Norcal high lakes run - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Norcal high lakes run

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Thursday Savings BlastIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-17-2012, 04:26 PM   #166
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by droze View Post
dont blame you. I'm locked front and rear with 33's getting in was no problem but getting out needed to use a winch to finish the last part since the ground is really loose on one end and the other the rocks where to large for my little tj. I would say it was defiantly harder than anypart of the rubicon, more like some sections of fordyce. If it wasnt dark already and i wasnt meeting up with other guys i would not have done it but couldn't see how hard it was until daytime the next morning.

im down to go. we could try and head to bear lake or pipejam lake really wanted to go there just ran out of time when scouting.
Wish I could go! Saturday's run won't be very challenging for you, so glad you get to do a little hard core stuff before my scenic tour, lol!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003

www.norcal-jeeps.com
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2012, 04:33 PM   #167
Awesome
1995 YJ Wrangler 

How would you make a day trip out of coming here from Petaluma? LOL

Droze, the entrance may have been changed since the last time you came up. It's filled with smaller boulders now so I think I could make it without being winched.

I found out my wife has to work Thursday, so I have to find someone to watch the kids if I'm going to go.
”This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!” ~Adolph Hitler, 1935, on The Weapons Act of Nazi Germany
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2012, 05:10 PM   #168
Gene13
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
I have driven up to Loon Lake and back to do a snow run up there. I'll drive up to 3-4 hrs for a good run. Nuts I know.
Gene13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #169
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene13 View Post
I have driven up to Loon Lake and back to do a snow run up there. I'll drive up to 3-4 hrs for a good run. Nuts I know.
Hell yeah! It's not the destination, it's the journey!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003

www.norcal-jeeps.com
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2012, 06:47 PM   #170
Gene13
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
Gene13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2012, 09:13 PM   #171
droze
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome View Post

Droze, the entrance may have been changed since the last time you came up. It's filled with smaller boulders now so I think I could make it without being winched.

I found out my wife has to work Thursday, so I have to find someone to watch the kids if I'm going to go.
its a family trip . PM me and let me know if you will be able to go or not later this week.
droze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2012, 09:14 PM   #172
droze
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
very true. if it was a destination i would get there as fast as possible and start drinking.
droze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2012, 07:28 AM   #173
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by droze View Post
Wow topic changed to snow wheeling while i was out of town.

unfortunately it does not look as if i will have time to do this in october, looks like spring 2013 may have to be the time to go. Have to get a couple guys trained here before the end of october for the big money weekend when i will have 4 shows going and will be out of state.

I've been trying to open a weekend, but i cannot let guys who aren't properly trained in gun sales take a show, so i need to concentrate hard on training at this time .

a snow trip would be great later in the year or the beginning of next year. The jeep is ready for that and id like to get a good one in this winter before i park it in the garage to begin the next step of the transformation this winter early spring.
Well since this thread has turned into something else. When you do find some time to do the run, why don't you start a new one.

I'm from Minnesota. So I don't do snow anymore, unless I have to.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.