Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY! - Page 1323 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY!

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-16-2014, 08:53 PM   #19831
NBMgreg
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless617
My plan is windshield first, then work the cage, then tube fenders probably from the guys over at Genright. My doors are bent up by the windows, Im curious if they will bend back, worth a shot since they are already messed up. They aren't too too bad right now, driver side worse off than the passenger side door.
Also look into the poison spyders.. They have a new revised version with an inner aluminum fender that I like a lot. Thought about selling my metalcloaks for a pair but not sure if I like them enough for that amount of work.

NBMgreg is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2014, 09:00 PM   #19832
THOR114

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345

See if this is still good seems like the best deal around

http://www.carparts.com/details/Jeep...FVJcfgoddmQAeQ

Glass it self wholesales for 60 bucks

Generally used windshield frames with glass run around 350
Unread 02-16-2014, 09:02 PM   #19833
Topless617
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBMgreg View Post
Also look into the poison spyders.. They have a new revised version with an inner aluminum fender that I like a lot. Thought about selling my metalcloaks for a pair but not sure if I like them enough for that amount of work.
I looked into Poison Spyder, but I didn't really like how they look square.
Topless617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2014, 09:09 PM   #19834
NBMgreg
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless617
I looked into Poison Spyder, but I didn't really like how they look square.
Fair enough, the rigs I've seen with them lately look super clean. I love my metalcloaks but they provide so much tire gap, and considering I daily drive my rig I'm trying to stick with 33's, the tire gap is kind of getting to me. Depends on your ultimate goals in the long run.
NBMgreg is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2014, 09:21 PM   #19835
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBMgreg View Post
I idolize the fact that you pick one small part of a giant project, finish it and take badass photos of simple things. You make it look easy.

Today my buddy and I worked on the '58 for the first time, it was extremely overwhelming. Seemed like we wanted to get the thing running/in good shape right away, and we couldn't focus on one thing only. This is our first project like this, so we're a little discouraged on it lol.
Just learning as I go, haha! I don't take photos of the complete screw ups ;-)

The willys has been my first big project, found out pretty quickly that the way to do it is to just sit down and do something whenever you have a chance, even if it's something little. The "small" things really add up, just start knocking them out. For a while there when it was still light out after I'd get home from work, I would try to do at least something every evening, even if it's as simple as crimping a few wires. Just chip away at it

Oh, and make yourself a list. I made myself a "pre-flight" list, things that MUST be finished before I drive it. It's easy to forget something simple that may come back to bite you later.
For instance, I forgot to bend a cotter pin on my clutch rod, I had to pull the entire motor and transmission to replace the clutch fork and cable. $20 worth of parts and several weekends of work just because I forgot to bend a cotter pin. haha! Future projects will have "check cotter pins" as an item on the list.

I'm still slowly working away at non-critical items on the list, like the bumpstops. I don't need them for the street, so I didn't put them on my pre-flight list.
Unread 02-16-2014, 10:43 PM   #19836
Dumpsterfish

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiehunta666
Ya. If you have more then 2 doors your really gotta crawl that rock to the right. I seen a JKU take that line there but he was on 37s fully locked with 4.5" lift and scraped but got over rather clean giving the circumstances.
If only a fellow 4 door jeeper had been there...

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Dumpsterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2014, 10:46 PM   #19837
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumpsterfish
If only a fellow 4 door jeeper had been there... Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Haha. Yall go east to west? Looks like it in that pic. It's much easier that way. Best way to do it in the wet.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/birth-zombiehunta-1612329/
zombiehunta666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2014, 11:07 PM   #19838
Dumpsterfish

2013 JK Wrangler 

I think so. If that's the way that puts Gk at the end.

Unread 02-16-2014, 11:25 PM   #19839
WSS
Ps:91

1972 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless617 View Post
My plan is windshield first, then work the cage, then tube fenders probably from the guys over at Genright. My doors are bent up by the windows, Im curious if they will bend back, worth a shot since they are already messed up. They aren't too too bad right now, driver side worse off than the passenger side door.
Were your windows down when it did it's bit? Maybe time for a softop for winters and safari top the rest. Can you manage some diy tube fender kits?

Some good looking ones available. You can custom chop fit to your preferred width and tapers. Need links to look at, let me know.

Tube doors would look mean on that color Jeep. Love the color BTW

Our Yellow 72 CJ5 build thread

Yellow Jeep club member #73802
WSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2014, 11:34 PM   #19840
WSS
Ps:91

1972 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiehunta666 View Post
Who needs a windshield anyways.... That's why they make goggles.

I actually carry two pair of goggles for this. My kid loves them cause they're blue.

Chocolate thunder last week:

watching these go by:

Our Yellow 72 CJ5 build thread

Yellow Jeep club member #73802
WSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 12:15 AM   #19841
thedaringmove
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiehunta666
Ya. If you have more then 2 doors your really gotta crawl that rock to the right. I seen a JKU take that line there but he was on 37s fully locked with 4.5" lift and scraped but got over rather clean giving the circumstances.
Jealous. I think you saw the pic of my tj on the right line completely immobile
thedaringmove is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 12:17 AM   #19842
thedaringmove
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumpsterfish
If only a fellow 4 door jeeper had been there... Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
I've relayed your message
Gotta get that kid on the forum. It's tough to get him interested when his dad just pays to have everything done
Unread 02-17-2014, 12:52 AM   #19843
Dumpsterfish

2013 JK Wrangler 

[QUOTE="thedaringmove"] I've relayed your message Gotta get that kid on the forum. It's tough to get him interested when his dad just pays to have everything done[/QUOTE

Hey think he can pay for some of my mods?

Also I have a bunch of pics of you. Gonna get on the pic sharing tomorrow.

Unread 02-17-2014, 01:05 AM   #19844
thedaringmove
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Hey I wish. For the amount of money they've spent on labor I could almost have one tons and 40s

Sounds sweet! Haven't got a chance to get the pics off the go pro yet. I'm sure there will be some good ones. It was staring at your *** the entire ride
Unread 02-17-2014, 01:20 AM   #19845
Dumpsterfish

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedaringmove
Hey I wish. For the amount of money they've spent on labor I could almost have one tons and 40s

Sounds sweet! Haven't got a chance to get the pics off the go pro yet. I'm sure there will be some good ones. It was staring at your *** the entire ride
Except for that shot of Skylars ****.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.