Rain report for the high desert - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Rain report for the high desert

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 03-09-2013, 11:45 AM   #16
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I pull it with a 2005 Dodge 3500 2wd. Are you talking about Rainbow basin, off of Fossil bed rd, by Calico? That's a nice campground back there. Been meaning to camp there just haven't done it yet. I plan on camping at Glass Creek this year also. Last year my brother and I stopped and checked the area out a little bit. The camp ground there is run down but I'd like to do some exploring around there.

Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2013, 12:11 PM   #17
slickrocksteve
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hotshot;

My truck is identical to yours, if you have srw.
Here is mine.

slickrocksteve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2013, 01:28 PM   #18
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrocksteve
Hotshot;

My truck is identical to yours, if you have srw.
Here is mine.
Yeah, same truck, the only difference is mine is a DRW
image-3545599183.jpg  
Unread 03-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #19
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Nice looking set up you have there.
Unread 03-12-2013, 01:13 PM   #20
slickrocksteve
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks!
Wifeypoo got me into horses before we were married, and now I am really hooked. UNfortunately,
since I was forced to retire a couple years ago by physical limits, I have had to sell my 92 YJ, and my 97 Ram 4X4,
so I'm down to my 2wd Cherokee, and my big truck.

Still manage to go to the El Paso's, and out to the basin to explore in the Cherokee.
Unread 03-12-2013, 02:27 PM   #21
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

What kind of mileage do you get pulling that trailer loaded down with horses? You have the 5.9 right?
Unread 03-21-2013, 03:29 PM   #22
slickrocksteve
2006 TJ Wrangler 

With 20,000 lbs, I get between 12-14 mpg. Yeah, 5.9, and NO DPF!
I love the power of these diesels, and the Cummins is top of the heap in my opinion.

Now, going down the hwy, at 62mph, I can get up to 24mpg, and remember this is almost 9000 lbs! With 2 people, and all the crap we travel with like 3 dogs, and at least 5 suitcases and makeup stuff! )
I do run n the slow lane most of the time, as since retiring, I have no place to be in a hurry. ( Yeah, not in any hurry to croak either, so the devil is going to have to slow down to find me!)
Unread 03-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #23
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrocksteve
With 20,000 lbs, I get between 12-14 mpg. Yeah, 5.9, and NO DPF!
I love the power of these diesels, and the Cummins is top of the heap in my opinion.

Now, going down the hwy, at 62mph, I can get up to 24mpg, and remember this is almost 9000 lbs! With 2 people, and all the crap we travel with like 3 dogs, and at least 5 suitcases and makeup stuff! )
I do run n the slow lane most of the time, as since retiring, I have no place to be in a hurry. ( Yeah, not in any hurry to croak either, so the devil is going to have to slow down to find me!)
Lol. Yep awesome trucks. If I'm running 55/60 I can get as much as 29 mpg. 4.10's.
Unread 03-22-2013, 12:18 PM   #24
slickrocksteve
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hotshot;

Do you hand calcilate, or use the overhead for mileage?
I found my overhead was off by at least 4 mpg, so I usually hand calc.
My Cherokee gets about the same mileage, and it is only 4.0, and a gasser.
So with the cost of Diesel in the past being MORE than Gas, I have driving the Cherokee more often.
Now, the fuel costs are about the same per gallon wise at about $4.09, so I get to drive my truck more!!!
Some pleasure comes out of the cost of Gas I guess!
Unread 03-22-2013, 02:32 PM   #25
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Hand calculated. I know what your saying, the overhead gets it's info from the computer and thats calculting every stop, start, ,overpass, etc. That 29 mpg is on flat ground, no wind, no load, OD on letting the cruise do it's thing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.