NorCal caravan: 4Wheel Part customer appreciation run, Hollister Hills, July22 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > NorCal caravan: 4Wheel Part customer appreciation run, Hollister Hills, July22

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitLJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off Road

Unread 06-01-2012, 05:28 PM   #16
flyinion
2012 JK Wrangler 

Is this event on their website somewhere? I can't seem to find anything about it. I guess mostly I'm interested in whether the trails are ok for stock/slightly modified Jeeps and what the damage potential is. I thought I'd read in some other threads for Hollister either on this forum or somewhere else that the trails were pretty gnarly but maybe that's just the ones that were being utilized.

Unread 06-01-2012, 06:55 PM   #17
Gene13
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinion View Post
Is this event on their website somewhere? I can't seem to find anything about it. I guess mostly I'm interested in whether the trails are ok for stock/slightly modified Jeeps and what the damage potential is. I thought I'd read in some other threads for Hollister either on this forum or somewhere else that the trails were pretty gnarly but maybe that's just the ones that were being utilized.
It has trails for everyone. Been there with 3-4 stock jeeps. There's a lot there to do. If you haven't been before you should go. I'm working on foing but not looking to good.
Gene13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #18
titomars
1981 CJ7 

I have not seen it on their website. But my local store is advertising the event in store plus they were handing out flyers. I have a flyer stuck to my fridge.
This is the kinda whiny crap I would expect to see in the JK forum. We drive rough riding, leaking, gas guzzling CJ's. Rattle can it and throw it in your Jeep.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
1981 Jeep CJ7 258 4.0 HO head, T-5, D300, D30, D44, SOA
1994 Jeep XJ 4.0 HO, AX-15 (My Beater)
1946 Bantam T3-C (original Calif trailer, no rust)
titomars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2012, 07:14 PM   #19
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by titomars View Post
I have not seen it on their website. But my local store is advertising the event in store plus they were handing out flyers. I have a flyer stuck to my fridge.
If you can, bring me a flyer when we meet at Knoxville.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2012, 07:28 PM   #20
titomars
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
If you can, bring me a flyer when we meet at Knoxville.
you got it Jim !
This is the kinda whiny crap I would expect to see in the JK forum. We drive rough riding, leaking, gas guzzling CJ's. Rattle can it and throw it in your Jeep.
Unread 06-05-2012, 12:12 AM   #21
Big50
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by titomars View Post
We will be passing through San Jose. we can make a stop there to meet up with your buddies if you want to caravan with us.
That would be great. Do you guys have an idea on what time you think you'll be passing through? We were going to try to get down there early as this is supposed to be huge. The 4wheelparts guy told my buddy they are expecting 800 rigs up from the 400 last year. We want to set up a nice home base if we can up above the main obstacle course. They have picnic tables and shade. Nice spot to hang out and watch all the built rigs go at it, and the not built ones try stuff they shouldn't. Got to love peer pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinion View Post
That's the wonderful thing about hollister. There are trails for all levels. I remember the first time I went out and made it to the top of the mountain there. I was like this was fun and then I saw a damn Rav4 come rolling up the trial. I obviously didn't feel like I accomplished anything after that
Unread 06-05-2012, 07:56 AM   #22
titomars
1981 CJ7 

Cj

I hadn't planned out the time yet. I do know it is about 2 1/2 hr drive from Santa Rosa. Bobthetj comes from Clear Lake so add 1 1/2 hrs for him. I am thinking we should pull out of Santa Rosa at about 7:30 am. Depending on stops that should put us at Hollister Hills at about 10:30 to 11:00am. As I get more of an idea who will be in the caravan the times may need to be adjusted.

Hey Gene13, I see you have posted to this thread. Are you planning on going?
Unread 06-05-2012, 09:10 AM   #23
Gene13
2007 JK Wrangler 

I don't think I can. I'm going camping the week after this run. Missing two Sundays back to back just not good for work.
Unread 06-05-2012, 09:19 AM   #24
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene13 View Post
I don't think I can. I'm going camping the week after this run. Missing two Sundays back to back just not good for work.
Those racing slicks you got probably wouldn't make the journey anyways.

Skip the camping trip! This is more important!

Unread 06-05-2012, 09:38 AM   #25
Gene13
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Those racing slicks you got probably wouldn't make the journey anyways.

Skip the camping trip! This is more important!
I really wish I could but the wife would kill me if I skipped the trip. On the plus side I'll be near slickrock and Corral Hollow trails. So I'll get some runs in as she and the others are at camp.
Unread 06-05-2012, 09:46 AM   #26
Mitchell420tj
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene13

I really wish I could but the wife would kill me if I skipped the trip. On the plus side I'll be near slickrock and Corral Hollow trails. So I'll get some runs in as she and the others are at camp.
Nice man, take lots of pics, I've wanted to go meet my cousin around there since he lives in l.a. But also sry u can't go that sucks dude
Mitchell420tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2012, 09:53 AM   #27
titomars
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene13 View Post
Well that's a bummer Gene! I had figured you would be in on this. At least you should get some wheeling time in camping.
Unread 06-05-2012, 09:54 AM   #28
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Damn! Gonna be a long day! That means I'll have to roll out at 6AM to meet up in SR by 7:30, and I'm not a morning person, lol!

Unread 06-05-2012, 09:56 AM   #29
Gene13
2007 JK Wrangler 

It's all good. I know there will be another run to Hollister Hills after everyone's been there and wants to go back again.
Unread 06-05-2012, 10:07 AM   #30
titomars
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Damn! Gonna be a long day! That means I'll have to roll out at 6AM to meet up in SR by 7:30, and I'm not a morning person, lol!
If its any consolation, we could do breakfast when you get to SR

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.