Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY! - Page 152 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 01-21-2012, 07:59 PM   #2266
Horaciosan
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper

That we do, it's nice to be able to wheel with some people who aren't grade A ******bags. Takes the fun out of wheelin.
Yes it is .. the two times I've been able to go its been one good time and there are no *****bags that take the fun out of it.. join us the next time we go out on a run..

Horaciosan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2012, 08:00 PM   #2267
Serg5000
2008 JK Wrangler 

By the way, what is a "sticker friendly trail"?
Serg5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2012, 08:45 PM   #2268
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

sticker friendly, I'm assuming he means the trail is an easy trail and suitable for stock vehicles. As in, still has the dealer sticker on the window? Just a guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serg5000 View Post
"sticker friendly trail"?
I put a new sticker on mine this weekend, does that count?

Unread 01-21-2012, 09:21 PM   #2269
Serg5000
2008 JK Wrangler 

Sweet. I would have never guessed what sticker trail was all about. I might be ok on this then.
Serg5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2012, 10:26 PM   #2270
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Who ever said sticker trail, I'm sure they meant stocker freindly trail. I wouldnt call Cougar Buttes a stocker freindly trail.

SunDevil, you guys were getting sand blasted down there today. After the little bit of jeeping I did today I was at a buddies up on the hill. He's got a good view of the desert floor normally. All i could see was a dist storm today. You get that motor hauled up here?

Today I figured out that I smashed my tail pipe when we were out at Calico. It's smacking the tank skid every time I hit a bump on the trail. I'll have to fix it tomorrow or Monday.
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2012, 11:34 PM   #2271
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I like the way you roll. I'll keep an eye out for the next run. I may be getting new gears next week or the week after but other then that I'm good to go.
I'll have to as well, I haven't been able to go out on the last few runs. Now that the big move is almost over, I can go on a few camping trips with my cousins and do some wheelin trips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horaciosan View Post
Yes it is .. the two times I've been able to go its been one good time and there are no *****bags that take the fun out of it.. join us the next time we go out on a run..
That I shall do! Once you guys busted out the drinks I was like "ohhh riiiiigght!", that was awesome! I gotta remember to bring some whiskey on the next trip so I can ride with somebody while feelin quite well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbuck View Post
I put a new sticker on mine this weekend, does that count?

Where... did you get that sticker? I want one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
SunDevil, you guys were getting sand blasted down there today. After the little bit of jeeping I did today I was at a buddies up on the hill. He's got a good view of the desert floor normally. All i could see was a dist storm today. You get that motor hauled up here?
Dude! It was bad today! All the tire tracks and footprints from the dog were gone, I woke up to find the trash cans up against the fence. The lid to the other one is MIA, I did a full walk around the property and nothing. The Jeep is completely covered in dust, looks like I did some burnouts in the sand or something.

As far as the engine? Still waiting to hear back about an engine hoist somebody might be able to borrow. I'm trying to think of other ways but I'm coming up with a blank.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2012, 01:13 AM   #2272
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Use some boards for a ramp and slide it right up into the trailer. You can do it!

Yeah that trash can lid is probably in Barstow.
Unread 01-22-2012, 01:18 AM   #2273
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Use some boards for a ramp and slide it right up into the trailer. You can do it!

Yeah that trash can lid is probably in Barstow.
Boards and a comealong ought to do the trick
Unread 01-22-2012, 02:14 AM   #2274
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Problem is we don't have that trailer anymore. It was a U-Haul trailer, we don't have enough funds to get another one. The front wheel on the engine stand is busted too, we tried the boards and pushing it up. Didn't work, all it would do was just tilt over to the side. I sure as **** ain't gonna try and pick up a 550lb motor with a ****ed up back either!

So now it's just a matter of getting an engine hoist and getting it into my uncle's truck we're borrowing.

I swear to ****ing god, I'm saving up for an older dodge ram 1500 or 2500 as soon as I find a job. I'm gonna have too with all the **** that we got ahead of us down the road.

Still not enough power.
Unread 01-22-2012, 10:53 AM   #2275
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah then you can grab a cheap camper on Craigslist likei have and throw it on the back of your pickup and pull your jeep behind. You'll be good to go for weekend trips.

Hey if you can't get it the other way? I have a old low rental style trailer with a ramp gate that you can borrow. It has a flat right now but I'm sure we can plug it.
Unread 01-22-2012, 10:32 PM   #2276
CMA-TJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
By the way, what is a "sticker friendly trail"?
I beleive California has 2 designations. "Green Sticker" is for most non street-legal vehicles. Off-road 2 wheelers, quads, Rhinos etc. "Red Sticker" is for higher polluting (late model 2-stroke off road vehicles).
CMA-TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2012, 10:53 PM   #2277
Horaciosan
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMA-TJ

I beleive California has 2 designations. "Green Sticker" is for most non street-legal vehicles. Off-road 2 wheelers, quads, Rhinos etc. "Red Sticker" is for higher polluting (late model 2-stroke off road vehicles).
stocker freindly trails . Oops lol
Horaciosan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2012, 11:03 PM   #2278
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horaciosan View Post
stocker freindly trails . Oops lol
Go to sleep Horaciosan :yawn:
Unread 01-22-2012, 11:31 PM   #2279
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah then you can grab a cheap camper on Craigslist likei have and throw it on the back of your pickup and pull your jeep behind. You'll be good to go for weekend trips.

Hey if you can't get it the other way? I have a old low rental style trailer with a ramp gate that you can borrow. It has a flat right now but I'm sure we can plug it.
I'll have to throw some beers your way or something for that! We're gonna borrow the truck one more time in about a week. We'll have one day to do it, if we don't get it by then? That motor might have to go bye bye.

Still not enough power.
Unread 01-23-2012, 01:58 PM   #2280
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

So what is the deal, we going to be able to get a run together on the 4th?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.