Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Roll Call: LOS ANGELES COUNTY!

953K views 30K replies 209 participants last post by  Rallyrs 
#1 ·
I can't believe nobody has started this thread before, therefore I will start it...

La Mirada, 90638

#183 ·
ninjastar said:
Where in Phelan because I just google maped it and its 2hrs away from me which is kind of far. But im still down if its a little closer. I vote for asusa in october with a bbq and Ill bring the drinks xP
I'm not exactly sure where in phelan. We'll have to ask hotshot... hotshot?

Ok we have one vote for Azusa in October, and one vote for Phelan on October 22nd

#184 ·
22nd would should be good. There's a Mexican restaurant in town thats pretty good. Or we could even cook dinner over a wood fire out in the desert?

Thats 2 votes for Phelan.

Sorry Ninjastar it is about 2 hours from you. Azusa isn't much of a place to wheel though, no real trails there, just a mud hole and a water crossing.

#185 ·
22nd would should be good. There's a Mexican restaurant in town thats pretty good. Or we could even cook dinner over a wood fire out in the desert?

Thats 2 votes for Phelan.

Sorry Ninjastar it is about 2 hours from you. Azusa isn't much of a place to wheel though, no real trails there, just a mud hole and a water crossing.
Yuck mud is our enemy:thumbdown::2thumbsup:

#186 ·
Mud is ok if thats what your into.

I just remember Azusa being more of a party spot when I went there years ago. When I go wheeling I like to get away from the the large crowds, and cut my own trail where it's legal to do it.

I like crawling over ground that the only other person that might of ever been there was maybe a Indian, or a prospector 100+ years ago.:) Nothing better then crawling along and the only tracks you see are yours. ;)

#188 ·
Hotshot said:
Mud is ok if thats what your into.

I just remember Azusa being more of a party spot when I went there years ago. When I go wheeling I like to get away from the the large crowds, and cut my own trail where it's legal to do it.

I like crawling over ground that the only other person that might of ever been there was maybe a Indian, or a prospector 100+ years ago.:) Nothing better then crawling along and the only tracks you see are yours. ;)
Wow, that some deep s#@t hotshot -great way to put it!!!

Ok, well I think the date is set. Everyone seems to be in agreement with October 22nd. Now let's set the place. So far Phelan is winning....

#191 ·
Clg82, hit any good trails up your way lately?
There are tons of them in the panamint valley area.....pleasant canyon comes to mind...that is a great scenic route , through a creek, through green pastures, back into the mountains....all the desert has to offer in one big loop....oh and hundreds of burros, that don't take too kindly to people...they like to charge at us when we're making the loop lol

#192 ·
Also no worries on the hijack, as long as I can hang out with some more jeepers again I don't mind.

My plan several months ago was to pile everybody here, shoot the **** and eat, then head out to Phelan and hit up some trails. I hadn't even started this thread back then as a matter of fact.

But now that I'm moving, eventually down the road we could just pile up at somebodies house who lives near the trails and have a bbq there. Would make a lot more sense than the guys up north coming down here, then going back up there. For the guys who live south of the trails, it would just be heading up north, then hitting the trails, and then heading home. Just a two way trip.

#197 ·
Awesome, I gotta let my phone charge. Pisses me off...

I have an album on facebook of stuff I take pictures of out here, stupid stuff.

So far I missed a bro'd out silverado, a korean flag hanging in a toyota camry (koreans and japanese don't like each other), and a dude in a TJ with no top or doors driving in his boxers.

My car read 107 degrees on the way to mickey d's.

#200 ·
What the ****? Where the hell is this sushi place at?

I must have been really oblivious to my surroundings every time I went there.
You finish the trail and head back on the highway towards the 15 fwy you'll see it on the right hands side of the road a couple of miles down the road from where you got on the highway. From what friends told me they have some very good sushi

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.