Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY! - Page 1411 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 03-22-2014, 11:18 PM   #21151
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiehunta666
Cool. I like the way it is turning out! Thinking about Linex for the hood louver vs paint.
Wouldn't it be pores ? I'd be worried about mud getting deep in it and not being able to wash it out of the little dimples.

Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2014, 11:19 PM   #21152
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomWJ
Went mallcrawlin... Finally trimmed fenders and discoed the front with my 35's....took off about 2" from the front.... My tie rid also decided to turn itself into a horseshoe....this will be my 3rd one that jad gotten jacked up....
Nice.
Unread 03-22-2014, 11:20 PM   #21153
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot
Wouldn't it be pores ? I'd be worried about mud getting deep in it and not bent able to wash it out of the little dimples.
No different then my fenders, armor, rock rails etc. There all the same textured paint...
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/birth-zombiehunta-1612329/
zombiehunta666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2014, 11:24 PM   #21154
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiehunta666
No different then my fenders, armor, rock rails etc. There all the same textured paint...
When I first bought my jeep someone had textured the front bumper. I couldn't get the dirt out of it. The lineX I seen at a shop seemed almost like sand paper? Could just be the type I was looking at?
Unread 03-22-2014, 11:47 PM   #21155
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
When I first bought my jeep someone had textured the front bumper. I couldn't get the dirt out of it. The lineX I seen at a shop seemed almost like sand paper? Could just be the type I was looking at?
Yeah and chromoly shafts are just a marketing ploy
clg82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2014, 11:50 PM   #21156
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The bottom mount of the tube bender stand, as well as a last minute gusset added to strengthen a friend's skid plate mount.

Unread 03-23-2014, 12:10 AM   #21157
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbuck
The bottom mount of the tube bender stand, as well as a last minute gusset added to strengthen a friend's skid plate mount.
Don't be showing those fancy welds around here. . Looks good.
Unread 03-23-2014, 12:10 AM   #21158
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82
Yeah and chromoly shafts are just a marketing ploy
Haha. Yep.
Unread 03-23-2014, 02:18 AM   #21159
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
Don't be showing those fancy welds around here. . Looks good.
I don't take photos of my booger welds
Unread 03-23-2014, 02:22 AM   #21160
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Playing around with one of them JK jeeps. Not full flex, but enough for us to be confident the new track bar with new mounts don't hit anything. And trimming the front bumper. Yes, there's metal under there when you take the plastic off

The 37" MTR tires make me wish I had them on my TJ Makes the 35s look small, haha

Unread 03-23-2014, 02:32 AM   #21161
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot

Wouldn't it be pores ? I'd be worried about mud getting deep in it and not being able to wash it out of the little dimples.
You could put rhino liner over
THOR114 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2014, 02:34 AM   #21162
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbuck
Playing around with one of them JK jeeps. Not full flex, but enough for us to be confident the new track bar with new mounts don't hit anything. And trimming the front bumper. Yes, there's metal under there when you take the plastic off

The 37" MTR tires make me wish I had them on my TJ Makes the 35s look small, haha
Ha! Looks like the jeeps have fun together. Make sure you put them together in a garage: dont be surprised if you have a handfull baby jeeps in rhe morning driving around...lol
THOR114 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2014, 03:46 AM   #21163
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

replaced the tie rod that decided to bend on me earlier today....and the went back to malcrawlin

img_20140323_014235.jpg

Flexed a bit to see where the tires will rub and where i will have to bumpstop so i dont ruin my shocks...

img_20140323_014311.jpg
PhantomWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2014, 03:52 AM   #21164
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

Test fitted my bumper earlier today to mark how far it will extended down the fender....marked it, then cut the fender....these fenders are already chewed up from Calico and will eventually get replaced....but for now i can at lesst flex more and get set up to run these 35's....

img_20140323_014847.jpg
PhantomWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2014, 10:41 AM   #21165
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomWJ
Test fitted my bumper earlier today to mark how far it will extended down the fender....marked it, then cut the fender....these fenders are already chewed up from Calico and will eventually get replaced....but for now i can at lesst flex more and get set up to run these 35's....
Is that a squirrel on top of the hood?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.