Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY!

953K views 30K replies 209 participants last post by  Rallyrs 
#1 ·
I can't believe nobody has started this thread before, therefore I will start it...

La Mirada, 90638

#286 ·
Hotshot said:
Wouldn't hurt to have one, it's nice to be able communicate while on the trail.

I'm just using a small cobra right now that I picked up from radio shack a couple years ago. It works ok but I'm thinking about dusting off one of my old radios from when I drove truck. Just thinking a little more power would be better?
Yes it be nice to have a cb . I'm going to look for one today . If anyone knows what to look for let me know.. thanks

#287 ·
If your just going to use it for trail rides and dont want to spend a lot of money take a look at the Cobra 19. I have one and it's worked good for two years now. You'll also need an antenna, mounting bracket and a coax cable. If you shop around you might find all that bundled in one package? A Cobra 19 will probably cost you around $50.00 and the antenna, bracket and cable another $50.00 or so. You may want to consider spending a little more when it comes to your antenna and coax cable?

I've been thinking about getting one with a little more kick. Today I was looking at this one, I even called the guy who builds and sales them and talked to him for awhile. The only reason I'm thinking about something with more power is I've been known to get pretty far out into the desert with just the one jeep. It would be nice to have a little more reach. I've also been considering getting a Ham radio.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110551471740?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

#288 ·
Yeh i called him about buying a d44 with 3.73's he said he had one but for 1,000.00 not sure if that is a good price or not....
HEEEELLLLLLLL NO!

Lol.

You're better off just hitting up a junkyard, $1000 for an axle that might have been abused? That thing better be fully rebuilt for that much!

#293 ·
I went right to the battery for power and ground. I have a rock hard front roll cage with a switch box mounted to it front and center above the rear view mirror. It has a switch for map lights right and left, switch for back up lights (not installed yet), another for more off road lights (also not installed yet) it's all pre wired for the other lights, just haven't gotten around to finishing it yet. It also has a cigerette lighter socket installed in the box for an extra power source. I bought some of that black wire loom expandable mesh the factory uses and fed wireing for the box and the cb directly to the battery. Hid the wires on top of the cage.;)

I've seen guys get their power right behind the glove box and mount the cb right below it, or up against the shifter console. I wanted my cb up high away from the passengers legs. I'll take a picture of it tomorrow in the daylight and post it up on here so you can check it out.

Almost forgot to mention, all the wiring for the box and cb drop down behind the plastic cover on my driver side windshield post and out the firewall through a grommet.

#298 ·
Hotshot said:
If your just going to use it for trail rides and dont want to spend a lot of money take a look at the Cobra 19. I have one and it's worked good for two years now. You'll also need an antenna, mounting bracket and a coax cable. If you shop around you might find all that bundled in one package? A Cobra 19 will probably cost you around $50.00 and the antenna, bracket and cable another $50.00 or so. You may want to consider spending a little more when it comes to your antenna and coax cable?

I've been thinking about getting one with a little more kick. Today I was looking at this one, I even called the guy who builds and sales them and talked to him for awhile. The only reason I'm thinking about something with more power is I've been known to get pretty far out into the desert with just the one jeep. It would be nice to have a little more reach. I've also been considering getting a Ham radio.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110551471740?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Thanks for the info. I'm still looking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.