM   #24844
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

Highly doubtful. There is more poss that the labor (R&R) of the sensor(s) for the truss and gussets, and maybe gear work, etc, caused it to fail somehow. Or someone forgot to put the speed sensor/ABS bolt back in the sensor when they last worked on it? If they did forget, it would have been fine for a while till it was shocked around long enough and hard enough for it to walk up out of the port some, and away from the reluctor ring.
I checked the sensor. Its connected. There's a bracket that seems to be tweaked that would hold it in place above the axle u joint. Could the sensor have hit that and caused it to fail? I heard the sensor can be found in auto parts stores?
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/birth-zombiehunta-1612329/
zombiehunta666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2014, 06:09 PM   #24845
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The labor to have someone do it at the dealer is likely more than the sensor.

I have never had to pay or inquire so I dont know though.

All you have to do is pull tire, remove caliper bracket bolts (do not remove just the caliper, remove whole assembly with the (2) 21MM head bolts), slide rotor off then you can see the sensor recessed in to the Unit bearing flange. I would do this and see if there is a bolt in there and if its tight.
too much work for you zombie take it to the dealer...
Unread 08-05-2014, 06:23 PM   #24846
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post

too much work for you zombie take it to the dealer...
I was gonna ask to borrow you floor jack. Probably right.
Unread 08-05-2014, 06:42 PM   #24847
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

Whelp. That sucks. Looks like I got bad head. Abs will have to wait until I get better head. :atomic: I thought the head problems were 2011.
Unread 08-05-2014, 08:00 PM   #24848
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiehunta666 View Post
Whelp. That sucks. Looks like I got bad head. Abs will have to wait until I get better head. :atomic: I thought the head problems were 2011.
Bad jeep news all around this place lately. Sucks about your misfortune zombie.
Unread 08-05-2014, 08:05 PM   #24849
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
Interesting. I wonder why they didn't tell me it could be straightened. I'll get back to you on this tomorrow, I may take you up on that offer.
Brute4ce posted this in the other thread

Bob myers, myers engineering in Santee....very well know in the off road industry news. Been straightening axles since the wells Fargo coach....
Hell
Probably straightened axles in the eqyptians stone carts back in pyramid days....

All in good fun he's older and don't bring him a dirty axle he will send you to clean it before he touches ot...

He is a artist with custom axle housings, tubes and building em from scratch as well as a master and getting them straight as a arrow.
aw12345 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2014, 08:06 PM   #24850
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82
Bad jeep news all around this place lately. Sucks about your misfortune zombie.
Agreed.
Unread 08-05-2014, 09:06 PM   #24851
stickerz
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Nah I don't think there's anything Shifty about it. I wouldn't think simple repairs like an axle u joint, replacing a locker, or a re gear would call for the installer to check for a bent axle tube. It's not like it's noticeably bent, it's just a slight bend in it.

Keep in mind I took it in for a left front broken axle u joint. It was under warranty along with the axle. They replaced the complete axle shaft and u joint at no charge. That's when we found out the locker was also damaged. I wasn't planning on RE gearing until closer to Christmas but beings I had to put a new locker in right now I figured I'd save a little labor having the front gears done right now. Well after it was all installed they tore the front back down because of a clicking noise. They suspected a defective bearing so they took the new ones out and inspected them and didn't see any issue with them but went ahead and reinstalled it again with another new set of bearings just incase. It was still clicking. That's when they figured out that the right side axle tube is bent. They think the clicking is because the axle is in a binding a little.

Stan told me he could get me a currie housing for $2,100 and stick all these parts in it but I guess Currie's Dana 44 housing only excepts JK parts. So then he says we could go with a teraflex housing and stick all my parts in it. I'd be out the door for $6,200.00 going that route. I don't know anything about the teraflex housings.

I'm just trying to figure out if there's any other options? Been surfing the web and not coming up with anything but a headache.
You could also grab a bare 44 housing and have jpi put some brackets on
stickerz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2014, 09:14 PM   #24852
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickerz View Post
You could also grab a bare 44 housing and have jpi put some brackets on

That's a lot of coin for a D44 housing. See above for your solution will cost ya hell of a lot less, you owe me a Beer Poppa
Unread 08-05-2014, 09:36 PM   #24853
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345
That's a lot of coin for a D44 housing. See above for your solution will cost ya hell of a lot less, you owe me a Beer Poppa
More like a six pack. Lol Thanks.
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2014, 09:47 PM   #24854
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
More like a six pack. Lol Thanks.
Your welcome bud, when your darling is all fixed I ought to teach you a few wheelin moves So you don't bend er up again or atleast have fun trying to do so
Unread 08-05-2014, 10:25 PM   #24855
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

image-4025116972.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.