JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f317/)
-   -   Panamint Valley Camp spots (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f317/panamint-valley-camp-spots-1423439/)

Hotshot 10-02-2012 01:54 PM

Panamint Valley Camp spots

Can anyone tell me wheres the best spots to camp in Panamint Valley with a RV? Is there a designated campground around Ballarat?

2acrawl 10-02-2012 05:42 PM

It's been a few years but I believe you can pay to camp right at Ballerat. But if you go straight to ballerat and then make a left down the dirt road there are plenty of places to pull off. Thats the way i have only camped there was for free for at least four or five times I have been there. I am actually trying to go again with some other families on Christmas-New year break.

Hotshot 10-03-2012 09:08 AM

Thanks for the info. I get off work for approximately two weeks around Christmas and New Years myself. My Brother and I have been talking about going out there so I thought I'd try to do a little research. I've driven by Ballarat on my way to Death Valley but never took the dirt road off the highway to it. You might see us out there this year.

2acrawl 10-04-2012 08:51 AM

That would be cool. Maybe hook-up on one of the runs. Maybe 4 jeeps ?

Hotshot 10-04-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2acrawl
That would be cool. Maybe hook-up on one of the runs. Maybe 4 jeeps ?

We just have one jeep here,. Possibly another buddy and his wife may go? Hooking up would be good because I don't know any of the trails out in the area.

2acrawl 10-04-2012 10:34 PM

If we make it. It's a date done most all trails there.

WOKNROX 11-19-2012 03:12 PM

U can camp in Ballarat $2 a night ...no hookups but does have a bathroom if u need..
Its worth it to help out financially and give some conversation to Buddy...
plus most of ur runs will leave out of Ballarat.

Hotshot 09-26-2013 12:54 PM

Old post, bringing it back to life. Never did make it to Panamint for camping, I went for a weekend to Stovepipe wells in my little camper and froze my but off the first night, ended up in Beatty the second night in a motel room. LOL. Have a new toy hauler and now I'm wondering if there is any full hook up campgrounds in PV, or DV? I remember a campground at the north west end of PV but don't remember the name of it. Anyone know?

jeff_in_rc 09-26-2013 02:29 PM

Panamint Springs Resort IIRC hotshot. Your talking the one on 190 right?

Hotshot 09-26-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeff_in_rc
Panamint Springs Resort IIRC hotshot. Your talking the one on 190 right?

Yeah thanks I found it, not getting full hookups though because they're already booked. Oh well. Gonna grab some dry RV sites in there. Clg82 ( Chris ) from Ridgecrest, his wife, my brother and I are planning a trip for Nov 27th through Dec 1st. Just started talking about it in the roll call LA thread. Let me know if you want to go.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

jeff_in_rc 09-26-2013 03:07 PM

Time will tell on this one, we usually spend the Thanksgiving weekend with the in-laws. I will keep an eye on the thread.

WOKNROX 09-26-2013 05:18 PM

Hey Jeff....are you going to PVD this year..?
O and congrats on the new jeep.....what are you doing with the Yj..

jeff_in_rc 09-27-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WOKNROX (Post 16345265)
Hey Jeff....are you going to PVD this year..?
O and congrats on the new jeep.....what are you doing with the Yj..

I hope to, I still have to get a hall pass! :laugh: Thanks, I am really liking it and can't wait for a good test run. I had the YJ up for sale for 7 days and it was GONE! Went to the son of one of the club members and he loves it!

Right now life is good, VERY good! :thumbsup:

WOKNROX 09-27-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeff_in_rc (Post 16369441)
I hope to, I still have to get a hall pass! :laugh: Thanks, I am really liking it and can't wait for a good test run. I had the YJ up for sale for 7 days and it was GONE! Went to the son of one of the club members and he loves it!

Right now life is good, VERY good! :thumbsup:

Right on bud....glad to hear it went to someone that will get to enjoy it.
Hope to see you at PVD again this year....
I think you were the tail gunner for back door to Darwin last year..?
I was the guy who's fan came unplugged... lol
You waited with me while I plunges it back in...

jeff_in_rc 09-28-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WOKNROX (Post 16372217)
Right on bud....glad to hear it went to someone that will get to enjoy it.
Hope to see you at PVD again this year....
I think you were the tail gunner for back door to Darwin last year..?
I was the guy who's fan came unplugged... lol
You waited with me while I plunges it back in...

OK so that was you, yep I was the tail gunner on the Darwin run. No problems with waiting, it's what we do huh. I am looking forward to PVD but still waiting for the pass! :rofl:

The time now is 01:06 PM.