Questions about Eagle Lake OHV - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Questions about Eagle Lake OHV

Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-02-2009, 07:43 PM   #1
fredr1980
1997 ZJ 

Questions about Eagle Lake OHV

Has anyone ever been to Eagle Lake OHV in the Susanville, CA area? I have a friend that's going up there this upcoming weekend and he's invited me, the only thing is that it's like a 5 and a half hour drive from San Jose and I was wondering if it was even worth it being that it's a longer drive for me than going to the Rubicon, and if so how difficult are the trails out there. I can't really find anything on the web about any trails outside of what's on the BLM site. His rig is pretty set up as he has a 4-Door JK Rubicon on 37", winch, armor and what not and he claims that it's worth the drive but I wanted to get some more opinions.

Thanks,
Fred R.

Unread 02-03-2009, 05:47 PM   #2
ThrillSeeker
1998 ZJ 

I have only heard about the Fort Sage OHV area. High desert type terrain, limited trails for dirtbikes and Jeeps. For a 5+ hour ride I would definitely want to know what it was all about too...

If you trust that your buddy knows what he is talking about, then do the trip...

Don't forget some of those cold ones....

And post up a trail report if you do go, so others can know if it is worthwhile or not....
Unread 02-04-2009, 12:47 AM   #3
lunchbox101
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I live in susanville, and ride my motorcycle on eagle lake road every single day in the summer. im very familiar with the area, but i just got a jeep.

what exactly are you talking about?? theres a bunch of old logging trails? theres a few cool spots off of highway 44...ive only had my jeep for two weeks, but i couldnt see why it would be worth a five hour drive? all the pictures of all of these cool spots on this forum make me think it sucks up here...but then again i dont really know where anything is?
lunchbox101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2009, 01:19 PM   #4
fredr1980
1997 ZJ 

Thanks guys, this is just what I was looking for.

Thanks again,
Fred R.
Unread 02-06-2009, 03:28 PM   #5
2000TJDude
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I wonder if his friend was talking about Eagle LakeS off hwy 80 where the Fordyce Trail begins.
Unread 02-11-2009, 08:26 PM   #6
makaioM3
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I use to work up in the Susanville area. This time of year it would take you more like 6.5 hours to get to the Eagle Lake Area. There's some good fun 4 wheeling spots in the area, but nothing like the Rubicon. Lots of old logging roads, and a few hill climbs here and there out by the prison's.
Unread 02-21-2009, 01:00 AM   #7
lunchbox101
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by makaioM3 View Post
I use to work up in the Susanville area. This time of year it would take you more like 6.5 hours to get to the Eagle Lake Area. There's some good fun 4 wheeling spots in the area, but nothing like the Rubicon. Lots of old logging roads, and a few hill climbs here and there out by the prison's.
those dirtbike ones? those are ridiculous...i would not be taking the jeep on that haha

rice canyon for everyones information...
lunchbox101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.