Orange County, CA - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Orange County, CA

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 12-22-2009, 02:35 PM   #1
ocTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Orange County, CA

Just introducing myself my names Dan it might be obvious I live in OC and I'm looking for a good jeep club down here with some other people that like to wheel camp etc.

anyone know a good club hit me up or just message me if your in the Area and say Hi

2002 Apex Jeep TJ Lifted, Locked, geared and ready for more
ocTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2009, 04:29 PM   #2
Ricochet88
1993 ZJ 

hey welcome to oc! im in westminster/hb ish check this section for runs im thinking about doing a cleghorn run this weekend maybe

R.I.P. TROY EDWARDS "bigbluezj94"
Ricochet88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2009, 03:02 PM   #3
ocTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Saturday is open for me the Jeep is stock but even having a bit of experience with 4x4 trucks (my last truck was a 77 with a detroit in a corp 14 bolt running 35s on a 6 inch lift open front end) this thing has a way of getting traction even in 2 wd when..really it shouldn't lol

So how about some shops in the area? I have been considering a lift in stages... basically 3 or 4 link the rear end with no lift (no springs anyways) in one stage next stage is to set up the front end for 3/4 link set up then the last phase is to put the coils underneath it and raise it up.. This to me would allow me to get some work done in small steps so I can run a better set up without saving up 6 grand for one of those rediculous twist lifts but still remain competitive and trail/street worthy

anyone have thoughts on this? or a shop that might do something like this? /lay away T and J's straight told me they don't have the accounts to do a layaway type program for a LA I want to run 5-6 inches total lift nots ure if I will run body lift or not

Unread 12-23-2009, 07:08 PM   #4
PhatJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocTJ View Post
So how about some shops in the area? I have been considering a lift in stages...
Welcome to the forum. I know of a 4x4 shop on Beach blvd between Warner and Mcfadden. It's across from HB Jeep dealership. I haven't used this shop but it's been at the same place forever. A couple of guys from work used this place when they had Jeep a few years ago. Can't tell you more since I do most of the work on mine.

BTW, I'll stay away from HB Jeep dealership.

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="White"][B]09 Unlimited Rubicon [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Teraflex 2.5" spring lift kit
ORFAB tire carrier
PhatJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2009, 09:18 PM   #5
Ricochet88
1993 ZJ 

y do you say stay away from the hb dealership? the parts guy leo is cool. anyway theres a place called jeep care center in hb and they are really good a little pricy but they do a really good job

R.I.P. TROY EDWARDS "bigbluezj94"
Ricochet88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2009, 09:22 PM   #6
PhatJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricochet88 View Post
y do you say stay away from the hb dealership? the parts guy leo is cool. anyway theres a place called jeep care center in hb and they are really good a little pricy but they do a really good job
Haven't stopped by the part store at HB Jeep but the sales guys, a whole bunch of them put me off. Not just me but my buddy as well when he tried to buy the JK in 2007. So I choose dealership that treated me at least a serious customer. I now go to Orange Coast Chrysler Jeep for stuff.

Sorry to the OP for getting off topic.

ORFAB tire carrier

Last edited by PhatJK; 12-24-2009 at 01:23 PM.. Reason: fixing grammar
Unread 12-24-2009, 12:34 PM   #7
ocTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone have an opinion on doing the lift in stages? prep the rear for a 4 link or 3 link stage 1 then stage 2 prep the front then stage 3 get the coils installed on all 4 corners? Any of you familiar enough with the setup to know if this would cause an issue with the driving?

Unread 12-24-2009, 05:35 PM   #8
PhatJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocTJ View Post
Anyone have an opinion on doing the lift in stages? prep the rear for a 4 link or 3 link stage 1 then stage 2 prep the front then stage 3 get the coils installed on all 4 corners? Any of you familiar enough with the setup to know if this would cause an issue with the driving?
Maybe you want to post this in the TJ forum. They should be able to help.

ORFAB tire carrier

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.