Roll Call: Central California. - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Roll Call: Central California.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 08-22-2013, 09:08 PM   #91
RockWoRM
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

well, when I was 'much' younger, I had a TLC with power arm steering. didn't have any problems back then. lol. prolly couldn't live without it now.
in all seriousness, I wouldn't think it would be any different from one trail to the next. this trail has some really big boulders to crawl, however. tight turns every now and again. I have a pos-i-lok, so sometimes I'll go rear locker only.
anywho, we are bugging out of Shaver hopefully around noonish or sooner and hope to be on the trail early afternoon. if you come up we should be either @ Swamp or Grouse. have a black YJ, as in the pic... which is also a sample of some of the boulders on the trail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
RockWoRM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 12:08 AM   #92
GootsYJ1990
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockWoRM
well, when I was 'much' younger, I had a TLC with power arm steering. didn't have any problems back then. lol. prolly couldn't live without it now.
in all seriousness, I wouldn't think it would be any different from one trial to the next. this trail has some really big boulders to crawl, however. tight turns every now and again. I have a pos-i-lok, so sometimes I'll go rear locker only.
anywho, we are bugging out of Shaver hopefully around noonish or sooner and hope to be on the trail early afternoon. if you come up we should be either @ Swamp or Grouse. have a black YJ, as in the pic... which is also a sample of some of the boulders on the trail.
I don't think ill be able to make it this weekend I just realized I had made other plans with the fiancé . I really have wanted to try some new trails like these up there :/. I hope to go next weekend!! Those rocks look beastly!!!! Nice YJ I have a black one as well
Unread 08-25-2013, 09:47 PM   #93
RockWoRM
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Just got back. Had a bit of bad luck this time. Broke a rear d-line and my steering column also broke (weird). Almost didn't get out!
Trail VERY extreme this season! Worst I've ever seen. Unfortunately didn't get much video or pics. Too busy fixing and nursing the junk off the trail! lol! Oh well. Next time!

Quote:
Unread 08-25-2013, 10:55 PM   #94
GootsYJ1990
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockWoRM View Post
Just got back. Had a bit of bad luck this time. Broke a rear d-line and my steering column also broke (weird). Almost didn't get out!
Trail VERY extreme this season! Worst I've ever seen. Unfortunately didn't get much video or pics. Too busy fixing and nursing the junk off the trail! lol! Oh well. Next time!
That sucks!! What kind of rear drive shaft was it and how the heck was your steering column broke LOL. I bet riding with FWD locked up was fun
Unread 08-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #95
RockWoRM
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Rear is/was a Rubicon express CV. Almost 10 years old. Prolly should have had a Tom Woods. lol. Gonna drop it off @ Fresno D-line service and see what they think... repair or new, and I'll go from there.
Have no idea what is going on with the steering column. Seems to be 86'd @ the tilt joint and it is shorting out the ignition. Way beyond my skills. So it is at the local shop across the street.

Was gonna take it up to Courtright/Dusy for labor day weekend, but will prolly have to wait on that... we'll see.

Quote:
Unread 08-27-2013, 01:40 PM   #96
Droolguy
2013 JK Wrangler 

How did you break the driveline?

Did you twist it or manage to drop it on a rock?
Droolguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2013, 05:06 PM   #97
RockWoRM
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

It was all from torque. Broke the ears on the back half. Didn't hurt the flange yoke. I was on an incline ledge/boulder kinda spot, with both rear and front tires against boulders. Thought it would climb out, but I guess it was too much. Or maybe the front didn't help out that much??? Not sure. At least it wasn't an axle. Dline was easier to fix.
Dropped it off today after work. They will call in AM if it is worth being re-built.

Quote:
Unread 08-27-2013, 07:23 PM   #98
CJ_Rick
1978 CJ5 

Any word on what's up with your steering column ?
78CJ5, 304, 4" BDS lift 1"body, Wide track axles, Powertrax noslip locker front & Detroit locker rear,4:56, 35s, Tera Low, Warn 9.5ti Winch, TKHFAB Rock Angles, Rock bumpers front & rear...
2012 JKU.
2012 JK, 2"lift, 32"BFG's, JCR Dagger stubby front bumper, Warn 9.5cti winch.
CJ_Rick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #99
RockWoRM
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

D-line should be ready tomorrow. Have'nt heard from the other shop on the column yet. They were pretty busy. So not gonna plan on taking the Jeep for this weekend... I guess we'll just take the truck up to Courtright and try for a regular campground spot.

Quote:
Unread 08-31-2013, 01:43 PM   #100
GaryEMS
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Central CA here.. Atwater to be exact
GaryEMS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2013, 01:48 PM   #101
Droolguy
2013 JK Wrangler 

Welcome to the thread Gary!

I just added you to the list.
Unread 09-17-2013, 07:52 PM   #102
Droolguy
2013 JK Wrangler 

So, what has everyone been up to?
Unread 09-17-2013, 10:33 PM   #103
Headingout
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Jeep has been apart for paint for the last few months got it back last week, now I waited a few days for the paint to dry.

93 YJ factory color

I'll be starting the assembly this weekend.

I have half doors for summer and a hard top with full doors for winter.

the hard top will be tan, spice interior

I need some input on stripes or graphics.

Poor photo quality but the light was bad.

jeep-new-paint.jpg  
90 GMC 3500 and Airstream (Base Camp)
Headingout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2013, 11:03 PM   #104
Droolguy
2013 JK Wrangler 

Nice, I really like the color you picked.

Always been a fan of dark greens.

No full rollcage though?
Unread 09-19-2013, 10:33 AM   #105
Headingout
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droolguy View Post
Nice, I really like the color you picked.

Always been a fan of dark greens.

No full rollcage though?
Thanks, That's the factory color, but better quality paint, I plan on adding
a small stripe along the belt line, sort of like a Sahara has but in an other color.

I'll be using the factory windshield bars as it goes back together, a full cage may be in the future, but not for now.
90 GMC 3500 and Airstream (Base Camp)
Headingout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.