Pi-Pi Valley weekend run - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Pi-Pi Valley weekend run

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 06-26-2009, 09:01 PM   #31
DDJ55
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Dirty Devers Jeep...anyways Tim their was another post that stated that stock jeeps can make the trail and there are many trails so if one gets to hairy we can find another way around.

I already confirmed the dates off(18th and 19th) and am starting to see who else I can get to go.

One question I have for people that have been up there is how are the rangers? Are there spots to stop and target shoot some cans?

DDJ55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2009, 08:56 AM   #32
awachwhiteboy
1975 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim04willys View Post
Dur........I never realized that was you Chuck....you gotta tell me these things. DDJ55? What the hell's that?

Yeah, I'll plan on going.

Other people that have been before - how will a stock Jeep do? ( I know nothing about Pi Pi valley)
You'd run through a tank of gas before you found an obstacle you couldn't get through in pipi. Its mostly fun logging trails thats more exploring around, very little hardcore rockcrawling.
Sacramento Jeepers Group #1
awachwhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2009, 11:18 AM   #33
DDJ55
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not ready for some major rock crawling yet. I do however like a couple creeks or small rivers to drive through that is fun.
Unread 06-29-2009, 09:31 AM   #34
awachwhiteboy
1975 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDJ55 View Post
Dirty Devers Jeep...anyways Tim their was another post that stated that stock jeeps can make the trail and there are many trails so if one gets to hairy we can find another way around.

I already confirmed the dates off(18th and 19th) and am starting to see who else I can get to go.

One question I have for people that have been up there is how are the rangers? Are there spots to stop and target shoot some cans?

Yes it is a good place to shoot, I'd wait until we are far enough out to go for it, but ive shot up there quite a bit its a go.
Unread 07-01-2009, 11:54 PM   #35
DDJ55
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds good, we have a few good guns we like to take up.
Unread 07-07-2009, 12:12 PM   #36
DDJ55
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Alright, I just wanted to say that some friends and I are still planning on going. Thought the thread needed another post. I just got back from camping up by Union Valley Reservoir. We found a nice little peninsula up there where no one else is. I think Ill just leave my doors off until Pi Pi, why not right.
Unread 07-07-2009, 05:40 PM   #37
sean924
1998 ZJ 

im still planning on going too, my boss is kinda stringing me along and not telling me yet if he is giving me the weekend off, lets just hope hes in a good mood this thursday when he makes the schedule....union valley is a nice place to be this time of year too, stays decently cool during the day and not too cold at night, im hoping for good weather when we are up there for the trail run, and that the dust isnt too terrible on the trails.
Unread 07-07-2009, 11:45 PM   #38
awachwhiteboy
1975 CJ5 

I am still in, what date is "the" date the 18 or 19th or both ?
Unread 07-08-2009, 12:17 AM   #39
Tim04willys
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, is it camping also? is there nice camping out there?
Tim04willys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2009, 12:21 AM   #40
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

yes. but i would either camp at Elkins Flat or Gold Note Camp ground. i know for a fact elkins has bathrooms and a stream to pump water from(make sure you boil it or something). not sure about gold note. pretty sure it has bathrooms there. lots of long forest roads. you will see lots of dirt-bikes and quads up there. they have been doing alot of logging up there toward the Elkins flat area so some roads may be closed off. just my :2cents:
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2009, 12:26 AM   #41
obxresq
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds like fun.. I will double check the plans for that weekend see if we can make it.

“I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman" Chief Edward F. Croker FDNY (1899-1911)

Firefighting..The only profession where you can break into someones home, flood it, rip out the walls, bust out windows, cut holes in the roof, and they THANK YOU for your service[/COLOR]
obxresq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2009, 06:58 PM   #42
sean924
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor0770 View Post
yes. but i would either camp at Elkins Flat or Gold Note Camp ground. i know for a fact elkins has bathrooms and a stream to pump water from(make sure you boil it or something). not sure about gold note. pretty sure it has bathrooms there. lots of long forest roads. you will see lots of dirt-bikes and quads up there. they have been doing alot of logging up there toward the Elkins flat area so some roads may be closed off. just my :2cents:
i vote for elkins flat, although i dount know where that is, i do know that gold not is VERY dusty this time of year and can be a bit unpleasant, there are also no bathrooms or water near by, you are up higher more than down in a valley where water runs (duh). and yes there are tons of dirtbikes and quads out there on most weekends. and yeah, lots of long forest roads back in the trees, its pretty sweet in the shade on a summer day up there.
Unread 07-08-2009, 10:03 PM   #43
DDJ55
2002 TJ Wrangler 

From reading, which holds a little fire to experience, Pi Pi is the more populated and Elkins is a good fit for the group.

Correct me if I am wrong, still a newbie.

The next question is--> do we want to leave Late Friday night and set up camp or early Saturday morning?
Unread 07-08-2009, 11:22 PM   #44
sean924
1998 ZJ 

im open for whatever, i usually work 10-4 so im free after that, and my boss pretty much told me that im clear for getting saturday and sunday off. im open to discussion/debate about the departure time.
Unread 07-12-2009, 05:50 PM   #45
sean924
1998 ZJ 

confirmed. i have the weekend off, i'm good to go

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.