Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY! - Page 1035 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Reply
Unread 11-13-2013, 10:06 PM   #15511
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!
 
Hotshot's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Phelan, CA
Posts: 6,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82
why would you rotate the axles after a lift? If you're not doing a tt?
to adjust the piņon angle so it lines up with the yoke on the transfer case.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 10:07 PM   #15512
zombiehunta666
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot
Sure but ill have to email it to you tomorrow. Lol Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
:longtounge:
__________________
@Zombiehunta666
*lllllll*
The birth of the ZombieHunta!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/birth-zombiehunta-1612329/
zombiehunta666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 10:34 PM   #15513
THOR114
Registered User
 
THOR114's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: , CA
Posts: 2,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot

Skylar doesn't have lockers and runs all the trails. You have rock sliders and bumpers. At CB your just crawling along slowly over obstacles. There may be a few obstacles you'll want to go around. Nothing wrong with that. if we run Calico on the 24th you should go so you can get your feet wet.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
I d really like to, just like I said depends on my teacher and when he wants us to be there. I need every credit I can get for that dang anthropology class...
THOR114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 11:16 PM   #15514
danielbuck
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westchester, CA
Posts: 4,065
Well, it was all going good, the drive to work was great, and the power is good (even without the governor adjustment!!) But, on a sad note, as I was triumphantly driving the new turbo willys home on it's maiden voyage to and from work, something in the clutch linkage popped as I was shifting into 3rd gear, and i lost the clutch engagement. Got it towed home. Looks like the actual cable that goes into the bell housing is completely missing.

I did walk up the road to where I heard the pop, but I couldn't find anything. I was hoping to find out if it was the clevis/cotter pin that broke, or if it was maybe the ball end on the clutch side that maybe somehow slipped off the clutch fork. I've actually got another clutch cable, and another clutch fork, the original ones that I pulled from the old motor. I assume they can be assembled through the access panel on the top of the bell housing? I bet that will be tricky with it in the jeep! haha I'll dig down in there and see what the clutch fork looks like, maybe that will shed some light on it. I'm gonna have a few beers now
__________________
Daniel Buck - [URL="http://www.danielbuck.net"]www.DanielBuck.net[/URL] - [URL="http://www.dnsfail.com"]www.DNSFAIL.com[/URL]
danielbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 11:20 PM   #15515
Dumpsterfish
Senior Member
 
Dumpsterfish's Avatar
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by THOR114
Did not read the whole thing.... Funny: what is stiff?
My friggin back.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
__________________
'89 YJ...SOLD
'95 YJ...SOLD
'13 JKUS...stock, for now.
Dumpsterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 11:22 PM   #15516
zombiehunta666
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbuck
Well, it was all going good, the drive to work was great, and the power is good (even without the governor adjustment!!) But, on a sad note, as I was triumphantly driving the new turbo willys home on it's maiden voyage to and from work, something in the clutch linkage popped as I was shifting into 3rd gear, and i lost the clutch engagement. Got it towed home. Looks like the actual cable that goes into the bell housing is completely missing. I did walk up the road to where I heard the pop, but I couldn't find anything. I was hoping to find out if it was the clevis/cotter pin that broke, or if it was maybe the ball end on the clutch side that maybe somehow slipped off the clutch fork. I've actually got another clutch cable, and another clutch fork, the original ones that I pulled from the old motor. I assume they can be assembled through the access panel on the top of the bell housing? I bet that will be tricky with it in the jeep! haha I'll dig down in there and see what the clutch fork looks like, maybe that will shed some light on it. I'm gonna have a few beers now
Sorry bro.
__________________
@Zombiehunta666
*lllllll*
The birth of the ZombieHunta!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/birth-zombiehunta-1612329/
zombiehunta666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 11:23 PM   #15517
danielbuck
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westchester, CA
Posts: 4,065
not a huge deal, I was just not expecting anything with the clutch to fail, I was more worried about the engine or something else,
__________________
Daniel Buck - [URL="http://www.danielbuck.net"]www.DanielBuck.net[/URL] - [URL="http://www.dnsfail.com"]www.DNSFAIL.com[/URL]
danielbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 11:29 PM   #15518
zombiehunta666
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbuck
not a huge deal, I was just not expecting anything with the clutch to fail, I was more worried about the engine or something else,
Your right. Cause $&@! Could of blew up! Lol
__________________
@Zombiehunta666
*lllllll*
The birth of the ZombieHunta!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/birth-zombiehunta-1612329/
zombiehunta666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 11:31 PM   #15519
danielbuck
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westchester, CA
Posts: 4,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiehunta666 View Post
Your right. Cause $&@! Could of blew up! Lol
the sun could have expanded and swallowed up the earth, man it could have been alot worse!
__________________
Daniel Buck - [URL="http://www.danielbuck.net"]www.DanielBuck.net[/URL] - [URL="http://www.dnsfail.com"]www.DNSFAIL.com[/URL]
danielbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 11:37 PM   #15520
zombiehunta666
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbuck
the sun could have expanded and swallowed up the earth, man it could have been alot worse!
Equally as bad.... Your beer could have been out when you got home.
__________________
@Zombiehunta666
*lllllll*
The birth of the ZombieHunta!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/birth-zombiehunta-1612329/
zombiehunta666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 11:39 PM   #15521
danielbuck
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westchester, CA
Posts: 4,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiehunta666 View Post
Equally as bad.... Your beer could have been out when you got home.
now that would just be a shame But I always keep a bottle of Makers in the cabinet, just for emergencies.
__________________
Daniel Buck - [URL="http://www.danielbuck.net"]www.DanielBuck.net[/URL] - [URL="http://www.dnsfail.com"]www.DNSFAIL.com[/URL]
danielbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 11:42 PM   #15522
THOR114
Registered User
 
THOR114's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: , CA
Posts: 2,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumpsterfish

My friggin back.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Sorry to hear. Ask your gf to give you a massage after a hot bath and jacuzzi, that might help. Put heat pads on over nite...take care of yourself....
THOR114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 11:43 PM   #15523
THOR114
Registered User
 
THOR114's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: , CA
Posts: 2,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbuck

now that would just be a shame But I always keep a bottle of Makers in the cabinet, just for emergencies.
One of my dogs is a master thief. He steals beer beer, but also drinks whiskey....he is no joke. And a real foodie... I should have named him Gordon instead of Gunny....
THOR114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 11:45 PM   #15524
zombiehunta666
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbuck
now that would just be a shame But I always keep a bottle of Makers in the cabinet, just for emergencies.
:awesome:
__________________
@Zombiehunta666
*lllllll*
The birth of the ZombieHunta!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/birth-zombiehunta-1612329/
zombiehunta666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 11:50 PM   #15525
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!
 
Hotshot's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Phelan, CA
Posts: 6,341
Sorry about your luck Daniel. Hope you don't have to separate the engine and trans to fix it.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.