Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY! - Page 1038 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY!

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 11-15-2013, 12:24 AM   #15556
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOR114 View Post

Yep, i think it would leave enough headroom for my puppies and they still can be comfy. Passangerseat is for storage too since i go mostly solo anyways...
Nah. Bad idea. They would sit too high IMO. Not kuch to keep them from going side to side

Unread 11-15-2013, 12:40 AM   #15557
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Usually have a cargo,net to,keep,them safe. But since it got cold Happy has his softtop on...
THOR114 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2013, 01:06 AM   #15558
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOR114 View Post
Usually have a cargo,net to,keep,them safe. But since it got cold Happy has his softtop on...
That cargo net uses the factory soft top rails to hold it down right? Wont it just slip off if enough pressure is applied to the inside?
Unread 11-15-2013, 01:12 AM   #15559
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr

That cargo net uses the factory soft top rails to hold it down right? Wont it just slip off if enough pressure is applied to the inside?
It goes over the outside. Its pretty durrable. It straps to the rollbar and uses the factory rails. The backside is w heavy duty zipper closed. I actually did not wanted to put the soft top on over winter but my lungs needed it
THOR114 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2013, 07:29 AM   #15560
NBMgreg
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbuck

F*ck the 3rd brake light, you'll never get pulled over for that.

But high five for loosing the spare off the end of the jeep. I like wheeling with the spare in the tub, less to get hung up on. I bent the crap out of my spare tire holder, so now I just put the tire in the tub when I'm offroading hard. If I need interior space for long trips, then I'll bolt the spare tire carrier to the tub and put it back there. only takes a little bit to do. Maybe 1 beer's worth of time
I figured if any state was going to be a nazi about a third brake light it would be this one lol. Only time I've been pulled over was because my tires stuck out an inch or two from my fenders.. Just like every damn jeep.

Yeah these tailgates are a lot flimsier than I thought, mine is bent from me running into the spare with the nose of my boat while loading it up
NBMgreg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2013, 08:41 AM   #15561
MPond
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I asked a local cop, and he said that the 3rd brake light was a DOT requirement, so all manufacturers have to install them, but there's no law saying you have to have it, so they can't cite you for not having it.

However, that was just his knowledge. I haven't looked up the CVC to confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 11-15-2013, 08:48 AM   #15562
NBMgreg
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPond
I asked a local cop, and he said that the 3rd brake light was a DOT requirement, so all manufacturers have to install them, but there's no law saying you have to have it, so they can't cite you for not having it.

Interesting. The bit of reading I did said something about how its a federal law that any vehicle that came with one from the factory must have one, just like seat belts. Who knows. At any rate, I would like the extra lighting so the zombie drivers of LA know when I'm stopping. It's brutal out there.
NBMgreg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #15563
crawlin78
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPond View Post

Take it off, If its not there he cant see that it doesnt work.
Unread 11-15-2013, 11:01 AM   #15564
crawlin78
1978 CJ7 

Your guys conversation moves fast on here doesnt it? Im tring to keep up, But im still a little lost so one I wont be able to do the thanksgiving run and thats all I got so fare
Unread 11-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #15565
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlin78
Your guys conversation moves fast on here doesnt it? Im tring to keep up, But im still a little lost so one I wont be able to do the thanksgiving run and thats all I got so fare
What about the 24th nov?

Looking like calico, or JV, or dishpan/Holcomb.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/birth-zombiehunta-1612329/
zombiehunta666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2013, 11:18 AM   #15566
crawlin78
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiehunta666 View Post
What about the 24th nov?

Looking like calico, or JV, or dishpan/Holcomb.
I wish I could, but my truck may be lifted and on 35s but not for crawling and my jeep is still being worked on, I thing Gary saw it at mikes when he droped his off to get work.
Unread 11-15-2013, 11:20 AM   #15567
crawlin78
1978 CJ7 

Mike and myself are going to be working in the shop this weekened to push out a couple jeeps, then we are going to start on my jeep; Roll cage lowing her a little, bead locks push out the rear axel she is going to be fun.
Unread 11-15-2013, 01:37 PM   #15568
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlin78
I wish I could, but my truck may be lifted and on 35s but not for crawling and my jeep is still being worked on, I thing Gary saw it at mikes when he droped his off to get work.
Hotshot,

If the 24th works, what direction of you wanna go? I was going to post the run on its own thread. I mean sure, if you and I just go I bet we can find some trouble but it'd be nice for other jeepers to attend.
Unread 11-15-2013, 02:06 PM   #15569
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiehunta666
Hotshot, If the 24th works, what direction of you wanna go? I was going to post the run on its own thread. I mean sure, if you and I just go I bet we can find some trouble but it'd be nice for other jeepers to attend.
Can't say for sure yet. My jeep won't be out of the shop until next Thursday. Waiting on parts. Go ahead and post it up and if I can I'll be there.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2013, 02:13 PM   #15570
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot
Can't say for sure yet. My jeep won't be out of the shop until next Thursday. Waiting on parts. Go ahead and post it up and if I can I'll be there. Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Ok. But if your jeep was ready where would you want to go? Reason being is that there is a 20% chance I would have to drop the kids off first, meaning going south would be my direction of flight. I'm pretty south for LA county already and north for SD county.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.