NorCal: Cow Mountain OHV run in May. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > NorCal: Cow Mountain OHV run in May.

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 03-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #1
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

NorCal: Cow Mountain OHV run in May.

Formerly in the "North Bay Jeepers" thread. I decided to start a thread on this potential run. The list of folks interested are as follows:

1. Bobthetj03
2. Mitchell420TJ
3. titomars
4. Velocipus
5. crteampscal
6. JPetru82
7. Jcool
8. pikegulley
9. Rusty
10.Jam86
11.Flyinion
12. turnstyle (WF)
13. TOKKIE (WF)
14. Gene13
15. autumnxtoxsehsa

Ok, possible dates for May:
5th-6th
12th-13th
19th-20th
26th-27th
June 1st-2nd

Ok, I'm gonna put a date out there and see what you all think. Let's try the weekend of the 12th-13th. I want to keep this a day trip only, but there is plenty of camping oportunities on Cow. I will leave that business up to you guys. Just keep in mind that I will be starting on the Lake Co. side and end up in the Ukiah side. If anyone is interested in camping, let me know and I'll try to get some pics of some of the camping areas in the upcoming weeks.
Keep in mind, this is an "informal get together". I'm not part of any 4x4 clubs as of yet. I'm just an offroad enthusiast that enjoys exploring with my Jeep and thought a get-together of fellow enthusiast's would be fun.
I still need to nail down which day. Saturday or Sunday? For those that want to camp, or have a long journey home, Saturday may be preferable, but Sunday would work as well. Input needed.
As far a organizing this, I will provide what info I can for the area via this thread. I'm thinking I can set up a good meeting place in Lakeport for everyone from out of town to me at. I have in mind the "Rotten Robbie's fuel station" on South Main St. This will give everyone an opportunity to top off and get snacks. From this point, we can all caravan to the OHV gate and stage in the creek bed area. More on that later. If you go to this website: http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/ukiah/cowmtn.html
you can down load a PDF file map of the area. More info to follow.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003

Last edited by bobthetj03; 03-12-2012 at 09:42 AM.. Reason: added content
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2012, 09:06 PM   #2
Mitchell420tj
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Im definatly in
Mitchell420tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #3
Gene13
2007 JK Wrangler 

Sounds like fun have been to cow 2-3 times since i got the my jeep and still haven't done it all. Sat the 12 would work for me.
Gene13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2012, 09:43 PM   #4
JPetru82

2001 TJ Wrangler 

as said before I'm in for sure. May 12th sounds good to me. Its about 2-1/2 hours for me, it'll make for a long day, but it'll be worth it. What time would you want to meet at?
Does everyone have a CB? recovery gear? tools to bring?
JPetru82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2012, 09:50 PM   #5
Mitchell420tj
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPetru82
as said before I'm in for sure. May 12th sounds good to me. Its about 2-1/2 hours for me, it'll make for a long day, but it'll be worth it. What time would you want to meet at?
I'm pretty new so I only have tow straps, bob says its pretty easy so hopefully I won't need tools but eventually I will. I also wouldn't mind getting a cb in the future most of my friends with 4x4 have them to
Unread 03-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #6
JPetru82

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell420tj

I'm pretty new so I only have tow straps, bob says its pretty easy so hopefully I won't need tools but eventually I will. I also wouldn't mind getting a cb in the future most of my friends with 4x4 have them to
I realize it should be on the easier side, but you never know what'll happen. I have a the warn8000 winch on my TJ, so as long as everyone has good hook up spots we can get out of anything.
Unread 03-11-2012, 10:08 PM   #7
Mitchell420tj
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPetru82

I realize it should be on the easier side, but you never know what'll happen. I have a the warn8000 winch on my TJ, so as long as everyone has good hook up spots we can get out of anything.
I'm getting mine in a week or two its an 8000 lbs one to lol but I know what u mean I need to get tools and learn to fix things for when the time comes, if u wanna know my plan I actually want to just go on these runs with a lot of people and hope someone gets ballsey so I can learn from that lmao
Unread 03-11-2012, 11:30 PM   #8
Rudinater
2009 JK Wrangler 

How far would this be from Fairfield CA?

Red 09 Unlimited Rubicon - Teraflex 4inch long arm lift, Elka shocks, 5:38 gears, 37inch GY MTR's, Expedition Core front bumper with Warn PowerPlant HD, RS-E rear bumper and carrier, RS-E step rock sliders.
Rudinater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2012, 11:35 PM   #9
autumnxtoxsehsa
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'd be interested. Whichever days work for me just need to know ahead of time to request days off work. Would love to meet some new people and learn some new things!
autumnxtoxsehsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 04:12 AM   #10
JPetru82

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudinater
it's about 2 hours for me and I'm in Vallejo, so I would assume about the same for you.
Unread 03-12-2012, 09:49 AM   #11
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPetru82 View Post
I was thinking about meeting at 11AM. I think that would give folks enough time to make the commute without having to get up too early. Figure we could meet at The Rotten Robbies and caravan to the gate, stage up in the creek area, play around there for a bit, air down, etc, and then head up the mountain. I personally don't have a CB, but I do use a pair of hand helds with a couple mile range that works well for me. I don't know much about CB's but I'd assume they can communicate with the hand helds as well. As far as recovery gear, I have the basics. Jeep's got a Warn M8000 winch. I have strap, a snatch block, and D-rings, a small Craftsman portable compressor, rope, and mount points on the jeep. If you guys want to meet earlier than 11AM just let me know, I'm flexible.

Unread 03-12-2012, 09:54 AM   #12
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudinater View Post
Yep, bout 2hrs to the first meeting spot.

Unread 03-12-2012, 02:11 PM   #13
JPetru82

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I'm down to meet earlier if that's what people want.
How much wheeling is there at cow mt.? how many hours can we spend there?
I'd be down to meet around 9 or so if there is enough off roading to make a full day out of it.
Unread 03-12-2012, 02:32 PM   #14
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPetru82 View Post
I'm down to meet earlier if that's what people want.
How much wheeling is there at cow mt.? how many hours can we spend there?
I'd be down to meet around 9 or so if there is enough off roading to make a full day out of it.
I think there's plenty of wheel'n to go around up there. If you check out the website I linked earlier on Cow Mt, there is a map of the trails, and a difficulty rating per each trail. Not all trails will work for us, but several are doable, plus there is the playground on the Ukiah side. We could very easily do a 9 to 5 trip out of it. I'll be making some scouting trips up there over the next month or so to fine tune stuff and provide you guys with more info on specific trails along with some pics too.

Unread 03-12-2012, 02:48 PM   #15
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, 15 potential rigs, with a possible date of May 12, meeting sometime between 9-11AM ending sometime between 3-5PM. Of course, we have two months to think about this and is certainly not set in stone. Will wait till we have some more feedback from you all.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.