-   California Jeep Forum (
-   -   Orange County- Registering Jeep from out of state (

supersteez 04-12-2011 02:21 PM

Orange County- Registering Jeep from out of state
I just moved to San Clemente from Las Vegas.

I need to register my Jeep, which has never been registered in California.

I have no fender flares and 12.5 inch MTRs.

Am I going to have issues trying with registration/inspection with no flares/mudflaps etc.?


XJohnnyC 04-12-2011 04:39 PM

I bought my MJ in Las Vegas. Went to AAA to register it in California. They came out to look at it, mainly the VIN and mileage. Don't think they would care if it had no flares and bigger tires.

NonRubicon 04-26-2011 07:13 PM

I think California is more concerned about the smog certification than flares. If it is 49 state model never registered in California you may have to pay extra (~$300?) to get it registered, and you need proof of prior residency and that it was registered to you in the state you moved from. Fee goes toward a smog abatement program or something. 50-state model, no problem.

The local police may want some extra cash though and find reason to ticket you, because technically, you are supposed to have flares that completely cover your tires. Technically. If they really stick out, you are at risk of getting nailed, if not, no worries. California doesn't have regular physical/safety inspection programs for passenger vehicles. Just smog checks.

The time now is 01:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.