Red Rock area, Ca. 2013 - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Red Rock area, Ca. 2013

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 02-18-2013, 05:28 PM   #196
VINCH

Sorry We missed each other this past weekend Dave I did hear you came to our camp on friday am I was in Ridgcrest.
I came by your camp 2x once Friday afternoon and again Saturday eveing no one was there I did leave you a not though you get it?
Let me know when your doing the barn dropping and if free I will help ya out
I will be back out to Goler mid March for 4-5 days with the wifey
Hope you guys had fun wheeling all the Gulches we big trucks are not able to do the Narrows and Nightmare but we got our trucks dirty hitting up Holland Camp, The Old Dutch Cleanser mine, Holly Camp and Bonanza Gulch I fell on my A$$ at the Holly Camp bruised my tailbone GOOD so I had to limit my prospecting and Quad riding also had to cut a day off my trip
Anyways enough rambling keep the rubber side down and the dirt outta your teeth

Pin striping by Bob Spina
VINCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 09:13 AM   #197
jeff_in_rc
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry we missed you to Vinch, saw your note so we knew you had been there. I don't have a working camera right now so I will have to wait for Dave to get his pics posted but we had a good time. On Friday Dave and I went up Goler Gultch to the point we could not get thru without winches and damages so we backed up and kept it safe and fun. On Saturday we had 3 rigs and did most of the Bonanza trail but I will let Dave tell the whole story. Sunday, we went to Randsburg and man was that place packed, I headed for home about the time the others were heading for the Joint!

Got to try out my new-to-me camp trailer made out of an old Toyota pickup bed with a shell, slept well and had most of everything I needed but of course I forgot a few things, the worst of them being a pillow! LOL
Made a pillow out of my jacket and shirts, worked well enough to sleep anyway. So Dave, where's the real story and pics??
Unread 02-19-2013, 10:58 AM   #198
mojavedave
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Here's some photos from the Feb. 2013 Goler Event! I will post more as they become available to me and I will have a little bit of a right up soon.

Enjoy!

http://s1284.beta.photobucket.com/us...96121216005144
https://www.facebook.com/hinlo.desertrunners
mojavedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 04:17 PM   #199
slickrocksteve
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Jeff;
Appreciated you and your Daughter taking this old reprobate along this weekend. Nice to not have to drive,
but I sure do miss my Wrangler, and my Red Ram!!

I have to admit, I probably SHOULD have come up to the cabin to camp, as I was a bit shocked and disappointed with the other group,
and their disregard for safety, the law, and common sense.
Hard to believe that a law officer would do some of what I saw, and perhaps I'm just too old for that kind of drunken behaviour.
slickrocksteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 04:30 PM   #200
jeff_in_rc
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Steve,

You are very welcome of course, we had a good time talking with you about everything. I hope my driving was acceptable, I never sit in the passanger seat! LOL
So are you going to get a Jeep again? It would be cool to wheel with you some time.

Yea, if you had come over you would have seen my little rig, got to use it for the first time Saturday night, slept good for most of the night but got cold in the early morning hours.
Then I opened up the second sleepbag and threw it over me and I was fine from then on. Forgot a few things which is normal but hey, it's a work in progress.

Man I have to agree about the "other" group and that is all I'm gonna say right now, know what I mean?
You take care and I hope to see you again some time.
Unread 02-19-2013, 05:22 PM   #201
VINCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrocksteve View Post
Jeff;
Appreciated you and your Daughter taking this old reprobate along this weekend. Nice to not have to drive,
but I sure do miss my Wrangler, and my Red Ram!!

I have to admit, I probably SHOULD have come up to the cabin to camp, as I was a bit shocked and disappointed with the other group,
and their disregard for safety, the law, and common sense.
Hard to believe that a law officer would do some of what I saw, and perhaps I'm just too old for that kind of drunken behaviour.
STEVE
you are not too old I can only hang with that group 1x a year otherwise i might have to hurt some peeps. LOL I sent you a PM over on VD hope you take me up on it. unfortunately we cant control everyone to our way of thinking when peeps start acting that way I either go to my trailer or sit near the fire with others that dont like that behavior just know you were not alone in your thinking dont blame the group just the individuals that acted out we are not ALL bad

MojaveDave let me know when you do the barn dropping I will be there I sent you a PM on here with my cell (hope you got it) give me a call before hand so I can schedule you in I will be back at the strip in March with the wife and am looking forward to the solitude
Unread 02-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #202
VINCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_in_rc View Post
Steve,

You are very welcome of course, we had a good time talking with you about everything. I hope my driving was acceptable, I never sit in the passanger seat! LOL
So are you going to get a Jeep again? It would be cool to wheel with you some time.

Yea, if you had come over you would have seen my little rig, got to use it for the first time Saturday night, slept good for most of the night but got cold in the early morning hours.
Then I opened up the second sleepbag and threw it over me and I was fine from then on. Forgot a few things which is normal but hey, it's a work in progress.

Man I have to agree about the "other" group and that is all I'm gonna say right now, know what I mean?
You take care and I hope to see you again some time.
Feel fee to speak your mind Jeff what I see hear will not get over there just know you guys are not alone also on a side note our group was NOT the only group on the strip with fireworks etc I am by no means defending the VD group but for the most part they are good peeps some just dont get it. and those that do were not participating in their shenanigans. I wish I didnt fall on my A$$ at the Holly camp it kind of ruined the majority of my trip I did no prospecting and that was my main reason for being there
Unread 02-19-2013, 09:21 PM   #203
mojavedave
1998 XJ Cherokee 

VINCH! Have to say with what Steve had to say about you and what I have read by your fingers, you're alright!

Also, I speak for my entire group as a GROUP when I say we don't figure you (and some others) the same as "those" others. Remember you snd I PM'd regarding individuals vs. the group in a conversation prior to our trips. I haven't EVEN met you face to face yet and already respect you!

We will talk more soon my friend. and I look forward to that!
Unread 02-19-2013, 09:23 PM   #204
mojavedave
1998 XJ Cherokee 

VINCH, bye the way...

Best of luck in your arse recovery!
Unread 02-19-2013, 09:29 PM   #205
mojavedave
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Incidently, to impress Steve regarding interest in Desert History as it were, at least in THIS desert, immediately gains my respect. So know that VINCH. Ya still up for some lunch or coffee sometime?
Unread 02-20-2013, 08:07 AM   #206
jeff_in_rc
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VINCH View Post
Feel fee to speak your mind Jeff what I see hear will not get over there just know you guys are not alone also on a side note our group was NOT the only group on the strip with fireworks etc I am by no means defending the VD group but for the most part they are good peeps some just dont get it. and those that do were not participating in their shenanigans. I wish I didnt fall on my A$$ at the Holly camp it kind of ruined the majority of my trip I did no prospecting and that was my main reason for being there
What you see here THEY could see here, know what I mean? So I will keep a civil tongue for now but I will say that I was very disappointed in their actions.

See you round the desert.
Unread 02-20-2013, 08:42 AM   #207
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Ok guys I have a question about the main trail that goes up the wash from the Edith E cabin. When I was out there and took those pic's of the cabin we were in a buddies Yukon. He stopped right where it got a little ruff. Anyways I hiked about a mile beyond that spot hoping to see some more rocky areas. Didn't see any.

What I want to know is, are there any good obstacles further up that trail, like water falls to climb up?
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 09:06 AM   #208
jeff_in_rc
2004 TJ Wrangler 

So you never made it to the small rock climb followed by the "squeeze"? Too bad, there are several spots futher up that are a challange and Dave and I got to a point that we had to turn around.
Might have to plan a day run huh?
Unread 02-20-2013, 09:21 AM   #209
mojavedave
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Hotshot-

There is all sorts of good stuff and obstacles up the canyon. Jeff and I took it all the way til it became impassable without a winch and damage! Great trail! For obvious reasons, I recommend no less then two rigs and don't go it alone.
Unread 02-20-2013, 09:23 AM   #210
mojavedave
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Hey- let me know cuz I am already ready for a day run!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.