Red Rock area, Ca. 2013 - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Red Rock area, Ca. 2013

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-20-2013, 09:26 AM   #211
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_in_rc View Post
So you never made it to the small rock climb followed by the "squeeze"? Too bad, there are several spots futher up that are a challange and Dave and I got to a point that we had to turn around.
Might have to plan a day run huh?
Sounds good. I wish I could've made this trip, had to stick close to home though.

Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 09:31 AM   #212
jeff_in_rc
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
Sounds good. I wish I could've made this trip, had to stick close to home though.
No problems, there will always be another day.
Unread 02-20-2013, 09:35 AM   #213
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojavedave
Hotshot-

There is all sorts of good stuff and obstacles up the canyon. Jeff and I took it all the way til it became impassable without a winch and damage! Great trail! For obvious reasons, I recommend no less then two rigs and don't go it alone.
Sounds good Dave, will let you know when I can get away. parents are still doctoring so I'm sticking close to home. I managed to sneak away and play in the rocks for a little bit last weekend. Rocks just West of EL Mirage.
image-1266713204.jpg   image-3177543393.jpg  
Unread 02-20-2013, 09:58 AM   #214
mojavedave
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Sounds good Dave, will let you know when I can get away. parents are still doctoring so I'm sticking close to home. I managed to sneak away and play in the rocks for a little bit last weekend. Rocks just West of EL Mirage.
NICE! That's another day trip I haven't been able to make for sometime, like we discussed late last year! lol. One of these days, one of these days.

https://www.facebook.com/hinlo.desertrunners
mojavedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 10:03 AM   #215
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah it's nice having a little playground so close to home. If I can sneak away this Saturday my brother and I are gonna go back out to EL Mirage and see if we can plot a trail through that ridge of boulders west of the dry lake, and then maybe on up through the rock hills in Hi Vista. Theres trails there but I'd like to find a more interesting path. If I can sneak away your welcome to join us. You know how it is out there, pretty mellow wheeling.
Unread 02-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #216
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

On another note: While out there I ran across 3 SB Sheriffs on enduros, hadn't seen that out there before. I came over a little ridge and there they were. As one turned his head to look at me he dropped his motorcycle on the rocks. He was moving slow so not a biggie. I just waved and motored on through. I imagine they're looking for people dumping trash, etc? I hope they catch someone in the act of dumping trash out there.
Unread 02-20-2013, 10:52 AM   #217
VINCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojavedave View Post
Incidently, to impress Steve regarding interest in Desert History as it were, at least in THIS desert, immediately gains my respect. So know that VINCH. Ya still up for some lunch or coffee sometime?
That would be welcome
Pin striping by Bob Spina
VINCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 10:59 AM   #218
mojavedave
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
On another note: While out there I ran across 3 SB Sheriffs on enduros, hadn't seen that out there before. I came over a little ridge and there they were. As one turned his head to look at me he dropped his motorcycle on the rocks. He was moving slow so not a biggie. I just waved and motored on through. I imagine they're looking for people dumping trash, etc? I hope they catch someone in the act of dumping trash out there.
Let me know! I think I gave you my number at one point.
Unread 02-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #219
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Will do, Yeah I have your number in my private messaging.
Unread 01-04-2014, 01:34 PM   #220
mojavedave
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Doin' it again!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f317/...05/?highlight=
Unread 01-23-2014, 06:10 PM   #221
slickrocksteve
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Bump up, as someone may want to see the trips coming up. I have gone on this many times, and we always seem to have a pretty good time. ( even been rained/snowed on once!) We usually get a cross section of rigs, and at least one of us is pretty knowlegeable about the trails. Even Wives, and small kids, can come and explore the antique shops of Randsburg, or Johanesburg. ( VERY DANGEROUS!!, especially if they have credit cards!!) Or, go over the big Red Cliffs area of Red Rock Cyn, and look at the nice formations. ( No 4x4 needed there!).
slickrocksteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.